Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well thats good that you are onto the committee stage! I had everything in early/mid Oct and still havent completed the first check through. Oh the waiting games haha good luck though!

I had everything in by October 1st I believe. Thanks, good luck to you too! and everyone else

Members don't see this ad.

Just got a letter in the mail... Placed on hold :/ a little disappointed after the long wait for Nova"s answer.

Last edited:
I just had my phone interview for the Hybrid program. It went very well and the program is more interesting than I thought. I just want to know from the main campus already. How long is the admissions committee going to hang on to my application?? I graduate from undergrad this Sunday so it'd be nice to know something!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my phone interview for the Hybrid program early last week and was accepted late last week!!!

I just had my phone interview for the Hybrid program. It went very well and the program is more interesting than I thought. I just want to know from the main campus already. How long is the admissions committee going to hang on to my application?? I graduate from undergrad this Sunday so it'd be nice to know something!

When I called, they said they will review hold application not until March...!!!

I got put on hold too. So frustrating. The hybrid Nova program was the only reason I decided to apply a second time. But, the way it panned out, I was accepted to a top local school and have an interview at another. For Nova I still need to take 3 random classes (ie not pre reqs, not retakes, only for grade boost) and my school works on quarters so I won't even get grades till Feb! So that's at least March time frame to even go to review. Long past when I owe answers to other schools. And the class could easily be full by then too.

The other 2 schools don't require me to take any more classes either so I can work my regular job this spring. (Non traditional student)

I am kinda bummed because I really think I am a perfect fit for a hybrid program but there are just too many things up in the air with them.

This is the last week to hear back from Nova this semester. They won't start informing people again until January 6th. I hope I hear from them!!!

Hey everyone!

Well finally 3 months after applying I finally received a call from Nova in Tampa. The lady, I forget her name, interviewed me. She asked me some questions and I told her about my stay at USF's DPT Program for a couple of months before leaving the program. She informed me that she used to work there and left to join Nova a while back. She was very empathetic of what I went through over at USF, guess she knew exactly what I was talking about :).

Anyway, I received an email yesterday from Nova and I have been accepted into both the Ft. Lauderdale campus and the Tampa Campus. They are giving me the choice of where to attend. At this time I have already eliminated the Tampa campus. I talked to a current student who is in her third year at the program and she said I should go elsewhere unless I am crazy smart, disciplined, and prefer to teach yourself everything. I then asked her if she was starting PT school again, knowing what she knows now about the hybrid program, would she have attended it and she answered with a "Hell No" lol! So I won't be attending the Tampa Campus on that note.

Now I am debating on whether to attend PT school at Nova in Ft. Lauderdale or head to NY and attend NYIT. Right now I am leaning towards NYIT because the staff was so friendly and made me feel comfortable. I was welcomed with open arms, like a family environment, and they truly care about you as an individual and not an investment. They accepted me again for a second year in a row as well. Plus its a small school so that is always usually better. I am trying to find out more about the PT program in Ft laudy, I found someone who just graduated from the program and am waiting to hear back on her thoughts on the school. I will keep you guys posted. Good luck.

I would assume since you have been wait listed, they will wait until people back out that have been offered a spot in the program. So once they back out there will probably be an order in which they have applicants in based on there file and you could know as late as a few months before the program started. I was waited listed at USF and found out about 2 weeks after because someone denied the seat. So it just depends on how strong your application is vs others and how many people drop and go elsewhere.

How likely is it for someone who has been waitlisted (application has been put on hold) to get accepted? Anyone have ANY information on this? From this cycle as well as previous cycles??

Just got my acceptance email on Wednesday (found out today, was on a 6 day Bahamas cruise and had no signal) for the Ft. Lauderdale campus! Was weird that the attached letter was dated Nov. 21 2013 and I received the email Dec. 18th. Can any current/graduated students give me a little more insight to this program? I'd like to hear a student perspective of this school, thanks!

Congrats to all who are accepted!

Just got my acceptance email on Wednesday (found out today, was on a 6 day Bahamas cruise and had no signal) for the Ft. Lauderdale campus! Was weird that the attached letter was dated Nov. 21 2013 and I received the email Dec. 18th. Can any current/graduated students give me a little more insight to this program? I'd like to hear a student perspective of this school, thanks!

Congrats to all who are accepted!

