Program-Specific Info / Q's Nova Southeastern MOT - Hold candidates??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OThopeful504

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I interviewed with Nova Southeastern University in Ft Lauderdale via Skype in October and it went great! I was extremely bummed out and shocked when I got a letter saying that I am a "hold candidate" for the 2014 class. So basically is this a waiting list? Has anyone else gotten this status? Does anyone know the likelihood that hold candidates get accepted after waiting til the March date? Trying to stay positive but I haven't read about any people on hold!

Members don't see this ad.

I too am on a hold and I got an email back from Keatta Jerry saying that we are placed on a "hold" to give then more time to look at our applications. I've heard of a few others that are on holds. If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats?

I too am on a hold and I got an email back from Keatta Jerry saying that we are placed on a "hold" to give then more time to look at our applications. I've heard of a few others that are on holds. If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey lax, when was your interview and when did you get the email??

Hey lax, when was your interview and when did you get the email??
My interview was late Sept. I got a letter a few weeks later saying that I was on a hold, so I emailed Keatta and asked what it meant

Hi! Okay so I guess it isn't too uncommon that they put people on hold? I just find it odd and completely NERVE WRACKING! hah! My current stats are overall gpa 3.2, not sure what my specific prerequisite GPA is but last time I checked it was 3.7. I am working as an OT tech at an adult and pediatric clinic and also work as a coordinator for an autistic summer camp. I'm also a handwriting tutor at the clinic, have had internships at two different outpatient settings, over 2+ years of observation....I really want to be an OT. I need to get in!!! If anyone hears anything keep us updated :) good luck!!

Hi! Okay so I guess it isn't too uncommon that they put people on hold? I just find it odd and completely NERVE WRACKING! hah! My current stats are overall gpa 3.2, not sure what my specific prerequisite GPA is but last time I checked it was 3.7. I am working as an OT tech at an adult and pediatric clinic and also work as a coordinator for an autistic summer camp. I'm also a handwriting tutor at the clinic, have had internships at two different outpatient settings, over 2+ years of observation....I really want to be an OT. I need to get in!!! If anyone hears anything keep us updated :) good luck!!
Is Nova the only place you applied to?

I am applying to Florida International University as well in the next few weeks. Their application is due Feb. trying to stick to South Florida. what about you?
I applied all over the US. There was 15 places in total; VCU, TJU, Nova, Salus, D'youville, ATSU, St. Catherine, Rockhurst, UIC, Brenau, Indiana State, Midwestern, Univ of Pitt, and TSU . I sent all my applications in at the end of August; I heard it's easier to get in the earlier that you send in you application. I was accepted at Salus in Philly, and D'youville in Buffalo so far, I'm supposed to hear back from ATSU in about a week; and the rest start looking at the applications soon.

I applied all over the US. There was 15 places in total; VCU, TJU, Nova, Salus, D'youville, ATSU, St. Catherine, Rockhurst, UIC, Brenau, Indiana State, Midwestern, Univ of Pitt, and TSU . I sent all my applications in at the end of August; I heard it's easier to get in the earlier that you send in you application. I was accepted at Salus in Philly, and D'youville in Buffalo so far, I'm supposed to hear back from ATSU in about a week; and the rest start looking at the applications soon.

Wow that's awesome! Unfortunately I am limited to locations. What are your stats for Nova?

Wow that's awesome! Unfortunately I am limited to locations. What are your stats for Nova?
Major: Therapeutic Recreation
Cumulative GPA:3.4
Prereq GPA- ~3.6
Observation hours: 560 hour TR internship in a psychiatric facility, 130 hours in a pediatric OT clinic, 20 hours in a assisted living facility, 20 hours working at an adult "daycare", 20 Hours volunteering at an summer camp for children with Autism, 8 hours in OT hand clinic, 8 hours in acute rehab, 30 hours at a therapeutic horse riding center, 50 hours at a daycare, & 500+hours with various philanthropies.
Extra Curricular Activities: Alpha Gamma Delta- 3years, REC club- 2years, Adventure Program Trips, intramural sports.