NYU Interview call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My batch included 16 people...and most of them are applying for regular DDS program.

Do you know who was the interviewer? Faculty member or admissions office?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know who was the interviewer? Faculty member or admissions officer?

do you know who the interviewer was? Faculty member or admissions office?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone heard from NYU?

Any news from nyu? if anybody has an idea how many batches have they called in december?

Any news from nyu? if anybody has an idea how many batches have they called in december?

As far as I know that they called just one batch on 14th tuesday and next they called people for jan 7th.... I just heard it...No first hand information.

Thanks mvyr, do you mean they called only one day (14th dec.) for 7th jan, coz wat i heard is they invited ppl till 17th jan. I am so worried its my last hope after being waitlisted everywhere.

As far as I know that they called just one batch on 14th tuesday and next they called people for jan 7th.... I just heard it...No first hand information.

Thanks mvyr, do you mean they called only one day (14th dec.) for 7th jan, coz wat i heard is they invited ppl till 17th jan. I am so worried its my last hope after being waitlisted everywhere.

Yup 14th dec.....That's what I heard..Well Nyu is my last hope too..We can only hope for the best and can keep our fingers crossed..

please everyone ,i need ur advice.......................should i call Nyu to find out the status of my application..........i just don't want to annoy them cause they're probably too freaked out by the large vol. of applications............ BUT MY MONEY ORDER HAS NOT BEEN CASHED YET AND THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT:eek:
according to CAAPID , my application reached them on 29th oct , and the supplement documents were sent to NYu before this..............thank you in advance for saying something!!!!!!!!!!

please everyone ,i need ur advice.......................should i call Nyu to find out the status of my application..........i just don't want to annoy them cause they're probably too freaked out by the large vol. of applications............ BUT MY MONEY ORDER HAS NOT BEEN CASHED YET AND THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT:eek:
according to CAAPID , my application reached them on 29th oct , and the supplement documents were sent to NYu before this..............thank you in advance for saying something!!!!!!!!!!

I think that you should call them but I am not sure that their office will be open this week or not...But definitely you should call them to find out what's going on with your application may be in next week...

NYU is closed, it will open on 3rd jan. you can mail them meanwhile , so that they get back to you when they open.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys,
did any body hear any call today as it was the first working day after holidays? Please keep posted.

I read in the travel and accomodation thread that an sdn member TOOTHCARE had been invited for interview on the 5th of jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they invited for interviews today?

i know that some ppl have there interview this week.. did anyone else got an invite ?
And , those who do go for interview, plz keep us posted on how it went ?

please friends, keep on posting if you got i/v call? Also how was the interview for those who have attended it?

No updates from my side....hopefully we will hear anything soon..

Hi everyone....got iv call today from NYU...
All those who interviewed, can u please share details about IV, Accomodation....
Does anybody knows How many seats are available?
How many batches they already interviewed? How many candidates will be there per batch?
Thanks...

Congratulations asmi28. Can you share your stats and when did you apply and receive the application complete email.
Thank you.

@ Sarika.
I applied just before deadline...
Got application completion n iv email both yesterday....

Hi everyone....got iv call today from NYU...
All those who interviewed, can u please share details about IV, Accomodation....
Does anybody knows How many seats are available?
How many batches they already interviewed? How many candidates will be there per batch?
Thanks...
Hey ashmi28,
Congrats for Interview. Can you share your status please?

My stats are
nbde I- 88
nbde II-76
Toefl-96
GPA-3.29

Hey ashmi28,
Thanks for sharing your status.......You have a great status.
Wish you a good luck for your upcoming interview at NYU.

Hey asmi, congrates for the invitation. Can you pls tell if you were a reapplicant?

@ Sarika.
I applied just before deadline...
Got application completion n iv email both yesterday....

yes im reapplicant...my iv is on 20th of jan...anybody for same date?
if anybody have info regarding iv please post here...
thanks for wishes...

congratz asmi!!! Best of luck!!=)

do you guys know if this school would send a letter or an email to tell if they wont accept you, so we just stop waiting!

They send rejection letters after interviews are over, during spring.

Any body pls tell if they send i/v everyday and if interviews are done only once in a week or twice?

do you guys know if this school would send a letter or an email to tell if they wont accept you, so we just stop waiting!

thank u asmi for sharing your stats...could u please tell me your visa status and work experience so that i could estimate my chances of getting a interview.

My stats are
nbde I- 88
nbde II-76
Toefl-96
GPA-3.29

thank u asmi for sharing your stats...could u please tell me your visa status and work experience so that i could estimate my chances of getting a iv

any updation today?

@ Porusporus
Im on H-4
I did obeservership n worked voluntarily as dental assistant here...

Anyone knows how much time does NYU take to intimate an applicant about his/her status after interview?
Thanking you in anticipation.

Anyone knows how much time does NYU take to intimate an applicant about his/her status after interview?
Thanking you in anticipation.

Usually 3-4 weeks..they send a letter via mail.

Hi to all,
I was intervieewd on 1/7/2010 and here is a jist of my experience:
I reached pretty early around 7:15am.i put my stuff in a coat closet they provide and then I was given a packet of information to fill in just general stuff like name address etc.Within 15-20 minutes I was called in for a personal interview by a faculty.It lasted for about 25-30 minutes and was entirely casual and general in nature.They just wanna know whether you are competant enough for their program:).So chill and be yourself.
I waited till the rest of us were done with the interviews(there were 13 of us).Just another little detail you can have coffee and muffins/cakes in the meanwhile:)Then we went for the orientation where they talked about loans/program and answered our questions related to the school.Thereafter took us on a tour of the school..(its awsome and with huge infrastructure...loved it).
Last was the lunch in their cafetaria and then we were allowed to leave(Around 12:15pm we were free).Unfortunately we were unable to talk to any current students as they were busy with some orientation/some batches were off due to a friday.
All in all great school and the interview was not stressfull at all:)
Hope this was of some help to all those in line for the interview.All the best!

@ reaching4stars.. congrats for the interview and thnks for sharing ur experience.... can you please share your stats and your dental experience till date.....

Hello friends, if nyu send i/v invitations everyday? Anybody got today?

@ reaching4stars.. congrats for the interview and thnks for sharing ur experience.... can you please share your stats and your dental experience till date.....

part1:85
gpa:3.89
worked in india for 1 yr
observership :1yr
dental assistant currently
lots of continuing education course and volunteering

Do they call for iv only once in a week ? How is the process going and for how long will they call for iv ?

If all the students who have interview till 20th januray got invitations before christmas holidays? coz it seems nobody got call after that or people are not posting. pls reply

Finally, got application complete mail on the 4th of jan......................this is really nerve wrecking how most of the ppl are silent about interview invitations.......:confused:
@reaching4stars: could you or somebody else elaborate a little about continuing education programs? the ones i found out about are too expensive, each one for 1500$ and plus????

Last edited: