NSUCOM class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who have been pulled off of the waitlist, Congrats. Also, when did you interview? I was wondering if they pull you off in order of when you interviewed.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that they offer the spots to the applicants who they think will be the most successful students first....rather than in order of interviewing.

Members don't see this ad.

You definately want to call the school and ask about this--I am not sure. I DO know that when the program was designed, it was designed to be mandatory. I don't know where everyone got the information that it was optional, but I have been under the impression that it was going to be mandatory for the class of 2011 since I first heard of the program 18mos ago.

If anyone knows for sure about medstart being optional or mandatory...please let us know. I am just speculating and DON'T know for sure.
It is mandatory according to the Dr. Whitehead the Associate Dean.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those that were accepted.:thumbup:

whats is MEDSTART? I was accepted to NSU but haven't heard of that (I probably have, but just forgot :) )

I am a fourth year student from Nova, congrats to all starting off next year. I owned a condo in the area and am looking to sell. If you are interested I posted an ad on SDN or you can contact me. Thanks, and good luck.

I interviewed March 23rd. The committee is meeting today. I live local, and I joked with Rachel about dropping off cookies and she called my bluff. So now I go to make cookies....

Leave me a spot, all you waitlisters!

If anyone needs local info, please feel free to ask me. I am a born and raised native of the area.

I interviewed March 23rd. The committee is meeting today. I live local, and I joked with Rachel about dropping off cookies and she called my bluff. So now I go to make cookies....

Leave me a spot, all you waitlisters!

If anyone needs local info, please feel free to ask me. I am a born and raised native of the area.

how long after the comm. meets do we get the "call" from rachel?
same day or week after or ??

how long after the comm. meets do we get the "call" from rachel?
same day or week after or ??
They used to meet every other Friday. Now the scheme has changed, but they should be meeting today according to hilseb. If accepted the letter must be signed by the Dean and then the call is made the following day. Depending on when the Dean signs the letters, it could be tomorrow or Monday that you receive the call.

They used to meet every other Friday. Now the scheme has changed, but they should be meeting today according to hilseb. If accepted the letter must be signed by the Dean and then the call is made the following day. Depending on when the Dean signs the letters, it could be tomorrow or Monday that you receive the call.

Speaking of letters, how long after you got the call, HemaOnco, did you get your letter and acceptance package? I just got my webstar PIN today, but still no offical letter, just curious.

Speaking of letters, how long after you got the call, HemaOnco, did you get your letter and acceptance package? I just got my webstar PIN today, but still no offical letter, just curious.
I got the call October 16th, the package was postmarked October 19th, and I received it shortly afterwards. So, for me, less than a week. I believe they would send them in batches though.

Members don't see this ad :)
And Rachel liked the cookies! I doubt that made any impact on the committee meeting, but Rachel helped me out, and she deserves them.

She said hopefully she would let me know by the end of the week. I hope it's not just wait list spots (or alternate, I haven't quite figured out which one is better!) and some actual invite spots are available. She did say today there were "a few spaces left in the class. but not much".

And Rachel liked the cookies! I doubt that made any impact on the committee meeting, but Rachel helped me out, and she deserves them.

She said hopefully she would let me know by the end of the week. I hope it's not just wait list spots (or alternate, I haven't quite figured out which one is better!) and some actual invite spots are available. She did say today there were "a few spaces left in the class. but not much".

Thanks for the update hilseb! and good luck to you by the way. :luck:

when did you interview?

Just topping this to see if anyone has heard back from NSU yesterday or today. Im curious to see if Rachel has called yet.

Does anyone know when the committee is meeting next and how many people are on the waitlist?

Thanks for the well wishes. I interviewed March 23rd, and got my call today!

See the rest of the class this July / August. I am a local, and can help with any questions about the area. I am clueless about what medical school is like, so I will be leaning on others here for that.:D

See the rest of the class this July / August. I am a local, and can help with any questions about the area. I am clueless about what medical school is like, so I will be leaning on others here for that.:D

Congrats!! Glad to hear they are still giving out acceptances for the March interviews! Now get your nsu id and email and come on and join us on facebook hehe! :love:

Congrats hilseb :thumbup: . Maybe I better start baking some cookies.

congrats, welcome to the rest of your life :)

That's what I told the admin counselor, Rachel. I said "You just made the rest of my life!"

It is the only place I interviewed this time around.

BTW, the cookies never made it to the admin committee, just the office. But Rachel and crew totally deserve them.

congrats, welcome to the rest of your life :)

Congrats hiles! The cookies must have been really good :) I interviewed 2 weeks before you and still have not heard anything from NSU :(

Can you give me that recipe? :laugh:

See now I am real confused because the optional summer classes you can sign up for are also called Medstart....
There's Medstart and Medstart electives. Medstart proper is what the schedule says, while the electives are online courses that start in May. It's at your own pace and reviews the basics of anatomy/physiology, biochemistry, and medical terminology, depending on what you signed up for.

Anyone hear anything from rachel today? Curious to see if the admcoms met yesterday

I think they're on Spring Break this week. Am I wrong?

Hello, I interviewed at NSU on 3/19 and I'm still waiting to hear back, but today I received a notice having confidential information with regards to WebSTAR and my NSU E-mail Account. What do you make of this?

The form says that the notice does not imply admittance to NSU, but why would the registrar send me this information before I even hear back a decision?

There is a line for the WebSTAR PIN with a number, and an NSU Email Address line that is blank. Any ideas are appreciated.

