Program-Specific Info / Q's Nova Southeastern University MOT Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are they taking any more applicants though? when do they stop talking in applications?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure they are. I believe they stop in March I read somewhere on their website or on OTCAS. There's so many hold applicants though it kinda makes you wonder.

They stop February 2nd... I know all the holds make me nervous but I haven't heard of too many acceptances on here... I'm hoping it's just so they don't accept too many before the deadline

Members don't see this ad :)
Iit says by March 15th on my letter, but I just emailed Keatta today asking if they look at us again each month before more decisions go out or will they review us all again right before March 15th. Her email said she's out of office till next Tuesday though
Let us know if you hear back please!

Hey guys! I heard back from Keatta today and I got in!!! Hopefully the rest of you will be hearing good news soon. Good luck!!

Were you placed on hold? Did you find out by emailing her or an acceptance type email?

No I wasn't put on hold, just accepted. I sent in my video on 11/24, visited the school on 12/11, and heard back today. I had emailed her after the new year asking about the status of my application and she said I'd hear back by the end of the month. The email just said I was accepted and there will be more information coming in the mail soon

No I wasn't put on hold, just accepted. I sent in my video on 11/24, visited the school on 12/11, and heard back today. I had emailed her after the new year asking about the status of my application and she said I'd hear back by the end of the month. The email just said I was accepted and there will be more information coming in the mail soon

I received the same email this morning!! I have been admitted and will be accepting. Looking forward to meeting others who will be attending! I hope everyone else hears good news soon!!!

Hey guys! I heard back from Keatta today and I got in!!! Hopefully the rest of you will be hearing good news soon. Good luck!!

I received the same email this morning!! I have been admitted and will be accepting. Looking forward to meeting others who will be attending! I hope everyone else hears good news soon!!!
Congrats guys!!! Could you both share your stats so we know where we stand? So far still on hold:(

I am a bit of a unique applicant as I am a little older (I'm 30) and this is a career change for me after working in higher education for the last 8 years.

Undergrad: University of Florida, majoring in health science, rehabilitative services track
Grad: Penn State, M.Ed. in college student affairs.
Overall GPA: 3.62 (I also recently retook all the science pre-reqs for Nova since undergrad was a long time ago, and I made A's in all of them)
GRE: V-154 Q-154, A- 5.0
Observation: 41 hours in an in-patient rehab facility/SNF, 15 hours at a pediatric hippotherapy center
Other: over 1200 hours volunteering at a community crisis center working as a phone counselor on the suicide hotline and going into the community for face to face crisis intervention.
6 years of full time work at Florida Atlantic University, University of Florida, and University of Tampa

Good luck to you all!

Last edited:
My application was pretty average. I think my video interview, personal statement and the fact that I visited from CT really helped!

Undergrad: UConn (class of '14)
Major: Allied Health
Overall GPA: 3.5
Prereq GPA: not sure how Nova calculates grades for classes that were retaken so somewhere between a 3.5-3.8
GREs: V- 148, Q-150, A-5
OT Observation: 34 hrs hand therapy, 22 hrs inpatient Yale VA, 12 hrs nursing home, 30 hrs pediatric therapy, 6 hrs stroke unit
Volunteer: Senior center, Elder Helpers, Special Olympics, Relay for life
Extra-curriculars: Autism Speaks, Husky Ambassadors, National Honor Society, Allied Health club , CPR certified
Work: Tons of secretarial jobs, currently an aide at an outpatient sports therapy clinic and I nanny for a 9-month old (since he was 3-months old)

Good luck to you all! I encourage you to contact Keatta frequently... I think that helped make clear of my interest in the program!

Members don't see this ad :)
were you put on hold?

Hi! I was just accepted tooooo!!! Does anyone need a roommate? lol I'm moving from California.

I don't think so. I emailed Keatta about when they review us again not to long ago and she said there's no set time. Anytime from now to March 15th we'll be notified.

