NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queen1212

everything is impossible until is done...
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don’t see one so I thought it would be nice to create one.
Last year post : NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2018

Application Submitted: 01/03/2019
Transcript Sent: 01/2/2019
Marked Complete:01/09/1019
Completion email/phone call: 1/9/19 at 12:58 PM (phone call)
Interview Notification (email/call):

Best of luck to everyone !!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you know the curriculum for this by any chance? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I am currently in the program. If you have any questions, please send me a private message and I'd be more than happy to answer them for you! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I am currently in the program. If you have any questions, please send me a private message and I'd be more than happy to answer them for you! :)

What they are looking for this year?

What they are looking for this year?

Strong candidates. Those that show passion and are going to work hard. It’s not an easy curriculum, so they want people whom they know are going to succeed.

Anyone by any chance know what the accepted MCAT scores are like?

Strong candidates. Those that show passion and are going to work hard. It’s not an easy curriculum, so they want people whom they know are going to succeed.
Thank you!

Hi! I just sent in my application today! I'm still waiting on my transcripts to be received. Good luck to everyone!
I am also new to SDN, glad to have found a supportive place to discuss this application process!

Edit 1/25/19: just got the call that my application is complete!

Last edited:
Hi! I just sent in my application today! I'm still waiting on my transcripts to be received. Good luck to everyone!
I am also new to SDN, glad to have found a supportive place to discuss this application process! :)

Welcome and good luck to you as well. Are you med or dental track?

I read on NSU’s website that if we also applied to their DO school this cycle, they can use the same rec letters for the masters program. Does anyone know if they automatically check them off as complete, or do we need to call and tell them to use the same letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
I read on NSU’s website that if we also applied to their DO school this cycle, they can use the same rec letters for the masters program. Does anyone know if they automatically check them off as complete, or do we need to call and tell them to use the same letters?

They will automatically pull the letters from the application.

Hi! Do you have any idea what the average GPA/MCAT is for a strong candidate? Also, do you know when they will start interviewing? Sorry for all of the questions, its a stressful time lol

Hi! Do you have any idea what the average GPA/MCAT is for a strong candidate? Also, do you know when they will start interviewing? Sorry for all of the questions, its a stressful time lol
Sorry I don’t! :( but be patient because it takes time. I don’t think I got a call to interview until late March or April.

Hey y'all. So I am currently in an MBS program but I am so not happy. This school has screwed us over time and time again. They're changed the grading scale and took away our guaranteed interview slots the day before classes started. I am in a two-year MBS program and I want to do NSU's MBS program. What do you think the chances will be of getting into the program? I only have four classes under my belt in which I got two C's, and two B's. I dont mind retaking the classes I got C's in, as long as its in a different program lol.. also, I went to NSU's undergrad and majored in Bio and minored in Exercise Science GRE: 284 with 3.5 in Writing. 2.9 uGPA. 2.5 gGPA (cause of the two C's), MCAT: below 500

Hey y'all. So I am currently in an MBS program but I am so not happy. This school has screwed us over time and time again. They're changed the grading scale and took away our guaranteed interview slots the day before classes started. I am in a two-year MBS program and I want to do NSU's MBS program. What do you think the chances will be of getting into the program? I only have four classes under my belt in which I got two C's, and two B's. I dont mind retaking the classes I got C's in, as long as its in a different program lol.. also, I went to NSU's undergrad and majored in Bio and minored in Exercise Science GRE: 284 with 3.5 in Writing. 2.9 uGPA. 2.5 gGPA (cause of the two C's), MCAT: below 500

Which school? Please let us know so we can also avoid them... thanks!

As far as NSU, I would contact them and talk to the department that handles the NSU MBS program, I believe Health Science ... (?) When you call they will direct you.

Which school? Please let us know so we can also avoid them... thanks!

As far as NSU, I would contact them and talk to the department that handles the NSU MBS program, I believe Health Science ... (?) When you call they will direct you.
Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va! DO NOT GO HERE. The medical school does not like the MBS program!

Reactions: 1 users
I am sorry that that is happening to you. To have a better idea of their requirements, you can check their website. It’s very detailed and clear. Also, the people at NSU are very nice and willing to help, perhaps you can give them a call and ask this question.

Hey guys!
I submitted my application early January (supplementary items and all) and I received an email that my application was forwarded to the programs office for review. I’ve been trying to get ahold of the office to see the status of my application. I’ve sent an email and called and left a voice mail. Has anyone else been having an issue trying to find out the status of their application ?

Hey guys!
I submitted my application early January (supplementary items and all) and I received an email that my application was forwarded to the programs office for review. I’ve been trying to get ahold of the office to see the status of my application. I’ve sent an email and called and left a voice mail. Has anyone else been having an issue trying to find out the status of their application ?

