NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I may ask, how many recommendation letters did you all submit? And were they from professors, physicians, advisors? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If I may ask, how many recommendation letters did you all submit? And were they from professors, physicians, advisors? Thanks!

I submitted 4. Two from professors, one from an osteopathic physician, and one from the hospital I work at. I personally think the more-the better. You're like an essay and want all the evidence to support your thesis. "I can be a great physician" :)

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted 4. Two from professors, one from an osteopathic physician, and one from the hospital I work at. I personally think the more-the better. You're like an essay and want all the evidence to support your thesis. "I can be a great physician" :)
Definitely, I agree! I submitted 4 as well, all from physicians, one DO. I hope they have a strong influence on the decision process..

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 4 as well two from professors one from my research coordinator at Roswell and one physician

welp I sent 3; 1 histology/board of trustees member, 1 calcII and 1 ntr.

I had applied to their medical school, so they only took two from that application, and I have not idea which :/ I had submitted 5 though to the medical school app.

I called and they told me which 2 they took. You can call as well and they will let you know.
I had applied to their medical school, so they only took two from that application, and I have not idea which :/ I had submitted 5 though to the medical school app.

~

Last edited:
If i wanted to go in a speak to an admissions counselor/ Dr. Dribin, do I make an appointment?

Excited to hear how interviews went for everyone!! We'd all really appreciate it if you guys shared some experiences (if you interviewed already)! Thanks :)

Reactions: 3 users
The same happened to me initially, but then Melissa told me that since they just took my ACCOMAS pdf file as a whole (bc I applied to NSUCOM), my actual 5 other letters from AACOMAS were still in there so in reality they were able to see all 7of my letters of rec lol...?!? And she actually read me off all 7 names so I knew she had them. I hope this makes you feel better!

Members don't see this ad :)
Excited to hear how interviews went for everyone!! We'd all really appreciate it if you guys shared some experiences (if you interviewed already)! Thanks :)
The same happened to me initially, but then Melissa told me that since they just took my ACCOMAS pdf file as a whole (bc I applied to NSUCOM), my actual 5 other letters from AACOMAS were still in there so in reality they were able to see all 7of my letters of rec lol...?!? And she actually read me off all 7 names so I knew she had them. I hope this makes you feel better!
Thank you! I keep trying to speak with one of them but I have no luck.

I really hope interviews went great today guys! Wishing the best to you all :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! A little update from interviews today...

Words from the director.
1. 40 applicants will be accepted this year. 34 Medical MBS and 6 Dental MBS.
2. 60 interview invites have gone out.
3. A second batch of interview invites will be sent out soon. (I'm guessing late next week because the only interview day next week is Monday)
4. As of right now, the last interview date is May 5th.
5. Decisions won't be finalized and sent out until the end of May. (If I remember right, you will actually get a phone call before you get an acceptance letter in the mail)

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 9 users

Words from the director.
3. A second batch of interview invites will be sent out soon. (I'm guessing late next week because the only interview day next week is Monday)
5. Decisions won't be finalized and sent out until the end of May. (If I remember right, you will actually get a phone call before you get an acceptance letter in the mail)

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for this, it's really helpful!

Words from the director.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! how many do you think theyll interview total?

Words from the director.

Hope this helps!

May we also ask you the length, style, and how many were interviewed on your date?

Words from the director.

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for the update!

Anyone else get the chills after reading #2? :sour::wacky:

Alright guys, so this is more of a social post than one related to the program.

So I just relocated back to the South Florida area and don't know very many people. If anyone wants to get together and hang out, I'd love something to do besides work!

So I just relocated back to the South Florida area and don't know very many people. If anyone wants to get together and hang out, I'd love something to do besides work!
I live in nj and Florida, I'd be happy to once I'm in town

Sent from my SM-G925V using SDN mobile

Id love to once I actually get accepted to Nova :nod:

Good luck on interviews tomorrow!!!

Reactions: 4 users
This is most likely the week we will hear of II! Who else is :scared: ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
How have interviews been?

So from what I know the second batch will be sent out today or in the next few days! Also my friend just had an interview yesterday and gave me some insight if anyone has any questions about what to expect. I wish everyone the best of luck and I got my fingers crossed. I keep refreshing my e-mail waiting to see that Nova title!

P.S if anyone has any specific questions send me a PM, ill do my best to answer

I wish we would just all get accepted! You guys all seem like a good group of people. Best of luck to everyone... Whatever happens don't look back!

Hey guys! We are in finals this week...so I apologize if any of us current MBS are slow to respond to your questions. Feel free to continue to private message me any questions/comments/concerns and I will respond asap. I really don't have time to keep up with this thread...what I mean is that I haven't read every post. So, if you want to talk to me about something specific, it's best to private message me. Thanks for understanding! :)

Just got an email for an interview ! Best of luck for everyone waiting to hear

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats! would you mind sharing your stats/completion date?
cGPA 3.1 sGPA 3.0 DAT 20 although I had extremely strong AC and I assume compelling PS. 2 letters which were read where from histology professor, whom I taught his histology lab after taking his course, that also is on the board of trustees at my undergrad and a nutrition professor I took and TA'ed several classes for. I had complete application by 2/5.

Does anyone know if all second batch II will be emailed out today or if they will be split up somehow? Thanks :(

Does anyone know if all second batch II will be emailed out today or if they will be split up somehow? Thanks :(

i sure hope so! I have similar stats and resume to SMcK_dental except 27 MCAT so I hope I didn't get passed over :( i need this so bad!

Any med track people get II today?

Second batch of interviews just went out! Both me and my brother are interviewing on the 13 if anyone else is! Make sure everyone checks their email, it's not an email from nova it's from a person and will be labeled special invitation...
Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Dang... well unless there's a 3rd batch of interviews I guess I'm SOL :(

Best of luck to those of you who got IIs!

Dang... well unless there's a 3rd batch of interviews I guess I'm SOL :(

Best of luck to those of you who got IIs!

We're in the same boat. I was wondering if there was a 3rd batch, too. :(

As interviews are possibly going out tomorrow I want to encourage everyone that whatever God's will is for each of lives individually is a PERFECT will. God may not always choose the qualified but He always qualifies who he chooses. I pray that Christ opens the door for us to have this opportunity and I am believing and excited for what He is going to do through us. Stay encouraged friends

hello again! are you still waiting to hear back from NOVA? I don't really say this to many people but I AM ROOTING FOR YOU! hope this helps with encouragement!
please keep me posted-- :)

According to previous threads, there are 2-4 batches sent out, so it is possible another one will be sent out, possibly next week, unless anyone applying or current MBS students knows otherwise? That only two batches will be sent out this year?

If there are only two then I sincerely wish all you sdners the best of luck you guys better all get in or I will pi$$ed for me I will try to improve my application as much as I can and apply to the osteopathic school so hopefully I'll see all you guys eventually

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
It seems as if only dental applicants have gotten interviews today. Congrats. I want to encourage us all that did not get an interview today that God is strategic. Just because something may seem DELAYED, does not mean that we are DENIED! Keep the faith

Reactions: 5 users
It seems as if only dental applicants have gotten interviews today. Congrats. I want to encourage us all that did not get an interview today that God is strategic. Just because something may seem DELAYED, does not mean that we are DENIED! Keep the faith

I love this! Thank you for knowing the right words to say to keep us in good spirit!