NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes Nikki told me on Wednesday that decisions will definitely be by the end of this week. So here we are DECISION DAY :xf:

Whhhhattt? I just finished my first week in a diff program and they still “deciding”!? This is crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Whhhhattt? I just finished my first week in a diff program and they still “deciding”!? This is crazy.
Just finished my first week too! Lol good luck to those still waiting lmao

Reactions: 1 users
Officially got the waitlist email. Smh

Just finished my first week too! Lol good luck to those still waiting lmao

I finished my first month! I have nothing but positive things to say about these kinds of programs after looking back,I really wish everyone here gets the news they want

• Love
I finished my first month! I have nothing but positive things to say about these kinds of programs after looking back,I really wish everyone here gets the news they want

Month?! Which program is this?

Same here, got a waitlist email smh. The waiting game continues :smack:

I checked my email after I posted, but I got a waitlist email, sent an email back asking to be removed, hope it goes to one of y’all!

I’m doing LECOM-B’s MMS program which started officially on July 6th
Good luck! LECOM-B was a choice of mine too...I liked their program as well but Nova is closer to home and my top choice.

I spoke to Nikki earlier and she basically said if you don’t hear a response on Monday then you’re rejected since the seats are full :/ I was thinking of applying for winter term but the way this program handled things, the stress isn’t worth it to me

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all, just finished the NSU MBS zoom open house. Here are the notes I jotted down. Feel free to expand upon these. There’s another Zoom open house this upcoming Wednesday, 4/22.

Key takeaways:
  1. This is a revamped program; now it has no guaranteed bridge into NSU grad programs, unlike the past MBS
  2. Performance guarantees interviews at NSU graduate program (see #6)
  3. Guaranteed interviews will take place after the fall semester
  4. AA program accepting up to 10 MBS students for interviews, but MD program not limiting the number of interviews for achieving MBS students
  5. NOT affiliated with NSU’s DO school (NSU DO postbacc certificate has different teachers; however, students encouraged to also apply to both NSU’s DO and MD programs while in the MBS)
  6. As long as you meet the academic requirements for each individual program, performance guarantees interviews at most NSU HPD graduate programs. Therefore, can simultaneously apply to and interview for NSU’s PA, AA, MD, Dental programs, etc… I say “most” programs because it looks like there’s no interview agreement with NSU’s DO program
  7. No formal shadowing component, but possible to shadow depending on whom program director can connect you with
  8. Most courses will be just MBS students enrolled, but if you take a business elective, then you will be with business students. Unique agreement with Dental program for top pre-dental MBS students to take Spring classes with dental students (sorry, I zoned out during this explanation, so perhaps someone else can clarify this point)
  9. Class schedule: every day, mostly at night, mostly online; program is "catered" to learning style, so there are options to attend morning in-person classes
  10. Histology is the only mandatory course with a lab component
  11. Seat deposit is due 2 weeks after acceptance
  12. Class size = 70 full-time students
  13. Unique curriculum: mandatory Kaplan prep course, mandatory professional/interview skills course

Covid impact: as of 4/18/20, the plan is to proceed as if the pandemic will not impact in-person registration and academic advisory meeting. However, program can be moved online since most classes already have online component.
  • registration, academic advisory: August 10 (tentative)
  • first day of classes: August 17 (tentative)
  • each student will be set up with MD advisor

For the those who are pre-med, in order to get an interview for NSU’s MD program, you need 3.0 pre-program GPA, 3.5 MBS GPA, and a 503 MCAT.
Hi I just got accepted to this program but I wasn’t able to attend the virtual house. When you say Kaplan prep course, do you mean Kaplan’s prep course for the mcat or just any in general? Did they say if that was included in tuition or not? And also, 3.0 overall average pre program gpa right not just science? Thanks in advance!

Hi I just got accepted to this program but I wasn’t able to attend the virtual house. When you say Kaplan prep course, do you mean Kaplan’s prep course for the mcat or just any in general? Did they say if that was included in tuition or not? And also, 3.0 overall average pre program gpa right not just science? Thanks in advance!

I'm not in the program, but if I remember correctly, the Kaplan course is part of the tuition fee and the 3.0 GPA is cumulative, not science GPA. Can any current students confirm or correct?

Reactions: 1 user