I really liked Nova and I am currently on the waitlist.. Do you think my chances of getting off good? sorry if this seems like a silly question. I interviewed on 3/5. thanks and have a good weekend!

Hello, I interviewed at NSU on 3/19 and I'm still waiting to hear back, but today I received a notice having confidential information with regards to WebSTAR and my NSU E-mail Account. What do you make of this?

The form says that the notice does not imply admittance to NSU, but why would the registrar send me this information before I even hear back a decision?

There is a line for the WebSTAR PIN with a number, and an NSU Email Address line that is blank. Any ideas are appreciated.

Well, it's not a bad sign. Not sure you can do very much without the NSU email though.

I really liked Nova and I am currently on the waitlist.. Do you think my chances of getting off good? sorry if this seems like a silly question. I interviewed on 3/5. thanks and have a good weekend!

Not aware of how much movement has occurred on the waitlist, but I know of a handful of students who have been accepted off the waitlist already. Best of luck!

anyone recieve any financial aid stuff from NSU yet?

I haven't even gotten my packet yet. I did fill out and "sign" the FAFSA, and I printed out the authorization form. I didn't want to fax anything else unless I got the packet. They won't even give me an email!

I'm beginng to wonder about the administrative side of Nova. I have not received my packet now after almost two weeks after being accepted. Also, I never received my interview packet until after I got home from the interview. So, I ask you: what is the deal here? Do these people totally suck at there job or do they not care? Is it the mail system? I called Rachel who agreed to send me yet another packet.
Also, I applied for the national health services scholarship and due to a late acceptance had an impending deadline March 30. I called Nova they said they would handle it and mail out my paperwork required. They mailed the paperwork to me instead of NHSC and I missed the deadline. Has anybody else had any of this happen to them.
Now I have decided to call every single day to check about the financial aid and packet and housing and whatever just because I am overly concerned about oversight, delays, etc...

I'm beginng to wonder about the administrative side of Nova. I have not received my packet now after almost two weeks after being accepted. Also, I never received my interview packet until after I got home from the interview. So, I ask you: what is the deal here? Do these people totally suck at there job or do they not care? Is it the mail system? I called Rachel who agreed to send me yet another packet.
Also, I applied for the national health services scholarship and due to a late acceptance had an impending deadline March 30. I called Nova they said they would handle it and mail out my paperwork required. They mailed the paperwork to me instead of NHSC and I missed the deadline. Has anybody else had any of this happen to them.
Now I have decided to call every single day to check about the financial aid and packet and housing and whatever just because I am overly concerned about oversight, delays, etc...
I have to admit that the admin is slow with getting things out. It's good that you're being vigilant and calling them about late items. Be sure to check out the list of "things you need to do" in the Facebook Group discussion board. If you haven't joined, I'll give you the brief lowdown:

1) Set up your email and get your webstar pin. You may have to call.
2) Fin Aid - File your FAFSA if you haven't already, Fill out the NSU Authorization for found on webstar. Grad Plus Loans is a different process, but you shouldn't fill out the forms until the end of April.
3) Housing - The website has all you need. Graduate student housing applications start tomorrow I believe. Information is available through the NSUCOM website.

That's what you should be concerned about right now.

If you got questions, ask. Hope this helps.

They tried to deliver the packet when I was gone on Friday, and I picked it up from the post office today. Hooray! I was starting to doubt that I had talked to Rachel. Now I am filling out paperwork and I need to send in the deposit. Maybe then they will give me my &*%$^@@ email account!

They tried to deliver the packet when I was gone on Friday, and I picked it up from the post office today. Hooray! I was starting to doubt that I had talked to Rachel. Now I am filling out paperwork and I need to send in the deposit. Maybe then they will give me my &*%$^@@ email account!

You have to pay your deposit to get your email, thats all, I have had mine for a couple of weeks and still no acceptance packet. My WebStar says my financial aid items are complete, but still no Fin Aid packet either. Grrr!

And nothing from the post office, ie missed letter notice or anything.

You have to pay your deposit to get your email, thats all, I have had mine for a couple of weeks and still no acceptance packet. My WebStar says my financial aid items are complete, but still no Fin Aid packet either. Grrr!

And nothing from the post office, ie missed letter notice or anything.
No one has their financial aid packet.

Welcome Class of 2011!

Congratulations to the newly admitted students! For your information, I started a Facebook NSUCOM Class of 2011 group as a networking tool to find roommates, provide and share information, and to use as a general icebreaker. Also, it is a great opportunity for incoming students to talk about issues concerning the budget, financial aid, orientation, housing, activities in the area, etc. Feel free to post in the discussion group, add pictures, message one another, and what not. There is a great deal of information on the site to peruse through. There are also OMSI and OMSII advisors available to answer your questions. I hope that it is helpful.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2227950027

For those who have already added themselves to the group, thank you very much for contributing to the site. Though we haven't started school yet, I can see that this is going to be a very cohesive class.

Hope to hear from some more of you soon. Thanks!

Take care and see you all soon.

Hey guys I just got a call from Rachel and I am off the waitlist!!! I am so excited and so happy! Good Luck to the rest of you still waiting!!!:)

Hey guys I just got a call from Rachel and I am off the waitlist!!! I am so excited and so happy! Good Luck to the rest of you still waiting!!!:)

Awesome! Congratulations!!! Make sure that you join the Class of 2011 Facebook group! I think there's a link around here somewhere...

You guys are the best! Thanks for all the support!