NRMP Server Crashed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At this point, i will throw caution to the wind and find a way to get the list if however way that it. i scrambled last yr, and i actually sent d list to a friend that was helping me scramble. I am scrambling for a friend now, so this brings back bad memories.

Good luck to everyone and hope all ur effort pays off. this is such an unfair system

Members don't see this ad.

So ERAS is down and you can't even apply if you wanted to anymore. Great.

Eras is down- I hope they extend the scramble

NRMP help line doesn't answer their phone either.

Seems unfair that the school is offering to share the list.

what in the world is going on??? I cant log in

what about FMG's and Older Alumni- independent applicants without a school that has the list.

I managed to re-apply to the programs I initially applied but I am not sure if any of them have openings. I did get one phone interview already...fingers crossed

This is crazy!

just got this email from NRMP
The NRMP is aware that users are unable to access the R3 system. We are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

I managed to re-apply to the programs I initially applied but I am not sure if any of them have openings. I did get one phone interview already...fingers crossed

Good luck to you!

just got this email from nrmp
the nrmp is aware that users are unable to access the r3 system. We are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

+100

Got a call-back from a program I had called and they want my ERAS app but ERAS isn't working! Gah!

"The NRMP is aware that users are unable to access the R3 system. We are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible."

Sent 90 mins into the day :(

Seems unfair that the school is offering to share the list.

Agreed, I understand it's a dog-eat dog-world, but I wonder if its a match violation.

Just called a program in AZ and they said the server crashed on their end and they don't know if they have spots. If that's the truth, at least the programs are having trouble accessing the server too.

Agreed, I understand it's a dog-eat dog-world, but I wonder if its a match violation.

Well you could always plead ignorance as we cannot access their policies!

Just called a program in AZ and they said the server crashed on their end and they don't know if they have spots. If that's the truth, at least the programs are having trouble accessing the server too.

that makes me feel better, tho how come other programs know they have vacant spots then

any word on ERAS, still cannot actually get in, almost completed sign in then it kicked me out

I've finally been able to get back to the Unfilled Programs list, however it is still blank. Do I take that as there are no unfilled programs or that the list is yet to be posted up?

Seriously, this is one stupid and screwed up system.

Think this is where they coined the term fishing in muddy waters,programs will panic and someone with contact will get lucky today I guess.

Yup ERAS still down. you get to login page, but it won't complete sign in

Just to let you know, as per the mod in the "Unfilled list" threat:
1)
The NRMP has already notified SDN that if anyone on SDN posts or distributes illegal Scramble lists, then those posters will be guilty of copyright violation and the NRMP may pursue legal action against these individuals.

"The Match Agreement prohibits applicants from sharing NRMP's List of Unfilled Programs with individuals who did not register with the Match."
http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/#nrmp

People who need the list should have received it in their e-mail from NRMP.

I still have not received the fabled "list" email

**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR A COPY OF THE LIST. THIS IS A STATEMENT THAT IT IS VERY WRONG THAT SOME HAVE A COPY OF THE LIST AND OTHERS DO NOT!!**

Again, please do not post, request or offer to share copyrighted information from the NRMP. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Maybe they are spending too much time trying to track down bull**** "copyright" violations instead of making sure their system works.

2 positions in emergency medicine only? **** off

Again, please do not post, request or offer to share copyrighted information from the NRMP. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

who cares what they say, they didn't keep their end of the deal. I'll sue them if I have to. At this point if someone was able to get the list it should be up for grabs

is that list that was posted a second ago right? I have been calling and they all say they are filled. Even places that say there are 6 spots and 0 filled. NRMP still shows empty on unfilled tab

Sure I got the NRMP list via email but ERAS is so broken that its impossible to apply to any program. :(

the program who have gotten back to me wants my LOR and transcript..which is all on ERAS which is slower than a 14k modem back in the days....

Wonder what changed on their part this year. I have never heard of something like this happening in the past.

It may have been slow, which is understandable, but not being able to access anything for 1+hour is just ridiculous.

Anyone having any luck getting a position? It's hard to tell what's filled because of the stupid website issues.

Eras has filled and unfilled programs listed....pita to cross reference the list from NRMP.

ERAS is uber slow....mother of god.
What a nightmare for everyone....

Eras has filled and unfilled programs listed....pita to cross reference the list from NRMP.

ERAS is uber slow....mother of god.
What a nightmare for everyone....

Where is the unfilled list on ERAS? I just know where it is on NRMP

Wow unbelievable. I went through this scramble s**t last year which was hell enough without the websites not working. Someone really needs to sue these ridiculous organizations and make them accountable to some standard. It is not acceptable to have such shoddy websites considering the money they bring in (they look like they were developed 10 years ago). I am guessing some enterprising scrambler(s) have a computer(s) just attacking the match folks' super outdated system so it is overwhelmed and can't respond (not hard to do, a bunch of wikileaks supporters where able to easily shut down major banking websites a few months back doing the same thing). All speculation of course. I wish everyone the best of luck in trying to get through the next few days.

Where is the unfilled list on ERAS? I just know where it is on NRMP

I believe it is only on NRMP. My registration was screwed up and now I'm sitting here totally helpless. Very frustrating. Was hoping to find the 29 or so unfilled psych positions but so far no luck in obtaining that information. It is disheartening / ridiculous to go through the effort / time of ERAS and then not be able to submit that same application to potential prelims or psych (or wherever).

I'm not sure what happend to medicine but the humanity has obviously been extracted ;]

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for all of you that had to go through this :(

Agreed. I'm so sorry that all of you are being faced with such a horrible situation. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is trying to find a spot in this whole big mess.

if the system crashed what is to say the match on thur is not fraught with errors?

if the system crashed what is to say the match on thur is not fraught with errors?

This is a horrifying yet decent point. I guess we will all find out on Thursday how deep the chaos goes.

A server being unable to accommodate thousands of visitors simultaneously is quite different than a process which has been quadruple checked for the past 4 weeks.

Yes, the NRMP's server was obviously unprepared for today, but I would imagine the reason we wait so long after submitting our lists is so something like today doesn't happen for the vast majority of people.

so how does the scramble work tomorrow? do programs start at a specific time? I don't know what to do anymore? Do I keep calling? when do I call it a day?

A server being unable to accommodate thousands of visitors simultaneously is quite different than a process which has been quadruple checked for the past 4 weeks.

Yes, the NRMP's server was obviously unprepared for today, but I would imagine the reason we wait so long after submitting our lists is so something like today doesn't happen for the vast majority of people.

Good point.