"Not to go" EM programs!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
leviathan said:
:eek: 94k a year for a PGY3, AND a BMW 540i? You're pulling my leg, right?

Nope...he's serious but there's a catch. Ya gotta suck up three Cat 4 storms within a month, thus becoming a hero to everyone in storm-free Galveston!

Take care,
Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

Jeff698 said:
Nope...he's serious but there's a catch. Ya gotta suck up three Cat 4 storms within a month, thus becoming a hero to everyone in storm-free Galveston!

Take care,
Jeff
I got my old UTMB t-shirt right here on the arm of my desk chair.

Members don't see this ad :)
docfos said:
I dont see any thing funny about my question. It was very specific and yes, very personal. However, if the people who write in this thread wish to share their personal thaughts and experiences, they will creat a great source of information about various programs nationwide. Just think a little before jumping to a conclusion. Anyway thanks for the response.

I have a personal thaught I'd like to share. I wouldn't apply to anything in Florida or Georgia, at least not this week. Cuba and Jamaica are out too. Good luck quinners.

Desperado said:
It is Arizona you seek my son.
Dude, I did my trauma rotation in Phoenix. That place is blazin'!

DrMom said:
Well, Quinn is posting in the same spirit as the rest of the thread ;)

I presumed as much. :) But given the salary he posted was not THAT high, and my assumption that US docs/residents are much better payed, I could not tell for sure.

peksi said:
If that is Canadian dollars that is about $42,000 in US$ that is less than some programs for a PGY 3 but better than others! If that is 53K US$ value in Canada that is way better as a PGY 3 than most US programs.

Paul

That is in Canadian dollars. Under British Columbia (my province of residence) at

http://www.carms.ca/jsp/main.jsp?path=../content/program/salary

you can see a PGY-3 makes a salary of $53,329.86, which converted to US dollars at current exchange rates is $41,344.33...Man, I have too much time on my hands. :laugh:

leviathan said:
I presumed as much. :) But given the salary he posted was not THAT high, and my assumption that US docs/residents are much better payed, I could not tell for sure.
94K US$ for a resident's salary not THAT high? Would that you were right! :)

Like I said, I have no idea how much American docs make. I heard they make up double the amount of Canadians. Seemed reasonable that residents were the same way. :p

Sessamoid said:
I guess you don't realize it but your original question sounds like you're asking people to "dis" other people's residency programs, something which we civilized folk here are reluctant to do. You'll get more responses and more useful information from a question like, "What programs did you apply to and why?"
Although I didnt mean to " dis" any program, thanks for bringing that point to my attention.Your proposed question could be very helpful, but it cant replace mine; I was looking for "cons" against programs not "pros" for them! However, both together would be much more helpful.
One more thing: "civilized folk" shouldnt be "reluctant" or afraid of hearing their weaknesses! A negative statement about a program is eighter true or false. If not true, dont give a ** to it. If true, go ahead and fix the problem and if there is nothing that can be done about it, just admit it!

Ok, I think you are still missing the larger point behind the facetious postings. As has been mentioned on this forum ad nauseum...

Because the RRC holds EM programs to a fairly high standard, the quality of training across accredited programs doesnt vary all that much. If the program is accredited, the training is probably sufficient to turn a motivated resident into an excellent EP. For this reason, choice of program is predicated a lot more on personal preference/geography/gestalt than it is on a tiered pecking order ala IM.

docB said:
I've been to the In-N-Out at I15 and Tropicana many times and I can assure you that the pathology there rivals any big city ER.

yea but only since you were there, afterwards it became rather peaceful right? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
docfos said:
One more thing: "civilized folk" shouldnt be "reluctant" or afraid of hearing their weaknesses! A negative statement about a program is eighter true or false. If not true, dont give a ** to it. If true, go ahead and fix the problem and if there is nothing that can be done about it, just admit it!
A "fact" is either true or false. Whether it is "negative" or "positive" depends on your opinion/point of view. The only really qualified people to speak to facts about programs are current residents and faculty. People who have only interviewed with the program may have impressions, but they really can't know much for sure about a program without being there a while. Bashing a program based on a few hours spent on an interview would be considered bad form.

What do you consider weaknesses in a residency program? Only after we know that can we answer your question about which programs have weaknesses that would be important to you.

