Nursing schooln US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettymean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to get fellow posters' recommendations on which nursing school I should apply to. I am a Canadian, so the tuition rate has to be cheap for international students. Also, I need to know if US nursing schools recognize Filipino high school diplomas. I am looking at 2 year RN programs but 4 year is OK too.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Prettymean,

I am an international student from Jamaica and I am having a very hard time getting in the nursing program here in the States. I am finished with all my BSN prerequisites and was rejected by the university I am now attending. I am very frustrated because I have to be enrooled here at school full-time all the time and we as international students do not get financial Aid, we have to support ourselves through school. One cannot work off campus as an international student and yet it is hard to get a job on campus. The tuition is out of state unless you have gotten a scholarship. Fortunately, I have gotten a caribbean scholarship which allows me to pay in-state tuition. As for the best nursing schools you will have to surf the net for the Accredited nursing colleges. They all are expensive schools.

Damn! I hate terrorists! They have caused international students grief too in this country. Once we had a chance of getting scholarships now everyone is trying to avoid us. Oh my! I which I could teach those blood thirsty terrorist *****s a good lesson. Anyway, you can do your own research as to the nursing colleges here.

Good luck!

Julie

I can't speak for all states but in NC if you live here one year you are consider a resident. I have known people to do that so they can psy in state tuition.

What I did was attend a 2 year community college that after the first year we had to sit for our LPN boards. That gave me the ability to obtain work at a pretty decent wage to pay for the rest of schooling.

AxisNP