UW DPT 2022-2023 (class of 2026)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymous.dpt

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for the 2026 class of UW's DPT program, as I haven't seen one yet. I was curious if anyone has heard any updates on decisions? I also wanted to share my stats and will update once I hear from them!

I am a current undergrad student at UW, majoring in psychology
cumulative GPA: 3.56
pGPA: 3.27
GRE: quantitative 158, verbal 154, writing 3.0 (oof)
hours: around 600 PT between three different outpatient clinics, the majority of which are from the clinic I currently work at as an aid
four letters of rec: two from PT's that graduated from the UW program, one other PT I work closely with, and a prerequisite professor
I also have around 300 hours of general healthcare volunteer experience at a hospital
also worked as a barista for two years before starting my aid job

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just heard from UW, got an offer of admission. They gave me until February 8th to decide so I'm going to be thinking my options over.

Just heard from UW, got an offer of admission. They gave me until February 8th to decide so I'm going to be thinking my options over.
I also just got admitted. Where else are you thinking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they send decisions out in waves? I haven’t heard yet :(

I also just got admitted. Where else are you thinking?
I got accepted to George Fox in Oregon and waitlisted for Cal State Long Beach. Really hoping to get off the waitlist for long beach, but in the meantime will put down a deposit for either UW or George Fox. I’m leaning towards George Fox right now because they don’t charge out of state tuition

Does anyone know if they send decisions out in waves? I haven’t heard yet :(
I haven't heard back from them either. I'm thinking we did not make the initial list but with the due date to accept being so soon at a week I'm wondering if they will just send out offers for those that did not accept next week and just keep that cycle going until they fill their seats.

I haven't heard back from them either. I'm thinking we did not make the initial list but with the due date to accept being so soon at a week I'm wondering if they will just send out offers for those that did not accept next week and just keep that cycle going until they fill their seats.
They said they're doing an info session for admitted people on Monday, Feb 8th so they will probably send out all decisions by then (just a guess though).

i also havent heard back yet. i hope they r sending decisions depending on how early/late we submit the apps.

that would make sense

They said they're doing an info session for admitted people on Monday, Feb 8th so they will probably send out all decisions by then (just a guess though).
Sorry did you mean Monday the 6th, or Wednesday the 8th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an emailing stating I am on the alternate list, top 1/3rd. Hopefully there's some movement on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 user
congrats! do u mind sharing your stats with us?

Just received an email today as well that I am on the alternate list.

congrats! do u mind sharing your stats with us?
Sure! I think that I'm going to deny the acceptance today (I really can't justify the out of state tuition costs or find a way for me to establish residency) so I hope one of you guys gets the spot!

B.S. in Biology from UC Irvine
cGPA: 3.63
pGPA: ~3.71 (depends on school)
GRE: quantitative 153, verbal 159, writing 4.5
Hours: ~200 (aquatic, orthopedic, pediatrics)
Three letters of rec: one from my aquatic PT supervisor, one from my current employer, one from my previous professor at UCI
Extracurriculars: UCI Women's Rugby Club, Pre-health club member, volunteered at a free medical clinic as a medical scribe and receptionist, shadowing hours from both a doctor and a vet, ~6 years of research experience (4 years of undergraduate, 2 years as a Staff Research Associate for the same lab), volunteered for occupational therapy based karate, ran for the charity my lab supports in multiple 5k races

Reactions: 1 user
I found out I am in the bottom third of the waitlist. Do I have a chance at this point😭the one program I’ve been accepted to is giving me some problems with my prerequisites and I don’t know for sure if it will work out.

I’m on the alternate list as well! I heard from a graduate from UW that half of her class was from the waitlist so I’m gonna try to be hopeful even though I’m not in the top 1/3 😅 good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

I’m on the alternate list as well! I heard from a graduate from UW that half of her class was from the waitlist so I’m gonna try to be hopeful even though I’m not in the top 1/3 😅 good luck to everyone on the waitlist!
Do you know roughly how many people make the waitlist?

Someone posted a comment saying that 550 people are on the waitlist lol. But its not 100% sure so keep that in mind.
yea UW sent an email to people who wish to keep their spots on the waitlist saying that there are 550 people on the waitlist. I think they basically waitlisted everyone that applied:/

yea UW sent an email to people who wish to keep their spots on the waitlist saying that there are 550 people on the waitlist. I think they basically waitlisted everyone that applied:/
They did? I never got one and said yes to keep me so. Hopefully there weren't any tech issues there lol.

They did? I never got one and said yes to keep me so. Hopefully there weren't any tech issues there lol.
ohh idk then:0 i did also email them about the alternate list before so maybe that's why but you could email them to make sure