The status of your application is like the email said: Under review. You can go online where you submitted the application and check if there is any other updates but if your application is complete and ready for review don’t expect any news until later March/beginning April that’s when they start calling for interviews according to previous threads.

The status of your application is like the email said: Under review. You can go online where you submitted the application and check if there is any other updates but if your application is complete and ready for review don’t expect any news until later March/beginning April that’s when they start calling for interviews according to previous threads.

I wasn’t too sure if that was the case. That makes more sense now. Thank you for clarifying !

Anyone by any chance know what the accepted MCAT scores are like?
I'm a current MBS student and my MCAT was under 500... but theres also people in my class with MCAT scores 508-510, so it's super variable. I wouldn't say there is any minimum as long as the other aspects of your application balance it out.

Does anyone what is minimum for DAT?

Does anyone what is minimum for DAT?
Hi, I don’t think they have a minimum but like the post above said I figured that it needs to have a balance with other stats

Hello. Why is NSU's masters program so often talked about compared to any other school's masters program? is there something I'm missing? Does this program have higher acceptance rates to professional (Dental/medical) schools?

Hello. Why is NSU's masters program so often talked about compared to any other school's masters program? is there something I'm missing? Does this program have higher acceptance rates to professional (Dental/medical) schools?

Hello! From what I’ve been reading in last years thread and on their website, NSU has direct admittance to the medical school if you maintain a “B” or higher (I assume the same applies to dental school). Also, it seems you wouldn’t have to retake the MCAT/DAT if accepted into the program.

Hello! From what I’ve been reading in last years thread and on their website, NSU has direct admittance to the medical school if you maintain a “B” or higher (I assume the same applies to dental school). Also, it seems you wouldn’t have to retake the MCAT/DAT if accepted into the program.
Yes, this is true! As long as you get an 80% in all the first year courses, you matriculate into the DO school the next year and do not have to retake your MCAT. That is the big difference between NSU MBS program and most other schools. Also, your seat is saved for you... if there are 35 people in the MBS class, then all 35 have their seat saved in the incoming DO class. You're not competing against each other, and that really helps facilitate an awesome learning environment where everyone tries to help each other out and make sure we're all doing well.

However, if you fall below an 80% in any class you have to do a second year of the program and then get into the DO school after that, which isn't bad since you still get into the school. If you get more than 7 credits of C's (below 80) during any semester then you are dismissed from the program. I'm 99% sure it's the same way for the dentals as well.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
has anyone called in recently to check their status?

I haven’t but they called me when my application was completed and they told me that it was going to be sent for review. I am not expecting another status change until the end of March. Did they called you or sent you an email?

I haven’t but they called me when my application was completed and they told me that it was going to be sent for review. I am not expecting another status change until the end of March. Did they called you or sent you an email?
I received an email first when I submitted my application and received a completion call a week later. The lady on the phone told me that my application would be submitted for review and that I should hear back in a couple of weeks. It's been a month and still on the waiting game. I guess they start reviewing heavily in March for this program specifically.

I received an email first when I submitted my application and received a completion call a week later. The lady on the phone told me that my application would be submitted for review and that I should hear back in a couple of weeks. It's been a month and still on the waiting game. I guess they start reviewing heavily in March for this program specifically.

End of March / beginning of April according previous threats.

Hi,
Does anyone know if one recommendation letter from a physician supervisor and one from a science professor would be sufficient for my application to be sent for a review?? Thank you

Hi,
Does anyone know if one recommendation letter from a physician supervisor and one from a science professor would be sufficient for my application to be sent for a review?? Thank you

You only need 2 letters. In my opinion, you should be ok but if you need a better answer you should call them and ask.

You only need 2 letters. In my opinion, you should be ok but if you need a better answer you should call them and ask.
Thank you
I called them and they said those two letters would be sufficient :)

It’s anybody getting anxious??? I am so nervous, even though I know we still have another month to go like I check my email every day :(

Reactions: 1 users
It’s anybody getting anxious??? I am so nervous, even though I know we still have another month to go like I check my email every day :(

Me :( this app cycle has been beyond stressful. Nova is my top choice so I hope I get in.

Same here. The waiting game is killing me Hopefully these next few weeks fly by!

Me :( this app cycle has been beyond stressful. Nova is my top choice so I hope I get in.

Same! Nova is my number 1 school to go. Are you med or dental track?

Same here. The waiting game is killing me Hopefully these next few weeks fly by!

Hopefully!! I just don’t have a plan B and that it’s killing me

Glad to hear lots are in the same boat! I'm really anxious too!

Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va! DO NOT GO HERE. The medical school does not like the MBS program!

I almost joined this program and decided 5 days before orientation to not enroll. I'm so glad I didn't after hearing this, I'm so sorry you had to go thru this!! Hopefully you'll be able to enroll into Nova this fall.

Hi,

I think you should be fine! You can always call and ask if it’s ok. :)