NYU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
New on SDN.I was interviewed on march the 6th,
NBDE-85,GPA-3.22,TOEFL-108
waiting for reply,I wish they say yes.
Good Luck to all of us waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey punjabi...where are u from and what college did u graduate from? how many years of clinical experiene do u have?

fefzie,
I Graduated from Punjab,India,presently in Mississauga,Canada.Clinical experience :approx.a year india and I am working as a dental assisstant in Canada.
Have u been interviewed,if yes,when and tell me something more about you.

Members don't see this ad :)
No I have not been interviewed yet :( I have a 84% NBDE 1, ECE 3.82 GPA, Toefl IBT 103 and one year clinical exp in home country (Pakistan). still praying for the miracle of an interview invite :(

its so weird u have not received an invitation letter ,i mean u got good scores and a strong gpa .you should keep calling them asking for ur status i would say every week .

No I have not been interviewed yet :( I have a 84% NBDE 1, ECE 3.82 GPA, Toefl IBT 103 and one year clinical exp in home country (Pakistan). still praying for the miracle of an interview invite :(

Hey marlboro27! I hope you are right! Yes I did call them again just now after reading your post. How should I go about asking them? bc everytime they say your application is under review. They dont even ask my name :( I tell them myself!. Last week they had said be patient whatever they decide I will be the first one to know :(
Today I only asked till what time the interviews will be carried out and she said probably till mid April. :( (its the 17th march tomorow!) then I just thanked her and kept the phone down....Please Prayyyyyyyyyyyyy for me!!!:oops:

its so weird u have not received an invitation letter ,i mean u got good scores and a strong gpa .you should keep calling them asking for ur status i would say every week .

I think you get interview call soon coz as I see on SDN there are some students who have already informed them that they are not joing NYU,I think that is good for all of us who are still going through this wait and keeping our hopes alive by just discussing our scores,coz you have a very good GPA and some people say that NYU consider the candidates with good GPAs.Forget everything,I am sure you will get an email soon just check it regularly.Dont just wait for a letter.Only a few people have that.Mostly emails.
again good luck and be prapared for the interview.

hi fefzi, when will our turn come. i even stop visited sdn, wait is getting worst. how r ur part 2 prep, i cant even concentrate properly.shuold i call them too, its been a while , bec they always say its under review

dont know when will our turn come !! waiting n waiting n only waiting !

Hello to all!
Thanks for keeping my hopes alive! But I guess the reality is our chances are very very slim to get accepted this year...all of us who have Not even been interviewd yet :(. Rink77 I cannot study for part 2 knowing that it is my part 1 score from which I will ALWAYS be judged by! SO I will start studying for my part 1 again and Hope I can improve my score and not drop it! since my part 1 is of old pattern I gave 3 years ago....so I will start studying for my part 1 again...:( studying for part 2 when my part 1 is below 85 is useless and very risky! ....:(
Thanks alot for your support! It really helps! :(

Hello to all!
Thanks for keeping my hopes alive! But I guess the reality is our chances are very very slim to get accepted this year...all of us who have Not even been interviewd yet :(. Rink77 I cannot study for part 2 knowing that it is my part 1 score from which I will ALWAYS be judged by! SO I will start studying for my part 1 again and Hope I can improve my score and not drop it! since my part 1 is of old pattern I gave 3 years ago....so I will start studying for my part 1 again...:( studying for part 2 when my part 1 is below 85 is useless and very risky! ....:(
Thanks alot for your support! It really helps! :(

You are totally right..you have to improve your part 1 first. I got 87 in the new format and they haven't called for an interview in NYU..maybe because of my GPA(2.9)..who knows?? I really don't care anymore..If they will judge becuase of my past ..I don't want to go there. Try to improve the first part at least to a 85..and you'll get into NYU.

bye and good luck

Anyone who interviewed on March 6th received an acceptance letter?

Waiting...

hi punjabi and ccsatellite...

even i had my interview on march 6th..still waiting:confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
ya guys I guess its waste of time waiting for any call as they say tat If u havent received anything from them till now , they dont think they will invte anyone further..
its so depressing ..
Goodluck to everyone !

hi friends. I am also waiting for the reply. It has been a very long time. It seems now the chances are very bleak. my stats are-
nbde-89(new pattern)
gpa-2.94(ece)
toefl-101
It seems they give a lot of importance to gpa. but this is very strange. If this is the case then why do they take nbde. I totally agree with mcr.
Anyways, best of luck to all my fellow friends who are waiting

hi..why dnt u aply elsewhere than nyu???with a 89, u vl surely get..only nyu wants a higher gpa..not the other colleges..people wit scores lower than 89 hav been accepted elsewhere....
even at boston., uic, cali schools ...
al the best..

hey those all who r waiting,

i think the hope of even getting interview is getting fainter and fainter day by day......admission looks so far from us now.. anyways keeping our hope alive lets pray for ourselves.....hy can anyone let me know that how long will they take to send the rejection letter??? and what can we do after that, i mean is there anyway i can improve my GPA?:( plz help me guys.....
one unlucky guy who didn't even got interview.....:scared:

hi everyone congratulations to those who got their acceptances.