Quinn, I noticed you said that the Wayne State Program should be avoided. I was just curious as to why?

joshua_msu said:
Quinn, I noticed you said that the Wayne State Program should be avoided. I was just curious as to why?
You haven't been listening at all, have you?

Sessamoid said:
You haven't been listening at all, have you?

No, Im rather new to this EM forum, and havent heard. That is why I am asking.

OMG. Okay, everybody listen up. It ... was ... a .... joke. Nobody here is going to crap on somebody else's program. The programs we mentioned in this thread are either

1) programs that we personally go to (so it's a joke, okay? I think we have a resident here from the Wayne State program)

or

2) it was a comprehensive list of every EM residency program in the country (the programs you asked about Termwean)

None of us here are willing to crap on somebody else's program. No matter who asks. No matter how many ways they try to ask the question. Ask us what program would fit you best and where, and we're more than willing to help out.

SORRY....i asked this question before reading past the first page....will edit now

" Stupid question of mine used to reside here"
Lesson learned: Never react to a thread until you have read enough of the post to understand its underlying tone.

Thank-you for this lesson!

Termwean said:
SORRY....i asked this question before reading past the first page....will edit now
I know it's a pain to read through long threads for a single fact, but in this case it's necessary.

Sessamoid said:
. The only really qualified people to speak to facts about programs are current residents and faculty. People who have only interviewed with the program may have impressions, but they really can't know much for sure about a program without being there a while. Bashing a program based on a few hours spent on an interview would be considered bad form.

What do you consider weaknesses in a residency program? Only after we know that can we answer your question about which programs have weaknesses that would be important to you.
I totally agree with the first paragraph and if I have written otherwise, it was unintentional. Sorry.
I want to ask you to read the original question again! However, I am gonna explain it here: I admitted in my question that "all programs are accredited" , therefore every prospective EM resident should be happy to be accepted in any of them. But, as I told in the original question there has to be a list of priorities in the mind of any resident or student about different programs which could be based on the program itself or other factors like geoghraphy. Of course any suggestion would be personal, what else could it be? But these kind of " personal recomendations could help people like me who dont have any idea about many programs except their name and location! Now, for example; Mr X says" I didnt go to program Y in Z city because they are not a level one trauma center, or because the residents dont have that much autonomy, or the living cost in the area is high, or....
So, it helps me or any body to consider these points, at the time of sending applications. I hope this explanation works.

docfos said:
I totally agree with the first paragraph and if I have written otherwise, it was unintentional. Sorry.
I want to ask you to read the original question again! However, I am gonna explain it here: I admitted in my question that "all programs are accredited" , therefore every prospective EM resident should be happy to be accepted in any of them. But, as I told in the original question there has to be a list of priorities in the mind of any resident or student about different programs which could be based on the program itself or other factors like geoghraphy. Of course any suggestion would be personal, what else could it be? But these kind of " personal recomendations could help people like me who dont have any idea about many programs except their name and location! Now, for example; Mr X says" I didnt go to program Y in Z city because they are not a level one trauma center, or because the residents dont have that much autonomy, or the living cost in the area is high, or....
So, it helps me or any body to consider these points, at the time of sending applications. I hope this explanation works.
This is a more reasonable request. The problem is that you started off on the wrong foot with the title of the thread. "Not to go" just sounds really bad. I mean really bad. My gut reaction to that even before I clicked on the thread was "wtf?"

One thing you should know (which has been elucidated in an older thread) particularly about ratings of trauma centers is that the difference between Level 1 and Level 2 trauma centers is largely political. It tells you very little about the volume and type of traumas that are seen at that particular hospital. A Level 2 center may see a higher volume of trauma than a Level 1. It's something you have to look into for each particular program.

docfos said:
Of course any suggestion would be personal, what else could it be? But these kind of " personal recomendations could help people like me who dont have any idea about many programs except their name and location! Now, for example; Mr X says" I didnt go to program Y in Z city because they are not a level one trauma center, or because the residents dont have that much autonomy, or the living cost in the area is high, or....

