NYMC vs NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eefen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting on a secondary for NYMC, but saw some things about NYU that I liked in the school specific thread. Trying to decide if I should just stay with NYMC or not submit the 100 dollar secondary for a school I'm feeling so-so about.

36R, sci 3.98, cum 3.95, good ECs, no research, hoping for a merit scholarship. :xf:

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, NYU is ranked higher, but also has higher stats = more difficult to get into. No research may make it tough for NYU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fair enough. It was more of a "what are your thoughts on these schools" than a WAMC thread....stats are just for reference.

NYU is in NYC. NYMC is not.

NYU I believe has a condensed preclinical curriculum.

NYU in general seems to have more resources for its students to take advantage of. NYU definitely has stronger residency programs. NYMC was just bought by Touro recently. NYMC has lots of Canadian geese.

All things to consider.

NYU is in NYC. NYMC is not.

NYU I believe has a condensed preclinical curriculum.

NYU in general seems to have more resources for its students to take advantage of. NYU definitely has stronger residency programs. NYMC was just bought by Touro recently. NYMC has lots of Canadian geese.

All things to consider.
Funny guy