NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I completed my app at the end of march. Applied w dat scores and nothing yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too. I completed mine during the last week of march. I didn't know about this program until march. I just called and they said that mine is still under review & that others are as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people apply to this program? I can't find any stats anywhere on the web.

this was an email from the admissions counselor

"We receive a few hundred applications and there are 18 spots for the Medical track. Every applicant is considered and the Committee on Admissions reviews all files thoroughly in order to make a decision."

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how long they take after the interview to tell you if you have been accepted or not ?

does anyone know how long they take after the interview to tell you if you have been accepted or not ?

I heard up until August guys. It's still a long road of waiting.

They interview all who were invited before sending out any acceptances. In previous years acceptances went out starting mid to late May.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you have some tips for the interview??:idea: ...what kind of questions do they ask ?? Thanks in advance...:=|:-):

I just found out about these masters programs. I know that Barry and LECOM have programs. What is everyone else's back up plan? I'm so worried

hey, a lot of schools have programs , these are post bachelor programs for people that want to do MD afterwards , here's the link, just fill out the info is asking depending on your interests , and it will show you all the post bach programs in that area and what they offer

https://services.aamc.org/postbac/

I just found out about these masters programs. I know that Barry and LECOM have programs. What is everyone else's back up plan? I'm so worried

There is also one at Florida Atlantic University way cheaper, it is about 9k for tuitition. You can check out the post bacs thread , just go over the posts and you will find out more about.
I got accepted in Barry, but was hoping to hear back from Nova

There is also one at Florida Atlantic University way cheaper, it is about 9k for tuitition. You can check out the post bacs thread , just go over the posts and you will find out more about.
I got accepted in Barry, but was hoping to hear back from Nova
Wow really Congrats just applied to barry sending everything in soon I am worried not being accepted to anything :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a disadvantage to interviewing late vs early? afraid it will affect my chances if i interview late

Does anyone know if there is a disadvantage to interviewing late vs early? afraid it will affect my chances if i interview late
I read in a previous post that it makes no difference since they wait for everyone to interview before they start sending out acceptances, but I guess we really have no way of knowing how it goes down behind the scenes. I think that as long as you have an interview it means they are interested, now you just have to shine in the interview :) Good Luck!

Anyone hear about any interview invites today? Seems like the past 2 Tuesdays people got invites. Congrats to everyone with invites & thanks for the links. I'm working on applying to other programs. I was out of town this wkend in an area with horrific internet connection. I wish I knew about these programs sooner.

Hey guys! Congrats to those who are applying. I am retracting my application because moving to Florida given my current living situation is unrealistic. I will be applying for this upcoming cycle for the 2016 entering class! If accepted, I plan to do the DMD/DO dual degree. I had a 17AA (DAT) and currently have a 3.67 GPA (will be a 3.7 GPA upon graduating). I think I am either going to attend the PCOMs masters program down the street from me or take a year off, get more shadowing/dental volunteering experience, and work on getting my DAT much higher while I save up some cash for the upcoming expenses I will incure with this upcoming Dental Application cycle. Good luck to everyone!!!

Anyone know if there's more interview dates after 4/29? Or is 29th the last date interviews are being held? I'm having a hard time reaching Ms. Medina (the admissions counsellor), and still under review

I saw dates for May 4, 6, and 8. I believe my app was complete in mid February and I have mid GPA and relatively high DAT with a perfect reading comp score.

I saw dates for May 4, 6, and 8. I believe my app was complete in mid February and I have mid GPA and relatively high DAT with a perfect reading comp score.
Thanks for that info!! I was going crazy thinking 29th was the last interview date.
I guess those who were complete from mid feb through apr 15 are still waiting on II

Thanks for that info!! I was going crazy thinking 29th was the last interview date.
I guess those who were complete from mid feb through apr 15 are still waiting on II

From what I've read, people with March completion dates have received interview invites as well. Earlier has proven to be much better, at least in the past.

From what I've read, people with March completion dates have received interview invites as well. Earlier has proven to be much better, at least in the past.
Really? That's interesting. I was hoping they were still pending IIs to march completion. Guess it's a waiting game.

Hey guys ! Still haven't heard back and I applied around March 20th. Anyone in the same boat ?

I applied early Feb and haven't heard anything. So starting to lose hope about this program.

Hey guys ! Still haven't heard back and I applied around March 20th. Anyone in the same boat ?
I am! I was completed couple days after yours. Still haven't heard anything. I've been calling the main line everyday, and until today I've been told I'm under review. But today they said "Under review pending decision". They weren't able to say what that meant.

Does anyone know how many spots are available for dental? and when we should relatively be getting an answer?

Does anyone know how many spots are available for dental? and when we should relatively be getting an answer?

Believe there are usually 6 or 7 spots for dental. Interview invites are usually out by now, might still be going through the rest of the week. Once you interview acceptances usually go out mid to late May.

Can anyone that has already interviewed shared their experience on here? What was the interview day like? What types of questions during the interview?

I received an invite thursday morning Med track. Im interviewing May 6 and May 11th was also open.

Congrats!! When did u apply ? Just wanted to know roughly where the admissions committee is at in the process of looking at applications !

Congrats!! When did u apply ? Just wanted to know roughly where the admissions committee is at in the process of looking at applications !
I heard there will be no more interview invites as of 4/24.

I heard there will be no more interview invites as of 4/24.
Just out of curiosity, where did you hear this from? The main admissions line wouldn't tell me anything more than "under review pending decision", and I haven't gotten a reply to my voicemails or emails from the admissions counsellor.... Is there any other contact person I'm missing?

DarkPixie's comment above, and previous years' threads suggest that interview invites are usually done by now.

Thank you :) I submitted my app Feb 02 but was complete first week of March. Stats: decent GPA low MCAT. Good luck guys!

I just called the school today they are still reviewing applications for interviews :) And they said our acceptances and interviews and not based on rolling admissions!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah please don't take my word as the end all be all, I'm just mentioning how it worked the past couple years.

Mine is also still under review. After reviewing previous years posts, this year's process is different. They are definitely behind schedule in comparison to previous years. So I suggest not to loose hope. At least that's what I'm doing.

Reactions: 3 users