Nova Southeastern University DPT Ft. Lauderdale May 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TayPT

Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to NSU Fort Lauderdale? I received an email that my application is still being reviewed and they will be sending out decisions around the beginning of Feb. Hoping for the best!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been accepted to NSU Fort Lauderdale? I received an email that my application is still being reviewed and they will be sending out decisions around the beginning of Feb. Hoping for the best!

Same here, haven’t heard anything besides that.

They told me the same. Hopefully I hear something by this next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please update if you guys hear any acceptances this week!

Reactions: 1 user
I heard back and was accepted in late November for the Ft. Lauderdale campus. They sent the acceptance by email first.

Received my acceptance today!

Congrats! Did they give you a date to respond with an answer?
They gave me until Feb. 20th to send the deposit fee and until the 13th to submit the intent to enroll form.

Last edited:
I'm actually waitlisted there and they don't let you know where you are on the waitlist. Btw, what are your stats like?

Most likely, i'm still taking the next day or two to weigh my options though. Good luck to you!
My stats are

School: UCF
Major: Sport and Exercise Science

Overall GPA: 4.0

Pre-Req GPA: 4.0

GRE: 158 V, 151 Q, 3.5 AW

Hours: 128 Outpatient, 50 Neuro

Extracurriculars/Work experience: Personal trainer, Anatomy TA, Exercise Physiology TA, Peer tutor in Biology 1, CSCS certification

Awards: Top Honor Graduate/Summa Cum Laude

LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor, 1 professor/supervisor

Members don't see this ad :)
Most likely, i'm still taking the next day or two to weigh my options though. Good luck to you!
My stats are

School: UCF
Major: Sport and Exercise Science

Overall GPA: 4.0

Pre-Req GPA: 4.0

GRE: 158 V, 151 Q, 3.5 AW

Hours: 128 Outpatient, 50 Neuro

Extracurriculars/Work experience: Personal trainer, Anatomy TA, Exercise Physiology TA, Peer tutor in Biology 1, CSCS certification

Awards: Top Honor Graduate/Summa Cum Laude

LOR: 1 PT, 1 professor, 1 professor/supervisor

May I also ask you when you applied?

May I also ask you when you applied?
I applied towards the end of October and received my waitlist letter in the mail on 12/10ish. Supposedly since they're a private school and want to fill as many seats as possible, they usually pull a lot off the waitlist. The sucky part is I don't want to get pulled off their waitlist 2 weeks before the program starts--since they start in may.

I applied towards the end of October and received my waitlist letter in the mail on 12/10ish. Supposedly since they're a private school and want to fill as many seats as possible, they usually pull a lot off the waitlist. The sucky part is I don't want to get pulled off their waitlist 2 weeks before the program starts--since they start in may.

Yeah I applied around thanksgiving time and just impatiently waiting for an email Hoping for good news! I hope you get off the waitlist soon!

Yeah I applied around thanksgiving time and just impatiently waiting for an email Hoping for good news! I hope you get off the waitlist soon!
So you applied and haven't heard anything or you're waiting to come off the waitlist as well?

Congrats! Were you initially on the wait list or no?
Thank you! I guess I was? I had gotten a letter in the mail a few weeks ago that said my application was still under review and that they would be pulling people off the prospective list? Or something along the lines of that.

Thank you! I guess I was? I had gotten a letter in the mail a few weeks ago that said my application was still under review and that they would be pulling people off the prospective list? Or something along the lines of that.
What's your deadline for the deposit?

NICE! If you don't mind me asking, what are your academic stats? I want to see where I stand. I am currently on a waitlist..
Not at all!
Overall GPA: 3.98
Pre-Req GPA: 3.97 (along those lines)
GRE: Q: 153 V: 155 AW: 4.5

Hours: 8 inpatient, 4 SNF, 403 outpatient (aquatic therapy, neuro, etc.)

Extra-Curric: Pediatric Rehab Volunteer, Student intern for hospital rehab (for academic credit)

I have received my acceptance letter in early November and I will be attending!

I just received my acceptance today off of the wait list!

I just received my acceptance today off of the wait list!
Congrats! That's huge! How'd the process go, was it a phone call? Also, what are your academic stats? Im also not he waitlist.

Congrats! That's huge! How'd the process go, was it a phone call? Also, what are your academic stats? Im also not he waitlist.

Thank you!! I received a phone call then an email.
University: Florida State University , Spring 2020 graduate
Degree: B.S. Family & Child Sciences
FSU Cum. GPA: 3.651
Last 60 Credits GPA: 3.68
Pre req GPA (currently taking physics 2): 3.2-3.4 depending on school
GRE: V. 149 Q.151 W 5
*deans and honors list every semester except when I got a C in chemistry (2017)*

Thank you!! I received a phone call then an email.
University: Florida State University , Spring 2020 graduate
Degree: B.S. Family & Child Sciences
FSU Cum. GPA: 3.651
Last 60 Credits GPA: 3.68
Pre req GPA (currently taking physics 2): 3.2-3.4 depending on school
GRE: V. 149 Q.151 W 5
*deans and honors list every semester except when I got a C in chemistry (2017)*
Nice! Did they mention where you were on the waitlist or if the class is completely filled?

Nice! Did they mention where you were on the waitlist or if the class is completely filled?
No they did not, she only mentioned that she made a couple of phone calls that morning. They are giving me a week to pay the deposit so if someone declines there may be more openings next week.

No they did not, she only mentioned that she made a couple of phone calls that morning. They are giving me a week to pay the deposit so if someone declines there may be more openings next week.
Was it Claudia who called? And what's the deadline for the deposit?