NYCOM class of 2007!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue_guitar9

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Come on people, every other school has this thread. Where's your school spirit? See you Aug. 11th.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't wait to meet all of my fellow NYCOMers! See you all soon. :clap:

Hey guys....
Did you guys find place to live? I really need housing information. I tried NYCOM webboard but it wasn't helpful. any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will actually be living at home down the road from the school...I lucked out.

I hear that finding housing now is becoming very difficult so you really better start looking if you want to find a decient place, not to far, and for a price you can handle.

I suggest looking into the Glen Cove/Sea Cliff area...those towns seem to have more available places at lower prices than others around here. Just to warn you...The cost of living in Nassau County is very high! We get taxed beyond belief!

hhheeeeeeyyyyy NYCOMERS!!!!!!!

lets keep this thread going because all other school have these 10 page threads, there's got to be more people going. lets introduce ourselves.

my name is susan. i am 24, married, wentto brooklyn college, will be living in brooklyn. anyone else?

Hey,

So my name's benjamin, I'm 22 , I'm an aquarius and I too dont know where I'm living yet. Can't wait to see you all at orientation. I'm actually going camping the weekend before, so you'll know its me when you meet the guy with a 3 day beard who smells like a campfire. Oh, and btw when do we get oreintation stuff mailed to us? what do we do for that week?

I hope that I'll joinn you guys, even though itll be during your sophmore year. I have a question for you guys. How was your sci gpa, MCAT score, and Major.

One more question. What is the difference btw going to an Osteopathic residency vs an Allopathy residency as a D.O. ???
Thanx guys, Id really appreciate your posts :) :clap: :love:

Another question. Does any one know for sure if NYCOM is going wireless, because if it is I'm getting a wireless connection for my laptop.

Dotally,
i think u should post a seperate thread topic on both questiojns. u will get more responses. i will def respond there re: mcat, gpa. re residencies, u are better of asking the second and third years. if u have already decided on nycom, i hope we can help u out through the app process. susan
p.s feel free to PM me w/any q's

well helllllooooooooo there...thought id add my 2 pennies to this thread...the name is josh and im 22 from mass....i actually received a letter today from nycom about some sort of 5 day trip around nycity for 400$. Anyone else get this or am I that damn special?

i got it too. kinda funny, 400 for pretty much walking around in places that are really cheap. it is a nice gesture. i am starting to count down the days b-4 we start. getting excited and anxious.susan

Hey guys! I'm Elaine, 22 and living in Manhasset, LI.

From what I understand NYCOM is either wireless already or will be very soon...everyone told me to get a wireless laptop.

I got that info. about the NY trip in the mail but I don't think that I will be attending...I think it's more for out-of-staters...gives those people a chance to experience NY.

Anyways...we should be getting orientation info. soon.

I can't wait to finally meet you guys...it'll be nice to get to know you all!

~Elaine

anyone knows when white coat ceremony is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

My name is Maria. I'm 23 and I live in Rockland County (upstate NY), was born and raised in the Bronx, and will soon to be moving to Glen Head.

I think that NYCOM is supposed to be fully wireless by this fall. It seems that these things always go past deadline, so I?m not holding my breath.

I'm a bit nervous, but really excited about starting and meeting everyone. Enjoy the rest of your summer and I'll see everyone in about 30 days :clap:

Maria

Hi! I'm Monica. I'm 24 years old. I grew up in Peru, moved to NJ when I was 18. Months later, I joined the Navy and moved to Norfolk, VA. I finished my undergrad in VA at ODU. And I'm excited about moving up from the dirty south (I'm 20 min away from NC) to the big bad North. I'll be moving to Hicksville in the next two weeks and I'll be meeting you guys on August 11th. I just got commisioned as an Ensign in the Navy , so I'm pretty excited. Any other HPSP first year students at NYCOM, feel free to PM me or e-mail me. Question: How far away is NYCOM from the beach? I have a medical condition, I can't live far away from the beach or I might die. ;)

I'll see you guys soon!:clap:

NYCOM is about 10 minutes from the north shore, which has some smaller beaches, and about 20 minutes from the south shore, which has some great beaches. Glen Cove is where many 1st years live and it has it's own beach, albeit kinda small I think. Hicksville is more in the mid-island area, so you're about 15 minutes from either the north or south shores and a 20 minute train ride to manhattan.

Regarding wireless internet, plan for it. It should be up and running within the next few months from what I heard.

I havent heard anything about the white coat ceremony. Although, I did hear a rumor that the "official" cloaking of the white coats wont happen until second year now with some commitment ceremony taking place in the beginning of first year or something. Dont know any details, just heard it from a friend in the hospital yesterday.

enjoy.

Hey fellow first years!!!

I'm Stephan, 23, from NJ and I did my undergrad at Colgate University......

Hope you guys like to party hard (and study hard of course)!!

Hello NYCOM, Class of 2007

Just want to congratulate ya'll and welcome you to the NYCOM family...

Will see ya'll in August!

Good luck!

Nelle

NYCOM, Class of 2006

hey ScheringPlough,

I know a few kids that graduated from colgate this year. I myself went to clarkson and I'd just like to say that your hockey team leaves alot to be desired...ok just kidding I dont even like hockey. I just felt obligated to say something. Anyway, I look foward to meeting you in august. Colgate kids are pretty cool, don't know how to drink though :)

Hey Blue_guitar9,

When I was at Colgate our hockey team was really good, but I could be wrong since I was hammered at all the games!! Don't sleep on Colgate grads, they can drink. Look forward to meeting you (and partying with, hopefully!!!) during orientation.

You guys seem to have a fun class so far. Congratulations to all of you and welcome to NYCOM.

To the Peruvian DO, you will not be alone. There are two peruvian 2nd years as well. Y'all are taking over :D

See everyone soon.

Wow! That's more Peruvians than the ones I've met in VA and I've lived here for 5 years! I hope those second-year Peruvians are not causing too much trouble at NYCOM DOnut. I guess I'll meet you all in August. Beware, two Peruvians, is OK but three? I hope NYCOM is ready for that.

im sure we can handle it......

ScheringPlough,
I was talking to one of the girls I know who went to colgate, who happens to be from NJ as well. I mentioned that someone from her school was going to be going to NYCOM with me and now were playing the "lets see how small this world is after all" game. So she was wondering what part of NJ you were from and if you had just graduated or if you did your masters.

Every one else,
Whats everyone doing this summer? I'm doing research at a lab located in the middle of nowhere. So needless to say I'm pretty bored most of the time, and Im actually looking forward to the social life I'll have once in med school. man i suck.

Is neone else from Stony coming to NYCOM?