Hi! I was just accepted tooooo!!! Does anyone need a roommate? lol I'm moving from California.
Hi, I was also accepted back in December. I am pretty confident I will be attending, but I am not 100% positive yet. If I do attend, I will also be looking for a roommate (I am from Virginia) so I am potentially interested!! Has there been an accepted students Facebook page or anything made?

Hi! I was accepted back in December also. I am from Pittsburgh, PA. I am still kinda waiting on one school at home.. before committing to move 20 hours away! lol but i'm 99% sure i'll stick with Nova. I am planning on flying down the end of March to look at apartments, and attend the backstage pass.
We should start a Facebook group so that people who have to move far can talk :) As far as I know there isn't one yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Email me at [email protected] if you want to chat about a roommate situation :) and for those of you who are still waiting, keep your heads up! I know the wait is awful but it will work out.

Reactions: 1 users
yes, looking for a roommate. lol
Hi, I was also accepted back in December. I am pretty confident I will be attending, but I am not 100% positive yet. If I do attend, I will also be looking for a roommate (I am from Virginia) so I am potentially interested!! Has there been an accepted students Facebook page or anything made?
same here, looking for a roommate.

Hi! I was accepted back in December also. I am from Pittsburgh, PA. I am still kinda waiting on one school at home.. before committing to move 20 hours away! lol but i'm 99% sure i'll stick with Nova. I am planning on flying down the end of March to look at apartments, and attend the backstage pass.
We should start a Facebook group so that people who have to move far can talk :) As far as I know there isn't one yet.
I'm also waiting to hear back from a school near home but will mostly likely be attending nova if I don't hear back before the 13th! I'm from Connecticut and would be looking for a roommate as well! I think starting a Facebook group is a great idea

Hi everyone! I was accepted last week! (And I did receive the on hold letter in December) I'll be moving from Indiana so I'll be looking for a roommate too! I think a Facebook page would be great as well for all of us to chat!

Hi everyone! I was accepted last week! (And I did receive the on hold letter in December) I'll be moving from Indiana so I'll be looking for a roommate too! I think a Facebook page would be great as well for all of us to chat!
Would you mind sharing your stats for those of us hoping to get off hold? So far you're the first one, which seriously congrats!! This process is discouraging

I was also accepted last week! I am in between Nova and one other school in Florida (that I am still waiting to hear from). I'll be moving from Maine and will also be attending the backstage pass at the end of March before making my final decision :)

Yay! I received an email last week saying I was accepted and then found this forum! I asked to join the fb group! :) Congrats everyone!

yes looking for roommates, I searched online for apartments and seems pretty expensive. o_O, let me know :)

it seems that a lot of people in this forum that were accepted are out of the state of florida. anyone who was put on hold that got accepted from florida?

Anyone who has recently been accepted mind sharing when they submitted their video essay? It's been approximately five weeks since I got the email confirming that they had received mine, so I feel like it should be any day now!

I submitted mine November 4th. and I heard on December 17th. So about 6 weeks.

I hope some people who were placed on hold are accepted soon!!

Reactions: 1 users
It's been two months since I submitted my video and I haven't heard anything at all. Nervous!

It took me eight weeks to hear back after submitting my video. But the holidays probably delayed things too. Hope you hear soon!!

how long did it take for you all to hear about them wanting you to send in a video essay?

they said we should hear sometime in march i hope its early march

they said we should hear sometime in march i hope its early march
Before March 15th my hold letter says, so like 4 more weeks and I'm assuming they'll send at least two more rounds of acceptances out before then.

I think they just sent out some more decisions because I got an email yesterday afternoon saying I've been accepted! I'm going to be declining, but I thought someone might be interested in knowing they sent some more out. It's been exactly six weeks since I submitted my video.

I think they just sent out some more decisions because I got an email yesterday afternoon saying I've been accepted! I'm going to be declining, but I thought someone might be interested in knowing they sent some more out. It's been exactly six weeks since I submitted my video. .
wow congrats hopefully we hear soon

I have a feeling they met today.,, maybe we will know tomorrow? No additional views on my video I submitted in November.