Not-so-traumatic ortho programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmRadio

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm loving ortho, but my home program gets A LOT of ortho trauma. I'm thinking I could probably learn to be a good surgeon during daylight hours just as well as repairing crackhead fibulas at 2 am. Anyone know of some good programs in eastern U.S. that are fairly light on trauma?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm loving ortho, but my home program gets A LOT of ortho trauma. I'm thinking I could probably learn to be a good surgeon during daylight hours just as well as repairing crackhead fibulas at 2 am. Anyone know of some good programs in eastern U.S. that are fairly light on trauma?

My school's home program (Hahnemann) is pretty light on trauma.

This may be an ignorant question,

but what's a crackhead fibula?

Is that a crackhead's fibula, or is it some fracture classification that I'm completely unaware of (the latter is a definite possibility).

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that a crackhead's fibula, or is it some fracture classification that I'm completely unaware of (the latter is a definite possibility).

The former -- sorry, should have read "crackheads' fibulas". Anyone else know of such programs?

In the midwest, beaumont, michigan, cleveland clinic, northwestern are relatively light trauma