Mine was dated November 21st too! I got it December 5... I wonder if they write a bunch of letters then send them out in batches.

Mine was dated November 21st too! I got it December 5... I wonder if they write a bunch of letters then send them out in batches.

yea! are you planning on attending this school or waiting to hear back from others? Heard anything about this program in particular?

Members don't see this ad :)
yea! are you planning on attending this school or waiting to hear back from others? Heard anything about this program in particular?

I put a deposit down on Nova and am waiting to hear from UM. I also applied to FIU and USF but will probably go to either Nova or UM. I'm from Florida so I've heard quite a bit about Nova... if there's anything you'd like to know I'll try to answer.

I'm a current student at Nova. I applied late (November 2012), got waitlisted, and got accepted in April of 2013. Literally 5 weeks before class started. For those waiting, it could take a while. Some of my classmates on the waitlist didn't get in until at least March. One classmate didn't get accepted until the week before class started. Hold out hope everyone. And good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a current student at Nova. I applied late (November 2012), got waitlisted, and got accepted in April of 2013. Literally 5 weeks before class started. For those waiting, it could take a while. Some of my classmates on the waitlist didn't get in until at least March. One classmate didn't get accepted until the week before class started. Hold out hope everyone. And good luck!

What is your impression of the program at nova so far after your first two semesters?

Does Nova really just call you out of the blue for the phone interview-- you don't get to schedule a day/time? And do they interview everyone? Just curious because I haven't heard from them yet since they called to inform me that all my stuff had been received.

Does Nova really just call you out of the blue for the phone interview-- you don't get to schedule a day/time? And do they interview everyone? Just curious because I haven't heard from them yet since they called to inform me that all my stuff had been received.

I dont think that they interview most applicants, from what I have seen on SDN they will call is they have questions BUT I do think the Hybrid program requires a phone interview (correct me if I am wrong here please). I got in to the Ft. Lauderdale campus with no interview (in person or phone), but it may be case by case.

Also I didn't hear anything from them after the initial call that all of my materials was in and then one day I had an acceptance email in my inbox! Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear soon!

Thanks, aroszko-- I'll stop worrying about it so much now. Congratulations on your acceptance! :)

Similar situation in my case. I was on a cruise (last week maybe an hour from docking off to the Bahamas) and the hybrid program called me. I was very short with her and the background was very noisy on my end with music blaring and what not but we made jokes about being on the cruise. She asked if I was interested in the hybrid program and I said no, just the ft. Lauderdale one. It lasted about 5 minutes and I had NO idea this was my "phone interview" and maybe 3 days later got an acceptance email to SUMMER 2014 ft. lauderdale campus Still have a few friends who applied to Nova without any word yet so maybe there's still luck for more acceptances!

I am grateful for my acceptance, but would love to hear back from all my other schools. Will definitely drop the 1k to save my spot, but does anyone know if they ask for MORE money later on? My friend got into the dental school and payed 1k in the beginning, then they asked for another 1k later on due to student influx or something so he had to pay that. He ended up getting into UF dental and lost 2k to that school. I know it's part of the process but it's a shame to lose so much money.

thanks all and good luck!

Are you planning on attending or are you waiting for other schools?

I have been accepted to St. Augustine in San Diego. I will most likely attend this school. But I am still waiting on few others.

Hey guys, there's finally been a decent amount of movement on the Nova DPT Facebook page for the 2017 class (not the hybrid program). We have around 22 members with an expected class size of around 45. If you haven't joined the page yet and do plan on attending you should definitely do so ASAP as there will be a ton of great info on there for upcoming paperwork, FAFSA, apartment searching etc etc. Have a great one and finish the semester strong !!

After waiting months and months and months I finally received some information. I got accepted to NOVA! I'm so excited to begin this new adventure!!!:soexcited:

After waiting months and months and months I finally received some information. I got accepted to NOVA! I'm so excited to begin this new adventure!!!:soexcited:
Congrats!! Do you mind telling me when you applied? I had everything in by early Oct and still have yet to hear anything from them. But congrats again that's great news!!

Congrats!! Do you mind telling me when you applied? I had everything in by early Oct and still have yet to hear anything from them. But congrats again that's great news!!

Thanks! I applied earlier sept. I can't remember exactly. Whats weird is my acceptance letters are post-dated on nov 4th and nov 11th. So idk why it took them so long to get back to me...