Since this thread won't die and since we've been chastised for not being helpful enough. Here goes. I applied to a bunch of EM programs but ended up only interviewing at Harvard, U Penn, Denver, Cincinatti, and Pittsburgh. I ended up rankinkg them Denver, Harvard, U Penn, Cincinatti. So why didn't I rank Pittsburgh? First I was more interested in four year programs. Second, EMS is a big deal at Pitt, and I could care less about EMS. Third, I didn't really hit it off with the residents. Fourth, one of the faculty members who interview me seemed like a raging A---hole. Five, I was exhausted from a 24 hour greyhound ride by the time I got there. That being said Pitt is a world class EM program with a huge reputation so I wouldn't recommend turning your back on it just because it wasn't right for me. As for the rest. Cinci had I thought the best clinical curriculum and EM research. Harvard and U Penn would have had the usual turf battles of new programs but unparalleled clinical and research resources outside the ED. Denver had outstanding training, a huge reputation, one of the best immunology departments in the world for my postresidency work, and it was my home town where I hadn't lived in 14 years and I was homesick. I can't really see how this helps your search but good luck.

Now to answer your original question: Don't go anywhere on probation, about to go on probation, or about to close down if you can avoid it. For anything other than the on probation part of this you will have to rely on the rumor mill(see King/Drew thread)

Sessamoid said:
OMG. Okay, everybody listen up. It ... was ... a .... joke. Nobody here is going to crap on somebody else's program. The programs we mentioned in this thread are either

1) programs that we personally go to (so it's a joke, okay? I think we have a resident here from the Wayne State program)

or

2) it was a comprehensive list of every EM residency program in the country (the programs you asked about Termwean)

None of us here are willing to crap on somebody else's program. No matter who asks. No matter how many ways they try to ask the question. Ask us what program would fit you best and where, and we're more than willing to help out.

What about the new EM residency at In-and-Out Burger? Was there a particular reason that applicants should be wary of this program? Just curious. Thanks.

margaritaboy said:
What about the new EM residency at In-and-Out Burger? Was there a particular reason that applicants should be wary of this program? Just curious. Thanks.

Yes. The In-N-Out burger is a fraudulent residency program that actually tricks MDs into thinking flipping burgers and working the cash register are what post-graduates *really* do.

margaritaboy said:
No, that one's for real. Don't nobody be slanderin' the In 'n Out Burger, dammit!

leviathan said:
Yes. The In-N-Out burger is a fraudulent residency program that actually tricks MDs into thinking flipping burgers and working the cash register are what post-graduates *really* do.
Actually, coming from a Liberal Arts background, I can speak to that point. If I had indeed gone on to earn my MFA, the odds are decent that I would be flipping burgers now.

naw, teach high school or community college

grouptherapy said:
naw, teach high school or community college
go farther back to kin-de-garden... and answer the eternal question "why?... why?... why?......"

Sessamoid said:
This is a more reasonable request. The problem is that you started off on the wrong foot with the title of the thread. "Not to go" just sounds really bad. I mean really bad. My gut reaction to that even before I clicked on the thread was "wtf?"

One thing you should know (which has been elucidated in an older thread) particularly about ratings of trauma centers is that the difference between Level 1 and Level 2 trauma centers is largely political. It tells you very little about the volume and type of traumas that are seen at that particular hospital. A Level 2 center may see a higher volume of trauma than a Level 1. It's something you have to look into for each particular program.
OK, I might have chosen the wrong title for this thread, it happens when you communicate by your second language! Anyway, thanx god that you understand now.
Truama level was just an example, thank you for mentioning the point anyway. What do you think about the Kern and Fresno program? I really cant a specific question, but for ex; ... training, number of patients, range of pathology, living condition,.... Thankx.

ERMudPhud said:
Since this thread won't die and since we've been chastised for not being helpful enough. Here goes. I applied to a bunch of EM programs but ended up only interviewing at Harvard, U Penn, Denver, Cincinatti, and Pittsburgh. I ended up rankinkg them Denver, Harvard, U Penn, Cincinatti. So why didn't I rank Pittsburgh? First I was more interested in four year programs. Second, EMS is a big deal at Pitt, and I could care less about EMS. Third, I didn't really hit it off with the residents. Fourth, one of the faculty members who interview me seemed like a raging A---hole. Five, I was exhausted from a 24 hour greyhound ride by the time I got there. That being said Pitt is a world class EM program with a huge reputation so I wouldn't recommend turning your back on it just because it wasn't right for me. As for the rest. Cinci had I thought the best clinical curriculum and EM research. Harvard and U Penn would have had the usual turf battles of new programs but unparalleled clinical and research resources outside the ED. Denver had outstanding training, a huge reputation, one of the best immunology departments in the world for my postresidency work, and it was my home town where I hadn't lived in 14 years and I was homesick. I can't really see how this helps your search but good luck.