I am in trouble, can anyone tell me if they have'nt got their original degree yet??

i went to NYU college of dentistry today to ask about my application status as i did'nt get any interview call from them till now.there was a guy at the addmission's office who told me that my application has been held b'coz i dont have my degree.but i have provided my provisional certificate and a written request from my university registrar that provisional shall be considered as the original till i get my original degree.. but unfortunately they dont accept it.

i dont know what to do now.. has anyone got into a situation like this?? any suggestions please??

any advice would be of great help.

thanks
user_online.gif
progress.gif

hi punjabi and ccsatellite...

even i had my interview on march 6th..still waiting:confused::confused:

Hi Vgp, do you know if anyone interviewed the same day get accepted?

Good luck to you.

Don't know what they are looking for...

hi ccsatellite...

i don't know about it...

good luck for u too....letz hope for the good...:luck:

hi chato as far as i know colleges do not accept provisional degrees.all colleges require permanent degree certificate.you can go to individual websites of colleges and check it out as well go to search [on sdn]and check it out .hope this helps.

Hi all
I just saw another thread on SDN on the same page that is given 5 stars.somebody has an interview call on 27th of march.And they are saying that almost 80 seats are already been filled,can anybody see and revert with any information coz many people are waiting for the replies and also there are people who are waiting for interview call.

Hi all
I just saw another thread on SDN on the same page that is given 5 stars.somebody has an interview call on 27th of march.And they are saying that almost 80 seats are already been filled,can anybody see and revert with any information coz many people are waiting for the replies and also there are people who are waiting for interview call.
hey that thread is of year 2007..see that carefully.two guys of this year( one of them is doc72) also posted their views there...so pls carefull

:confused: so quite this week about acceptances...are they still mailing anything...especailly to people interviewed in Jan and Feb......

I am in trouble, can anyone tell me if they have'nt got their original degree yet??

i went to NYU college of dentistry today to ask about my application status as i did'nt get any interview call from them till now.there was a guy at the addmission's office who told me that my application has been held b'coz i dont have my degree.but i have provided my provisional certificate and a written request from my university registrar that provisional shall be considered as the original till i get my original degree.. but unfortunately they dont accept it.

i dont know what to do now.. has anyone got into a situation like this?? any suggestions please??

thanks
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Hi,
I m in the same boat. In which yr did u graduate?? can u share the letter format u had from ur univ registrar?? u can pm me.
wud appreciate ur help.
Thanx.

thanks
user_online.gif
progress.gif
hey chato,
Sorry to disappoint you but I did the same thing two years ago and final outcome was my applcn wasn't get completed. I did sent a note from my registrar just like you did. They finally told me I need the original dental degree document and not the provisional degree. Even colorado did the same thing. Don lose your heart, I just wanted to let you know what I underwent, try not to get hurted. Hope this helps. One more victim of NYU not even got the interview yet! Good luck to fellow sdners!

so wat everyone is doing now .. retaking part 1 or prep for part2 ?? n stopped expecting anything from NYU now???

I got my acceptance letter today!!!
I was interviewed on March 11th.
Good luck to everyone.

[hello put your scores that help to others they want higth gpa

Somebody knows when will be the last day of interviewing?

SOembody told me at NYU that the interviews are through april?.....Is this true?...........

hello everybody
I called yesterday and they told me that today it is the las day for interviews, and in two weeks they will start sending rejection letters.

Hi,
I also got accepted at NYU and I am based in California(san deigo).
It would be great if we share accommodation there in NY for the class of 2011.

Hope to hear from you soon

Hi,
I also got accepted at NYU and I am based in California(san deigo).
It would be great if we share accommodation there in NY for the class of 2011.

Hope to hear from you soon

Hi,
I am also from California, Thousand Oaks. You can contact me at [email protected].

Hello,
My hearty congrats to one and all for their acceptances in the colleges! I think its the curtains down time for the everyone whoever is waitin for the interview! Letz pray together to achieve in the followin years! Good luck!

It seems NYU is going strictly by GPA without considering how best you scored in NBDE or TOEFL or whole application. I have seen people who got accepted till now is above 3.4 GPA.
so their cut off GPA is something around this.

in that case why do they call us for interview and wasting our money, time and hopes.

I know someone who has less than 3.4 gpa and been accepted.and be little hopeful coz there aremany people who,ig get somewhere else will prefer 2 year course.

SOembody told me at NYU that the interviews are through april?.....Is this true?...........

I got my interview on the 24th of march but they told me that there were other interview dates for April after the spring break. I hope this helps.

I got my interview on the 24th of march but they told me that there were other interview dates for April after the spring break. I hope this helps.

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope you aren't kidding......

are you an international student?

Hello...well I called them and they said the last days of interviews was 27th march..NO more interviews after that ...it could be the interviews in april will be of people on waiting list from last year.

Hello...well I called them and they said the last days of interviews was 27th march..NO more interviews after that ...it could be the interviews in april will be of people on waiting list from last year.

Well when I called to schedule the interview they gave me the dates in March or dates in April. So....I guess they're still offering interviews to first time applying candidates as well.

Well when I called to schedule the interview they gave me the dates in March or dates in April. So....I guess they're still offering interviews to first time applying candidates as well.

hey kiddo,

I'm afraid that you are in the wrong forum... this section of the forum is for advance placement DDS program @ NYU in other words DDS program for foreign trained dentists @ NYU..

So, next time double check the forums in which you are posting the message...

good luck... best wishes

hey kiddo,

I'm afraid that you are in the wrong forum... this section of the forum is for advance placement DDS program @ NYU in other words DDS program for foreign trained dentists @ NYU..

So, next time double check the forums in which you are posting the message...

good luck... best wishes

Thanks for the correction! Best wishes to you too~~~

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to know when classes begin. I plan on applying next year.