Thanks! I applied earlier sept. I can't remember exactly. Whats weird is my acceptance letters are post-dated on nov 4th and nov 11th. So idk why it took them so long to get back to me...
Hmm that is weird haha oh well! Did they send you an email, or did you get it by snail mail?

Anyone hear from NOVA recently? I received a call a few weeks ago from them to confirm my address and information and then i was told my application was being passed along for review. How long should it take to hear from them from that point?

Anyone hear from NOVA recently? I received a call a few weeks ago from them to confirm my address and information and then i was told my application was being passed along for review. How long should it take to hear from them from that point?
Mine was with the committee for 3 weeks..so it could still be a little while. I guess I may finally hear from them next week! I had everything in early Oct. Good luck!!

Mine was with the committee for 3 weeks..so it could still be a little while. I guess I may finally hear from them next week! I had everything in early Oct. Good luck!!

Good luck to you too! The deadline for supplemental materials is listed as 1/31 on PTCAS, so maybe next week is the week!

Good luck to you too! The deadline for supplemental materials is listed as 1/31 on PTCAS, so maybe next week is the week!
Thanks :) and I talked to someone in admissions the other day and she said they are now getting through everything a lot quicker now, especially with the committee meeting more frequently. Hope your right!

I am applying this summer to Nova. The hybrid program is my number 1 choice of all the schools I am applying to. Just wonder, what is the most of the application material do they look at? Thanks!

I am applying this summer to Nova. The hybrid program is my number 1 choice of all the schools I am applying to. Just wonder, what is the most of the application material do they look at? Thanks!

Im pretty sure if Gucci mane is your favorite rapper, they automatically let you in!
#Burrr

^lmao!! Probably the reason i got wait-listed....forgot to end my essay with #burrr

He would be like " mane Im gonna make yo cane so icey"

I never got my question answered. We got got up on the whole Gucci discussion lol.

Last I heard from Nova was when they called me a few weeks ago to inform me my app was being passed on to review by the committee. I'm going to call them a little later to see if a decision has been made yet. Hopefully I'll get some good news!

Last I heard from Nova was when they called me a few weeks ago to inform me my app was being passed on to review by the committee. I'm going to call them a little later to see if a decision has been made yet. Hopefully I'll get some good news!

I called today and my application is still under review.

For those of you put on hold (including me) you may find this helpful:

I talked to Diana (i think she's Monica's assistant) and she told me that there are usually around 60-70 people put on hold each year and this year they had around 1300 applicants-meaning we at least made it to top 120ish (assuming class size is 50). The wait list isn't in numerical ranking order, it's in alphabetical. She also said that generally people that have been wait listed have similar stats as everyone else on hold so there is not much need for ranking. She mentioned that decisions on holds won't be made till march ending and we won't get official letters until mid-April. I know this isn't much information but I hope it gives you some info that you may not have known! It just sucks we have to wait till literally a month before classes start to officially find out :( Anyways, GOOD LUCK!

I talked to Diana (i think she's Monica's assistant) and she told me that there are usually around 60-70 people put on hold each year and this year they had around 1300 applicants-meaning we at least made it to top 120ish (assuming class size is 50). The wait list isn't in numerical ranking order, it's in alphabetical. She also said that generally people that have been wait listed have similar stats as everyone else on hold so there is not much need for ranking. She mentioned that decisions on holds won't be made till march ending and we won't get official letters until mid-April. I know this isn't much information but I hope it gives you some info that you may not have known! It just sucks we have to wait till literally a month before classes start to officially find out :( Anyways, GOOD LUCK!

That is very helpful, thank you. My last name puts me smack in the middle of the alphabet, so I guess we'll see.

Does anyone know when they will come to a decision on applicants who are still under review, or how long it typically takes to go from the review stage to a decision?

Awesome, i was put on hold too and my last name starts with an A...maybe I'll get lucky soon!

I think what Diana meant to say by that is that they'll consider everyone on hold equally when they go through the hold list applications again in March. Or, at least thats what I hope because my last name is towards the end of the alphabet and that wouldn't be a good thing lolo_O

Reactions: 1 users
Ah okay makes a lot more sense lol that didn't sound fair at all but hey I wouldn't have complained lol
Good luck to you all, March is around the corner!