Now to answer your original question: Don't go anywhere on probation, about to go on probation, or about to close down if you can avoid it. For anything other than the on probation part of this you will have to rely on the rumor mill(see King/Drew thread)
Thank you so much for your honest reply. Can you tell me how may I find out about the probation on a program?

docfos said:
OK, I might have chosen the wrong title for this thread, it happens when you communicate by your second language! Anyway, thanx god that you understand now.
Truama level was just an example, thank you for mentioning the point anyway. What do you think about the Kern and Fresno program? I really cant a specific question, but for ex; ... training, number of patients, range of pathology, living condition,.... Thankx.
I interviewed at the Bakersfield/Kern program. Solid program from what I could tell. Didn't really like the idea of living in Bakersfield, though it probably wouldn't be as bad as I imagined it would be. I ranked them, but not highly. I always wonder what path my life would have taken if I gone there instead.

Both Bakersfield and Fresno are the frequent butt of jokes of residents of Northern and Southern California, rightfully so or not. It's generally considered to be the rather socially backwards little sibling to LA/SD and SF metro areas. Fresno also has the benefit of being relatively close to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks, if you're into Ansel Adams-type scenery and outdoors activity.

I didn't realize English was not a native language for you, which explains the misunderstanding.

Sessamoid said:
I interviewed at the Bakersfield/Kern program. Solid program from what I could tell. Didn't really like the idea of living in Bakersfield, though it probably wouldn't be as bad as I imagined it would be. I ranked them, but not highly. I always wonder what path my life would have taken if I gone there instead.

Both Bakersfield and Fresno are the frequent butt of jokes of residents of Northern and Southern California, rightfully so or not. It's generally considered to be the rather socially backwards little sibling to LA/SD and SF metro areas. Fresno also has the benefit of being relatively close to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks, if you're into Ansel Adams-type scenery and outdoors activity.

I didn't realize English was not a native language for you, which explains the misunderstanding.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I understand from your post that those two program have no shortage by themself, but because of the area many people consider them lower than some other programs in CA, am I right?

docfos said:
Thanks for sharing your experience. I understand from your post that those two program have no shortage by themself, but because of the area many people consider them lower than some other programs in CA, am I right?
Pretty much. Geography determines a lot.

Sessamoid said:
I got my old UTMB t-shirt right here on the arm of my desk chair.

I have a great UTMB sweatshirt that I hope will last forever. Very much like one of my old college ones that still going strong after (gasp!) 15 years.

Take care,
Jeff

Sessamoid said:
In-n-Out? Dude, if I were applying for residency again, I'd be so there!

"Double double, animal-style, no pickles!"

For those of you deprived of the In-n-Out phenomenon, it's a fast-food burger chain in California and spreading. The food is excellent for fast food, they pay their employees considerably more than the going rate at other fast food joints, and the employees are unfailingly courteous and polite. What they are most famous for are the "specials" that aren't on any menu nor advertised. You just have to know what they are, or else you just get plain burgers.

Here's a good summary.
:eek: Damn! Never knew about that!

Of course, I now have to wait until Thanksgiving before I can see it it's true. :(

I was wondering how you heard that denver and wayne state have poor er programs? Denver has been a top place for years and wayne state is affiliated with detroit receving which is an unbeliable training hospital for em. have you had personal experience in these places? cause i would like to know before i try to do any rotations there. thanks

DRSTEPHI27 said:
I was wondering how you heard that denver and wayne state have poor er programs? Denver has been a top place for years and wayne state is affiliated with detroit receving which is an unbeliable training hospital for em. have you had personal experience in these places? cause i would like to know before i try to do any rotations there. thanks

You have clearly missed that this thread is full of sarcasm.

Desperado said:
I know for a fact that every single one of the programs below has something wrong with it that is worth avoiding. Sorry all the clowns up above wouldn't let you in on this. Please don't apply to any of these programs.

