NSU Master of Biomedical science 2020 Fall & Winter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentafloss20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone apply to the MBS program still waiting to hear back or accepted/rejected. I saw an old thread so decided to create a new one for 2020 here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone apply to the MBS program still waiting to hear back or accepted/rejected. I saw an old thread so decided to create a new one for 2020 here.
I applied For the fall! Still waiting on a decision though. Have you heard any updates to your app?

I applied For the fall! Still waiting on a decision though. Have you heard any updates to your app?
I applied for Fall as well. I haven’t had any update as of yet; still waiting. From the looks of the threads they haven’t responded to anyone’s app regarding decisions for a few weeks now. I wonder what could be the hold up?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m going to be apply for the winter term once they open up. Any tips? I’m pre-dental

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

If you are attending in the Fall,
There’s a FB group to join to stay connected, search “ NSU Masters in Biomedical Sciences 2020”

when is the deadline to apply its hard to locate on the website

when is the deadline to apply its hard to locate on the website
NOVA e-mailed me saying that the application deadline for fall admission is August 1st (seems a bit late compared to most programs)

did anyone hear back yet? If so how long did it take for them to get back to you and was it through email or the portal?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys know if the class is full for the MBS program? I'm still waiting and not sure if my status of rejected or accepted will show up on my portal? Is anyone else waiting?

Do you guys know if the class is full for the MBS program? I'm still waiting and not sure if my status of rejected or accepted will show up on my portal? Is anyone else waiting?

i am still waiting as well...its been a while

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted but I’m having trouble deciding between their program and USF MSP3 program

I got accepted but I’m having trouble deciding between their program and USF MSP3 program
Hi could you just tell me when you applied and how were you notified of your acceptance? Also if there is any possible way to find out how many seats are left thank you !!!

I applied during May and I got this email on June 17th. It looks like they’re still looking at applications. Hopefully we all hear back soon with good news!
BE6D8E26-BD6A-4167-8DE8-6425F9873FCF.jpeg

Today Nikki stated any applications still under review will be held until August 1st. That’s when they’re sending out the next round of decisions

I also applied to Nova in early June!!! Still waiting to hear back from them. I haven't received any emails or phone calls regarding my application yet, unfortunately. It has me worried coz I have to respond to several other schools before then so not too entirely sure on what to do!! :/

Did you have to interview ? And how quick after you applied did you find out you got in ?
as far as i know, there isn't an interview to get in. and the call back is variable on the applicant. some people its been about 1 week, some its been 10 days or more. i had a friend who got in 10 days after he submitted his but he submitted his a couple days after i did and he still heard back first so i have no idea how they are deciding! fingers crossed i hear back soon though lol and they notify you via phone call is what i have been hearing, as well.

as far as i know, there isn't an interview to get in. and the call back is variable on the applicant. some people its been about 1 week, some its been 10 days or more. i had a friend who got in 10 days after he submitted his but he submitted his a couple days after i did and he still heard back first so i have no idea how they are deciding! fingers crossed i hear back soon though lol and they notify you via phone call is what i have been hearing, as well.
I’ve been waiting since April 15th along with about 7 others here on SDN

I’ve been waiting since April 15th along with about 7 others here on SDN
:/ yeah that's what ive been hearing too. i got that email just now about my application still being under review. i called nikki and she said its like a waitlist. i think she had said theres only 80 seats total for the mbs program and there are still some open.

Last edited:
Do you mind providing the link? I can't seem to find it :(!
Hey! We have an official group. If you were accepted, email Nikki she will send you the link. Btw, congratulations!!! Hope to meet you through Zoom - we have a private group as well. Let me know and we can add you after you’ve joined the group.

I also Applied in April and got the same email. Hopefully good news soon.

Hey! We have an official group. If you were accepted, email Nikki she will send you the link. Btw, congratulations!!! Hope to meet you through Zoom - we have a private group as well. Let me know and we can add you after you’ve joined the group.

I was wondering if the classes are going to be opted to take online vs in classroom. I’m applying from out of state.

Does anyone know if It is less competitive when someone applies for the Winter (January) term vs the Fall (August) term

When will they send the remainder of the decisions? Another program i am interested in, begins Aug 3..

