Nova Southeastern (Fort Lauderdale) DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmxpt2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my first acceptance letter from Nova Southeastern on Tuesday after 2 pathetic attempts of applying for PT school that led to a 3rd attempt. I’d love to hear from current or past students who go/went there and what their thoughts are/were on the program. I’m thankful to have an acceptance this early in the cycle and to not have to make any deposits until January 15 while I wait for responses from other programs, but I’d still love to hear input from others that can hopefully lead to my final decision come the deposit deadline. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was wondering what you wrote about for the supplemental application essays and how much you wrote for each prompt? I am close to submission, however I just wanted to know since you were admitted! (Btw, congratulations!)

These are the prompts, assuming they were the same for you

If you are accepted to NSU and other physical therapy schools, what would be your reasons to choose or not to choose NSU?
Required
Please describe any special circumstances regarding your personal or educational experiences that you would like the admissions committee to know about.
Required

Please reflect on how one of your listed volunteer service/community engagement commitments relates to ONE of the 7 core values defined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). The APTA describes the 7 core values of physical therapist as: Accountability, altruism, compassion/caring, excellence, integrity, professional duty, and social responsibility. Please limit your essay to 500 words or less.
Required

Members don't see this ad :)
These are the prompts, assuming they were the same for you

If you are accepted to NSU and other physical therapy schools, what would be your reasons to choose or not to choose NSU?
Required
Please describe any special circumstances regarding your personal or educational experiences that you would like the admissions committee to know about.
Required

Please reflect on how one of your listed volunteer service/community engagement commitments relates to ONE of the 7 core values defined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). The APTA describes the 7 core values of physical therapist as: Accountability, altruism, compassion/caring, excellence, integrity, professional duty, and social responsibility. Please limit your essay to 500 words or less.
Required

Hey thanks! I did have the same prompts when I filled out the supplemental app. For the first prompt (reading top to bottom), I was just honest on what would be the ideal PT school scenario would be like (faculty, campus impression, license pass rate, cost of living, etc). I didn’t give any specific reasons as to why I would or wouldn’t attend NSU. For the second prompt, I wrote about my experiences being a student cyclist and how my second year being apart of a varsity cycling program didn’t let me balance my school work very well (my ptcas overall gpa was only 3.34). I mentioned switching schools to let me focus on my academics better while still enjoying cycling less seriously, which showed an upward trend in my grades (deans list my last 2 semesters and straights A’s in the classes I retook at a community college). Be honest and word your essay well if you have something that affected your undergrad performance. For the last prompt, I wrote about a medical mission trip in Mexico that I went on through my girlfriends church. I’ll be honest, I wrote about the same topic for several schools that asked me about community engagement. I think I wrote about social responsibility regarding the APTA core values, but I can’t remember. I’ll check for that and my word count later when I’m off work.

Hope this helps.

I received my first acceptance letter from Nova Southeastern on Tuesday after 2 pathetic attempts of applying for PT school that led to a 3rd attempt. I’d love to hear from current or past students who go/went there and what their thoughts are/were on the program. I’m thankful to have an acceptance this early in the cycle and to not have to make any deposits until January 15 while I wait for responses from other programs, but I’d still love to hear input from others that can hopefully lead to my final decision come the deposit deadline. Thanks in advance!
Does Nova interview? Submitted an application and would love to know what to expect. :)

Does Nova interview? Submitted an application and would love to know what to expect. :)
No interview for ft lauderdale. For Tampa hybrid yes

Reactions: 1 user

Hey there, congrats on your acceptance. I graduated from Nova in 2017. I thought the program prepared me well for my career. A little pricy and the COL in South Florid is pretty high too. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Hey there, congrats on your acceptance. I graduated from Nova in 2017. I thought the program prepared me well for my career. A little pricy and the COL in South Florid is pretty high too. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Hi! I got accepted there too and was wondering if you could help me with the following:
1) How is the faculty/student relationship like?
2) How's the clinical placement process like?
3) What do you like the most/least about it?
4) Anything you think I'd need to know

Thank you so much for offering to help! And I look forward to hearing from you. :)