DESPERADO'S LIST OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE PROGRAMS TO AVOID:

University of Alabama Medical Center Program
Birmingham, Alabama 110-01-31-165
Arizona

Maricopa Medical Center Program
Phoenix, Arizona 110-03-21-082
University of Arizona Program
Tucson, Arizona 110-03-12-056

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Program
Little Rock, Arkansas 110-04-21-071

Kern Medical Center Program
Bakersfield, California 110-05-12-001
University of California (San Francisco)/Fresno Program
Fresno, California 110-05-12-002
Loma Linda University Program
Loma Linda, California 110-05-12-068
Charles R Drew University Program
Los Angeles, California 110-05-12-004
UCLA Medical Center/Olive View Program
Los Angeles, California 110-05-12-003
University of Southern California/LAC+USC Medical Center Program
Los Angeles, California 110-05-12-005
Alameda County Medical Center Program
Oakland, California 110-05-12-006
University of California (Irvine) Program
Orange, California 110-05-21-078
Stanford University Hospital/Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Program
Palo Alto, California 110-05-21-098
University of California (Davis) Health System Program
Sacramento, California 110-05-21-097
Naval Medical Center (San Diego) Program
San Diego, California 110-05-12-067
University of California (San Diego) Program
San Diego, California 110-05-21-080
Los Angeles County-Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Program
Torrance, California 110-05-12-008

Denver Health Medical Center Program
Denver, Colorado 110-07-12-009

University of Connecticut Program
Hartford, Connecticut 110-08-21-120
Yale-New Haven Medical Center Program
New Haven, Connecticut 110-08-21-139

Christiana Care Health Services Program
Newark, Delaware 110-09-12-057

George Washington University Program
Washington, District of Columbia 110-10-12-011

University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville Program
Jacksonville, Florida 110-11-12-058
Orlando Regional Healthcare Program
Orlando, Florida 110-11-21-072
University of South Florida Program
Tampa, Florida 110-11-21-167

Emory University Program
Atlanta, Georgia 110-12-12-012
Medical College of Georgia Program
Augusta, Georgia 110-12-21-090

Cook County Hospital Program
Chicago, Illinois 110-16-21-083
McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University Program
Chicago, Illinois 110-16-12-015
Resurrection Medical Center Program
Chicago, Illinois 110-16-31-146
University of Chicago Program
Chicago, Illinois 110-16-12-014
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago Program
Chicago, Illinois 110-16-12-016
Advocate Christ Medical Center Program
Oak Lawn, Illinois 110-16-12-017
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria Program
Peoria, Illinois 110-16-12-069

Indiana University School of Medicine Program
Indianapolis, Indiana 110-17-12-018

University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Program
Iowa City, Iowa 110-18-12-174

University of Kentucky Medical Center Program
Lexington, Kentucky 110-20-21-129
University of Louisville Program
Louisville, Kentucky 110-20-12-020

Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge) Program
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 110-21-21-117
Louisiana State University Program
New Orleans, Louisiana 110-21-12-021
Louisiana State University (Shreveport) Program
Shreveport, Louisiana 110-21-22-170

Maine Medical Center Program
Portland, Maine 110-22-21-142

Johns Hopkins University Program
Baltimore, Maryland 110-23-12-022
University of Maryland Program
Baltimore, Maryland 110-23-21-101

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School Program
Boston, Massachusetts 110-24-31-163
Boston University Medical Center Program
Boston, Massachusetts 110-24-21-084
Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School Program
Boston, Massachusetts 110-24-21-150
Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University School of Medicine Program
Springfield, Massachusetts 110-24-21-116
University of Massachusetts Program
Worcester, Massachusetts 110-24-21-074

University of Michigan Program
Ann Arbor, Michigan 110-25-21-106
Henry Ford Hospital Program
Detroit, Michigan 110-25-12-025
St John Hospital and Medical Center Program
Detroit, Michigan 110-25-21-132
Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center (Grace Hospital) Program
Detroit, Michigan 110-25-12-059
Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center Program
Detroit, Michigan 110-25-12-024
Grand Rapids Medical Education and Research Center/Michigan State University Program
Grand Rapids, Michigan 110-25-12-026
Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies/Michigan State University Program
Kalamazoo, Michigan 110-25-21-124
Sparrow Hospital/Michigan State University Program
Lansing, Michigan 110-25-12-027
William Beaumont Hospital Program
Royal Oak, Michigan 110-25-12-065
Synergy Medical Education Alliance/Michigan State University Program
Saginaw, Michigan 110-25-11-138

Hennepin County Medical Center Program
Minneapolis, Minnesota 110-26-12-028
Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education (Rochester) Program
Rochester, Minnesota 110-26-21-161
HealthPartners Institute for Medical Education Program
St Paul, Minnesota 110-26-21-144

