NRMP Sued today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is a letter to the editor from Tuesday's NYTimes:

May 14, 2002

Exhausted Doctors

To the Editor:

Re "Medical Students Sue Over Residency System" (front page, May 7):

As a third-year medical student, I see how overworked and very tired residents can become irritable and less focused, and make poor decisions at the end of a shift. My colleagues and I agree that we don't want to bankrupt hospitals, and we know that the free market might not raise salaries that much and that residency does have a significant educational component that keeps the pay low.

That said, 80- to 100-hour workweeks are good for neither residents nor patients. According to the American Medical Student Association, 41 percent of residents attribute their most serious mistake to exhaustion; 24-hour wakefulness results in cognitive function equivalent to a 0.1 percent blood-alcohol level; and well-rested doctors outperform their sleep-deprived colleagues in tests of memory, mathematics, visual attention, concentration and anesthesia monitoring. What more evidence is needed for change?
EDWIN WILLIAMSON
New York, May 8, 2002

Members don't see this ad.

Klebsiella wrote:
•••quote:••• ••••You lied, and were caught perjuring yourself on a student doctor message forum. •••quote:••• ••••As a lawyer, this made me laugh at you, Klebsiella. "Perjuring [him]self?" Perjury is false testimony given under oath. This message forum is hardly a court of law, and none of the posters, as far as I know, is under solemn oath. Methinks you're a Kenneth Starr fan.

Klebsiella also wrote:
•••quote:••• ••••I find this level of deceit and insatiable need to lie sickening, especially when such filth is thrust upon an otherwise sacred forum. •••quote:••• ••••Excuse me, "sacred?" Does anyone else find this a little over the top?

•••quote:••• ••••You also state you are attending an anesthesiology program at mass gen. You see 3 years ago when you started your pgy2 year, anesthesia was the easiest and most dreaded field around. Mass Gen. regularly had open slots, a matter of public record in fact. It is likely that you are not surrounded by 'elite' minds, but many bottom of the barrel candidates who were unable to find slots in even the lowest FP residencies. •••quote:••• ••••Not only is Klebsiella raving mad, but David Green, apparently, does not exist. Not at Mass General Anesthesia, anyway. Go to the following link: <a href="http://www.etherdome.org/STAFF/StaffFrame.htm" target="_blank">http://www.etherdome.org/STAFF/StaffFrame.htm</a> and check out the REAL residents of Mass General. There is no David Green.

It would seem, then, that Klebsiella's indulgent harangue was mere masturbation. He enjoys getting himself off on the circuitous, incessantly mendacious lunacies of one (many) David Green(s). (At least David Green's posts are amusing.)

I ask that both parties desist from further humiliating themselves, Your Honour. The prosecution rests.

Jazz Girl, AKA DavidGreen claptrapped:

•••quote:••• As a lawyer, this made me laugh at you, Klebsiella. ••••Ok, so now your not an anesthesiologist at harvard, but a lawyer?

Is your life this pathetic, that you have resorted to multiple online personalities? Interesting how said 'Jazz Girl' came into existence right around the time that I exposed this same person's online perjury. Also curious how a 'lawyer' from 'Harvard' dug through the deepest seas of the internet to scold me on an internet forum for medical professionals. It is equally curious how a buried thread came to life for the sole purpose of criticizing my rather astute observations about the degenerate style and sick posting habits of davidgreen, aka JazzGirl.

Is your life really that pathetic that you propogate this sick subterfuge by assuming multiple online names and claims?

Here's a tip bub, get a life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Say what you will about David Green, Klebsiella, but don't patronise me. Yes, I am a lawyer, but I'm also a medical student. I guess I should have been clearer. I earned a JD, and now I'm in my first year of med school. My plan is to focus on international health care/policy.

FYI, I have posted to other forums on the SDN, including Step 1 prep, etc. I'm not a mouthpiece for David Green or for you.

In case you didn't notice - or in case you have trouble with the English language, which has been made abundantly apparent in your earlier posts - I derided both you and the "David Green" team of idiots in my last message.

(God, I'm beginning to see why everyone is sick of you on this board. Two people have e-mailed me since this morning to say that Klebsiella is puerile and out-of-control, and that I should not encourage your brattish behaviour. My last post was meant to offer a way out for both you and David. I gently poked fun at you both in the hopes that you'd come to your senses, but you just went and lost your temper again. The David Greens are either with it [finally], quietly stewing in a corner, or have had their posting privileges revoked. Regardless, I say AMEN.)

BTW, Klebsiella, what about the evidence you promised all those weeks ago proving your thorough knowledge of hospital economics? You don't have to post the documents themselves, but if you could provide us, at least, with a web link or refer us to a book, I'd appreciate it. Or have you just been talking out of your A** all this time?

I believe I'm the 4th person to ask you for this info, which has never been delivered despite solemn promises. You're beginning to sound a lot like the Israelis when they rejected the UN investigating team at Jenin.

cheers!
JazzitUP

Although I don't post here much I must make a comment or two.

The best thing to do with posters like Klebsiella is ignore him/her. This poster is a troll who continually irritates others with meaningless and inflammatory posts. People like this are unable to engage in rational debates in an open (and anonymous) forum like this one. While trolls such as K delight in deriding others they cannot accept or understand why anyone would have a viewpoint other than their own. When queried for a specific piece of information such as the aforementioned secret healthcare knowledge Klebsiella provides no answer.

