NOVA vs NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWillMakeIt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN'er,

I am having a hard time deciding between these two schools. I haven't received an acceptance at NOVA yet, but I have an interview in the upcoming month. However, I was accepted at NYIT 2 days ago. I am planning to get into a competitive specialty. Both schools have a great residency match, location, rotations sites, grading system is P/F for both, attendance for NYIT isn't "really" mandatory. NY resident, NYIT is 20min away but will live always from family regardless. I love NY hospitals, and I would like to work in NY in the future. NYIT Cost of attendance is much more. Is it worth it to attend NOVA's interview? What do you guys think of these two schools?
Tanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey SDN'er,

I am having a hard time deciding between these two schools. I haven't received an acceptance at NOVA yet, but I have an interview in the upcoming month. However, I was accepted at NYIT 2 days ago. I am planning to get into a competitive specialty. Both schools have a great residency match, location, rotations sites, grading system is P/F for both, attendance for NYIT isn't "really" mandatory. NY resident, NYIT is 20min away but will live always from family regardless. I love NY hospitals, and I would like to work in NY in the future. NYIT Cost of attendance is much more. Is it worth it to attend NOVA's interview? What do you guys think of these two schools?
Tanks
It sounds like you want to stay in NY, I would at least interview at NOVA, who knows you might like it. What is the cost difference. This is probably more pertinent after being accepted to NOVA. Also which specialty are you interested in ? Look to see if the school is affiliated with a residency program in that specialty or if there are consistently large number of students matching into those specialties over multi-year matchlists.