NYU DPT class of 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kray

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm starting this thread to see if anyone else out there will be attending NYU this summer. We should start up a fb thread/exchange emails and all that good stuff! Hope some of you are out there!

Btw, anyone decide between NYU and Duke? I've put my deposit down for NYU and I'm 90% positive but Duke still looms in the back of my mind. Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'll be starting at NYU this summer also! I am planning on sending in my deposit tomorrow, so it will be final. I didn't have the NYU/Duke dillemma, but I did have a hard decision between Columbia and NYU. So I am worried that Columbia will be looming in the back of my mind as well. But I think once we all get settled in at NYU it'll be great.

Received my acceptance letter December 22nd and sent my deposit in a few weeks later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, what made you guys decide on NYU? I just got into university of Maimi and am now totally thrown off.

Anyone receive more information in the mail besides the acceptance letter?

I havent recieved anything in the mail yet, but i did call to make sure they recieved my deposit since i was worried when i hadn't heard back from them. I am hoping they send out something soon about orientation dates and that sort of stuff.

I'll be starting at NYU this summer too, and am so excited!

Is everyone going to orientation on April 8th? Looking forward to meeting you then...

I also applied to Duke and my main reason for picking NYU above the others were the clinical opportunities and connections to the best hospitals in the nation. Small class size too. But Duke was beautiful and the people there were great, so it's obviously a tough decision!

Have any of you been able to apply for summer housing through the University? For some reason I am not able to and I have contacted several people who work with the PT department and the housing department and have found no help.

Have any of you been able to apply for summer housing through the University? For some reason I am not able to and I have contacted several people who work with the PT department and the housing department and have found no help.

I got an email from Remi at NYU (the new Student Adviser/Coordinator) stating the following...

"I am writing to confirm that I have received your inquiry regarding summer housing. The website is experiencing technical difficulties. We will email you when the site is up and running. Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Remi Odunsi"

As for the other posts, I picked NYU because I've had an awesome experience in each of several visits and conversations with faculty. Current classes are small and the students seem to be a tight group. Additionally I haven't found any other school with more clinical contacts and opportunities which makes sense...it's New York!

I don't know very much about Duke but to address the Columbia dilemma I think you made a good choice. Despite living right next to Columbia for a year and loving the school overall I got a pretty bleak view of the PT department when I went to visit. The faculty at NYU were enthusiastic and laid back and the facility was very nice whereas Columbia's department felt cold. I'm sure the faculty is top notch but the attitude felt lifeless and sense of humor was noticeably lacking.

I'll be at the orientation the weekend of April 8 and apartment shopping in Brooklyn as well if anybody wants to join :)

See you all soon!

Cheers
Mick

I got an email from Remi at NYU (the new Student Adviser/Coordinator) stating the following...

"I am writing to confirm that I have received your inquiry regarding summer housing. The website is experiencing technical difficulties. We will email you when the site is up and running. Thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Remi Odunsi"

As for the other posts, I picked NYU because I've had an awesome experience in each of several visits and conversations with faculty. Current classes are small and the students seem to be a tight group. Additionally I haven't found any other school with more clinical contacts and opportunities which makes sense...it's New York!

I don't know very much about Duke but to address the Columbia dilemma I think you made a good choice. Despite living right next to Columbia for a year and loving the school overall I got a pretty bleak view of the PT department when I went to visit. The faculty at NYU were enthusiastic and laid back and the facility was very nice whereas Columbia's department felt cold. I'm sure the faculty is top notch but the attitude felt lifeless and sense of humor was noticeably lacking.

I'll be at the orientation the weekend of April 8 and apartment shopping in Brooklyn as well if anybody wants to join :)

See you all soon!

Cheers
Mick

Thanks Mick, my e-mail is acting up and for some reason I am not able to receive any e-mails from Remi (I hope its my e-mail ha), so I am stuck with calling her every now and then to try and get an update so I'm sort of "out of the loop" which can be frustrating. I'll be at orientation April 8th also.