NY DPT 2021-22 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gracelyv

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I didn't see a thread for NY schools yet, correct me if I'm wrong.

I applied to all the city schools (CSI, Downstate, NYU, Columbia, Hunter, Touro, and LIU BK) and have finished most of the interviews. Got an acceptance from Touro on 11/3. Has anyone else has heard back from Touro already? Or any other school?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you completed your interview with Hunter yet? I just got an invite this week and will have mine in 2 weeks time.

Yep, I had it on the 15th. Did the essay portion a few days before. The questions were pretty standard, like why PT, what do you think the challenges of the program will be, describe how you'd react in this situation, etc. They said it would be 3-4 weeks before they'd have the decision, but if I get other acceptances before then, I can reach out and let them know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied to Buffalo, Daeman or D’youville?

Hey everyone! I didn't see a thread for NY schools yet, correct me if I'm wrong.

I applied to all the city schools (CSI, Downstate, NYU, Columbia, Hunter, Touro, and LIU BK) and have finished most of the interviews. Got an acceptance from Touro on 11/3. Has anyone else has heard back from Touro already? Or any other schools
Hi! I did my interview with Touro on 11/4 and I still haven't heard back. How long did it take you to hear back from them?
Best of luck with everything and congrats on your acceptance :)

Thanks for making this thread! I applied to all of the same schools except for CSI (missed the deadline) and so far I was also accepted to Touro on November 3rd and yesterday got an email from Columbia for an interview. Have yet to hear back from the others so far.

Interviewed for Columbia DPT program but have decided I don’t like the program. Unfortunately it’s right in the middle of NYC which is very run down imo.

Hi! I did my interview with Touro on 11/4 and I still haven't heard back. How long did it take you to hear back from them?
Best of luck with everything and congrats on your acceptance :)

I heard back about 3.5 weeks after I submitted my Kira assessment. Thanks!

Thanks for making this thread! As far as NYC I applied to Hunter, NYU, LIU Bk and Mercy College. I also applied to Stony Brook, NYIT and New York Medical. I fortunately got interviews for all of them and now waiting for the responses. I got waitlisted by NYIT, but got into New York Medical and Hunter! Hunter only gives about a week to decide if I want to take the seat or not so that's where I'm scrambling now lol

** Edit: also got accepted by NYU and Stony Brook about 2 weeks after each interview.

Last edited:
Thanks for making this thread! As far as NYC I applied to Hunter, NYU, LIU Bk and Mercy College. I also applied to Stony Brook, NYIT and New York Medical. I fortunately got interviews for all of them and now waiting for the responses. I got waitlisted by NYIT, but got into New York Medical and Hunter! Hunter only gives about a week to decide if I want to take the seat or not so that's where I'm scrambling now lol
Congrats on your acceptances! When did you get your acceptance from Hunter? I interviewed 11/17.

Yep, I had it on the 15th. Did the essay portion a few days before. The questions were pretty standard, like why PT, what do you think the challenges of the program will be, describe how you'd react in this situation, etc. They said it would be 3-4 weeks before they'd have the decision, but if I get other acceptances before then, I can reach out and let them know.
Hi! Congrats on finishing your interview! How was the essay part? I’m super nervous since we only get 30 minutes to answer it!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here’s hoping for later this week!! Did you make any decisions yet? V happy for you!
I am really leaning towards Hunter because a doctorate degree at that cost is hard to come by these days lol but I’m still waiting for some responses from NYU, Mercy and Stony Brook so I’m waiting just a little bit longer before making a final decision. Good luck!! Im sure you’ll find out soon

Has anyone else heard back from Hunter? They mentioned that if I hadn’t heard back by the end of this week I can email them, so I plan to do that. 🤞

When did you apply and then when did you hear back from NYIT and NY medical?? Thanks

Has anyone else heard back from Hunter? They mentioned that if I hadn’t heard back by the end of this week I can email them, so I plan to do that. 🤞
Haven’t heard back yet. Interviewed about 2 weeks ago

When did you apply and then when did you hear back from NYIT and NY medical?? Thanks
I applied to NY medical on 8/29, interviewed on 10/22 and heard a response on 11/8.
I applied to NYIT on 8/29, interviewed on 11/3 and heard back on 11/11.
Hope this helps!

Has anyone interviewed with SUNY Upstate? I just got an interview invite but cannot find much about their interview process.

Has anyone interviewed with SUNY Upstate? I just got an interview invite but cannot find much about their interview process.
You would know more information about the interview process by signing into "My Upstate Information System"(in the invitation email). Also, they would send you a reminder.

You would know more information about the interview process by signing into "My Upstate Information System"(in the invitation email). Also, they would send you a reminder.
I was wondering like the questions asked etc. You don't have to be sassy about it I also already signed up for an interview sooooo...

I was wondering like the questions asked etc. You don't have to be sassy about it I also already signed up for an interview sooooo...
Tried to recall the questions. Nothing special. Why PT? Why Upstate? A challenge that you overcame?

Has anyone heard from SUNY Downstate yet? I've heard back from all NYC schools except them. I applied in September.

Also, any recent feedback from current or recent downstate grads? The program was not so good a few years ago and I'm assuming it has gotten better.

I applied to NYU, Columbia, and Touro and got interviews/acceptances into all of them.

Hang in there everyone! The waiting game is rough.

does anyone know how long stony brook does calls? and if you’re not accepted or on the waitlist when they would let you know and how?

Manhattan. I'm still waiting to hear back from other programs. Do you have any advice for student housing?
Cool. You got a lot of options since the campus is in Mid-Manhattan. Depends on your budget and personal preference. It shouldn't be hard to find a place to live (I think).

I applied to all the city schools (CSI, Downstate, NYU, Columbia, Hunter, Touro, and LIU BK) and have finished most of the interviews. Got an acceptance from Touro on 11/3. Has anyone else has heard back from Touro already? Or any other school?
I got an acceptance from touro a couple days ago. What do you think about the program? Also do you know any information about what students in programs in the city typically do for student housing?

Congrats! Are you going? Are they still calling?Then, I guess my rejection is on its way. lol.
yes im going! don’t say that!! I read a few old threads and people were posting even as late as april and may that they got accepted!

congrats, I got a call two days ago and got a seat in Southampton!
Congrats! Are you going? Are they still calling?Then, I guess my rejection is on its way. lol.
Thank you!! I also got a seat in Southamption but unfortunately I don't think I will be going. I live closer to the city so it would be a hike for me and I also got into Hunter so I think I'm gonna go there. Good luck though maybe you can have my seat haha

• Haha
I was just told main campus had a waitlist so getting a seat wasn’t a guarantee