Fianally, accusations like "sick" behavior, accusing people of having multiple personalities (multiple usernames is very common), perjuring yourself online (that's a laugh) is just flat out stupid. It takes away any credibility the accuser has (or more likely, didn't have to begin with).

Peace.

•••quote:••• Say what you will about David Green, Klebsiella, but don't patronise me. Yes, I am a lawyer, but I'm also a medical student. I guess I should have been clearer. I earned a JD, and now I'm in my first year of med school. My plan is to focus on international health care/policy.
••••Thanks for the bio. I don't believe I requested this fiction, nor do I care where your imaginary interests may lie. I'm well aware of your antics as someone with many different claims and many different monikers.

•••quote:••• FYI, I have posted to other forums on the SDN, including Step 1 prep, etc. I'm not a mouthpiece for David Green or for you. ••••Yes, but out of your 6 posts, half are directed at me. Suspicious, no? Call yourself Davidgreen or Jazznut, it doesn't sway my opinion in any way.

•••quote:••• In case you didn't notice - or in case you have trouble with the English language, which has been made abundantly apparent in your earlier posts - I derided both you and the "David Green" team of idiots in my last message. ••••Simply because you chose to divorce yourself of that appalling moniker, by insulting yourself adds little to your claim. Jazz Nut mysteriously appeared on scene the same day I lambasted the nonsense davidgreen was spewing. Said Jazz Nut decided to attribute 80% of his/her posts to me (I'm honored). Surprisingly, the same Jazz Nut decided to claim attendance at harvard. It doesn't take a company sleuth to figure it out. If it walks like a duck...

•••quote:••• God, I'm beginning to see why everyone is sick of you on this board. Two people have e-mailed me since this morning to say that Klebsiella is puerile and out-of-control, and that I should not encourage your brattish behaviour. ••••Or more likely, you mailed yourself with multiple email accounts. Talk about sick fanaticisim.

In point of fact, I get about 10 emails per message post, supporting my inexorable tirades. I find this amusing, especially since I never posted my email address here. I don't feel warm or good that people support me. That's not why I'm here. That you feel flattered by email support from a fraternity of idiots is frighteningly bizarre. I can think of a number of self proclaimed Hizballah supporters that I exposed that probably patrol the board for my posts. It seems there are too many people on these boards with nothing better to do than pathetic and base antics. It's sick, really.

•••quote:••• My last post was meant to offer a way out for both you and David. I gently poked fun at you both in the hopes that you'd come to your senses, but you just went and lost your temper again. The David Greens are either with it [finally], quietly stewing in a corner, or have had their posting privileges revoked. Regardless, I say AMEN</font>•••Wrong. Your last post was meant to divorce yourself from a personality of your own making. I'm not buying it. Here's a tip, stop insulting yourself.

•••quote:••• BTW, Klebsiella, what about the evidence you promised all those weeks ago proving your thorough knowledge of hospital economics? You don't have to post the documents themselves, but if you could provide us, at least, with a web link or refer us to a book, I'd appreciate it. ••••I suspected that said davidgreen, aka jazz nut was possibly a first year med student. The infantile and wreckless behavior is emblematic of a far more serious problem.

I don't care what you 'appreciate'. I'm not your personal encyclopedia service. That your knowledge base (or lack thereof) has gaping deficits is not my problem, and I'm not about to get baited into aiding the criminally ignorant.

If you want to confirm what I have said, check it out for yourself. What I have said is common knowledge. It is very basic information that is readily available to anyone who is willing to call hospital administrators or PD. In the meantime, I will continue to send the information only to posters provided it remains off board.

How's that counselor (chuckle) ?

Ah yes Blotto 'who doesn't post here much.' Apparently you post here enough to change your online name from 'RAM' to 'Blotto'. You seem unaware of how easily name changes can be tracked on this forum. Consider your sophomoric ruse exposed. Pathetic.

It appears you too are trying to divorce yourself from the lunatic antics and heinous misinformation you tried to spread on the boards as 'RAM'. It's a good thing this place is infected with our friendly neighborhood K.P. It tempers the stupidity quite well, no? Deliberately changing your moniker to evade detection? Talk about sick!

Couldn't resist an opportunity to take a swipe at someone who exposed your rather 'uninformed facts' on the mortgage hunting thread.

Please note, said 'blotto' has apparently changed names from 'RAM'. My responses are to RAM/Blotto in that thread. For the life of me, I cant understand why this place allows these whimsical name changes. :confused: It allows lunatics and heretics to hide, albeit only until they post again.

<a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=001608;p=2" target="_blank">http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=001608;p=2</a>

Apparently your ego is bruised from our previous engagement. Truly pathetic. You obviously invest a great deal of emotional currency in what I think of you. Absurdly pathetic. I didn't even remember who you were until I searched your post history. Your the same person who offered nutty advice to would be home owners and called me to task for straightening your twisted information out.

Pal, if the highlight of your life is patrolling my SDN posts, you really need to get a life. Ram/Blotto, your infatuation with me is really blossoming into a festering sickness.

Get over your demented fetish with me. I find it utterly revolting. :mad:

K.P.

Hahahah.

Klebsiella, you really are pathetic. You must love to read the gibberish you constantly type.

You claim that I have a "demented fetish" with you. Hmmm. Let's see, it took you all of 33 minutes to do a MANUAL search to see I had changed my username (I highly doubt that anyone else cares), type out a lenghty response to another poster AND finally reply to me.

Talk about a LOSER.

33 friggin' minutes. Kinda says something about you, huh?