NYEEI Ophthalmology Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhakicNews

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, and if not, please feel free to let me know or flag this for deletion. I am an M4 who is applying into Ophthalmology in this bizarre application cycle, and I am wondering if anyone has input on the Ophthalmology residency program at NYEEI? I have consistently heard rumblings about the program being malignant and "on the way down", but these have all been extremely vague and I have not heard anything to support these claims. I've also heard about them being a phenomenal academic program with great research that is VERY busy. So I would love to hear straight from the (collective) horse's mouth on what the word is on NYEEI Ophtho? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! MS3 at Mt. Sinai, just finished 2 weeks at NYEEI. It's a VERY busy program, but it's NYC's safety net eye hospital so that's expected. I LOVED my time there, all of the residents seemed to enjoy what they were doing, the faculty are quite nice (as per NYC standards lol, and this is coming from a midwesterner), and you have a lot of autonomy. It's probably the MOST diverse place you can do an ophtho residency in the country, we were calling interpreters for languages from Spanish to Bangladeshi to Haitian Creole. DM me if you have more questions or want to be put in touch with one of the residents.