Does anyone know if It is less competitive when someone applies for the Winter (January) term vs the Fall (August) term
I’m sure winter is less competitive

When will they send the remainder of the decisions? Another program i am interested in, begins Aug 3..
August 1st is when the last possible decisions will come out of either A, waitlisted, or R.
Some may receive notification before then.
If your program starts/has a deadline before then think long & hard about if you wanna risk waiting on an answer from Nova

Hi everyone! just wanted to provide an update. i got an email from nikki basically saying thank you for my interest in the program and that the committee on admissions is currently in the process of reviewing my application and other candidates at this time. It said that i will be notified by mail and by email once a decision has been made.

i basically got the exactly email but in letter form. when i checked my mail i thought it was either a rejection or an acceptance letter but instead it was just a copy of the email lol. hoping we all hear back soon! :D

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure it is online due to covid but do they always offer an online program? I just applied to dental school but am interested if I don't get accepted. I am in North Dakota and not really planning on moving anywhere unless it is for dental school.

I'm sure it is online due to covid but do they always offer an online program? I just applied to dental school but am interested if I don't get accepted. I am in North Dakota and not really planning on moving anywhere unless it is for dental school.
No it isn’t offered online with the exception of Fall due to Covid-19. And as I’m sure you’ve seen in the news Florida is particularly stubborn about doing anything online including school despite the uptick in cases. According to the woman in admissions they’re “hoping to be fully on campus by Spring semester.”

No it isn’t offered online with the exception of Fall due to Covid-19. And as I’m sure you’ve seen in the news Florida is particularly stubborn about doing anything online including school despite the uptick in cases. According to the woman in admissions they’re “hoping to be fully on campus by Spring semester.”
haha glad I'm about as far away as I can get from there for the time being. Although I applied to their dental school so I'd be more then happy to attend the program in spite of everything.

Hey guys, new to SDN and just applied to the program on Thursday as I was waiting to finish my organic 2 class. I submitted the essays and self-report form and sent out the rec letter links and one is done the other is working on it. What are the odds that I get in for the fall term? Also does anyone know if one doesn’t get in the fall will they be waitlist for the winter?

Hey guys, new to SDN and just applied to the program on Thursday as I was waiting to finish my organic 2 class. I submitted the essays and self-report form and sent out the rec letter links and one is done the other is working on it. What are the odds that I get in for the fall term? Also does anyone know if one doesn’t get in the fall will they be waitlist for the winter?
Honestly don’t know if there’s any spots left for Fall but it’s worth the try. You have to apply separately for Winter

Applied on the 26th of July and got a call on the 28th saying my application was being pushed for review. I emailed Nikki about it and she said the “deadline for the fall is August 1st. The Winter application does not open until late August.”

Also does anyone know if accepted for the fall when the actual start date is? Same thing for winter if they know?

Best of luck to those of y’all still waiting.
I took an amazing offer on a scholarship elsewhere. I hope they don’t do this in the winter or any other time. I know how pissed off I was waiting for 9 weeks & seeing people accepted within a week.
Still no word on an acceptance or denial, but it doesn’t matter because I have a better offer.
Can’t wait to see us in our white coats!

Reactions: 2 users
Best of luck to those of y’all still waiting.
I took an amazing offer on a scholarship elsewhere. I hope they don’t do this in the winter or any other time. I know how pissed off I was waiting for 9 weeks & seeing people accepted within a week.
Still no word on an acceptance or denial, but it doesn’t matter because I have a better offer.
Can’t wait to see us in our white coats!
Congrats on your better offer!!! I applied May 4, got an email on June 17 like most people on here, and haven't heard anything since. My question is, have they reject anybody or everybody is still waiting?

Congrats on your better offer!!! I applied May 4, got an email on June 17 like most people on here, and haven't heard anything since. My question is, have they reject anybody or everybody is still waiting?
They said they did, I guess if you didn’t get an R you’re still “under review.”

They said they did, I guess if you didn’t get an R you’re still “under review.”
Thank you, I feel much better that they actually reject people and not just letting us waiting. Then I still have a chance, its just so stressful.

The admission counselor just told me all of the applicants will be notified by the end of next week with the final status. Don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing considering most of the seats are filled but hopefully we get good news

The admission counselor just told me all of the applicants will be notified by the end of next week with the final status. Don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing considering most of the seats are filled but hopefully we get good news
I hope we all get in =) but if I don't get in, I guess I just have to keep on trying, never give up.

Applied on the 26th of July and got a call on the 28th saying my application was being pushed for review. I emailed Nikki about it and she said the “deadline for the fall is August 1st. The Winter application does not open until late August.”

Also does anyone know if accepted for the fall when the actual start date is? Same thing for winter if they know?

Good luck!

Start date for fall is August 17th
Spring is January 4th

Reactions: 1 users
When I spoke with her she said some applications could be held all the way up until the first day of class August 17 for decisions

Hello,
I applied in a June and received the email that my application was under review. I just called today and spoke with a counselor and she told me that they are still considering applications and that there was technically no date in which they would stop looking at apps. I don’t know if that’s true or not but figured I’d give an update.