University of Mississippi Medical Center Program
Jackson, Mississippi 110-27-21-073

University of Missouri at Kansas City Program
Kansas City, Missouri 110-28-12-029
Washington University/B-JH/SLCH Consortium Program
St Louis, Missouri 110-28-21-154

University of Nebraska Medical Center Program
Omaha, Nebraska 110-30-31-168

UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Camden) Program
Camden, New Jersey 110-33-21-118
Atlantic Health System (Morristown) Program
Morristown, New Jersey 110-33-12-060
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center Program
Newark, New Jersey 110-33-21-158

University of New Mexico Program
Albuquerque, New Mexico 110-34-21-075

Albany Medical Center Program
Albany, New York 110-35-21-086
Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Jacobi/Montefiore) Program
Bronx, New York 110-35-12-030
Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center Program
Bronx, New York 110-35-12-053
Brooklyn Hospital Center Program
Brooklyn, New York 110-35-21-093
Maimonides Medical Center Program
Brooklyn, New York 110-35-21-164
New York Methodist Hospital Program
Brooklyn, New York 110-35-21-147
SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Brooklyn, New York 110-35-31-135
SUNY at Buffalo Graduate Medical-Dental Education Consortium Program
Buffalo, New York 110-35-31-127
New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens/Cornell University Medical College Program
Flushing, New York 110-35-31-173
North Shore University Hospital/NYU School of Medicine Program
Manhasset, New York 110-35-21-141
Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Program
New Hyde Park, New York 110-35-12-062
Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center Program
New York, New York 110-35-11-149
Mount Sinai School of Medicine Program
New York, New York 110-35-21-087
New York Medical College (Metropolitan) Program
New York, New York 110-35-12-031
New York Presbyterian Hospital Program
New York, New York 110-35-13-169
New York University School of Medicine Program
New York, New York 110-35-21-092
St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Program
New York, New York 110-35-21-109
University of Rochester Program
Rochester, New York 110-35-21-131
SUNY at Stony Brook Program
Stony Brook, New York 110-35-21-091
SUNY Upstate Medical University Program
Syracuse, New York 110-35-21-121

University of North Carolina Hospitals Program
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 110-36-21-130
Carolinas Medical Center Program
Charlotte, North Carolina 110-36-12-032
Duke University Hospital Program
Durham, North Carolina 110-36-13-166
Pitt County Memorial Hospital/East Carolina University Program
Greenville, North Carolina 110-36-12-063
Wake Forest University School of Medicine Program
Winston-Salem, North Carolina 110-36-12-033
Ohio

Can you please tell my why you don't recommend HCMC in Minneapolis? I've heard its one of the best. Thanks!

sunstar1877 said:
Can you please tell my why you don't recommend HCMC in Minneapolis? I've heard its one of the best. Thanks!

Read the whole thread! This is SARCASM! It is a complete list of ALL of the EM programs from FRIEDA at the time of the post (Iowa and Utah are new).

- H

I'm sorry. Some of these posts confirm my belief how stupid/oblivious the average citizen in this country is....explains the election results fully.

This whole thread is false....sarcasm. Read no further, please. No more posts about how someone can think Denver, Hennepin, LAC-USC, <insert your favorite program here> are terrible programs? It is sad.
Good luck to those in the match this year who recognize and understand sarcasm.

docB said:
I've been to the In-N-Out at I15 and Tropicana many times and I can assure you that the pathology there rivals any big city ER.

A bit off topic, but I once ordered a double double animal style in just a jock strap and flip flops at the In n' Out on Trop and MD Pkwy, by UNLV campus. As you were... :thumbup: :smuggrin:

scooter31 said:
A bit off topic, but I once ordered a double double animal style in just a jock strap and flip flops at the In n' Out on Trop and MD Pkwy, by UNLV campus. As you were... :thumbup: :smuggrin:

Thanks for the mental image. Just when I thought I could finally get some sleep... :mad:

- H

Wait, you're telling me that EM residents are supposed to understand & enjoy humor?

Personally, I don't believe in sarcasm

FoughtFyr said:
Thanks for the mental image. Just when I thought I could finally get some sleep... :mad:

- H

What can I say, I'm a "giver"... :laugh:

Off topic yet again (shut up), but thanks FoughtFyr for all of your kickass posts re: MPH programs and such in the various forums where the degree is discussed. :thumbup: :thumbup: