'Not quite malignant but close' prelim and neuro programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to see if we could start compiling some info on programs that we know to be (or have heard), are very difficult on residents in terms of call schedule or just how they're treated.
I have to start it off by saying I did recently hear (unfortunately, because I'm very interested in it) that Emory is one of the programs where their residents get worked pretty hard. Especially in 1st year in IM.
If anyone knows of other programs that are supposed to be brutal I'd love to hear it, and am sure others would too!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure this thread can really give anyone any reliable/verifiable info since we don't know if any negative talk is just a way for someone to try to increase his chance at a particular place (not that I think/claim you are). There are many excellent programs that are front-loaded and prelim IM year is always tough anywhere.

Anyway, based on what you have said, Emory is not different from any of the other top programs that I have interviewed with.

I am not sure this thread can really give anyone any reliable/verifiable info since we don't know if any negative talk is just a way for someone to try to increase his chance at a particular place (not that I think/claim you are). There are many excellent programs that are front-loaded and prelim IM year is always tough anywhere.

Anyway, based on what you have said, Emory is not different from any of the other top programs that I have interviewed with.

Ok, I just want to get this out there...obviously, whenever you see a post on studentdoctor.net, it's going to be opinionated and you have to use your discretion. So really, there's no reason to read ANY thread if you think it's all BS...don't take this personally, I'm just venting at the fact that any thread I've started has some damn condition attached by the next poster. I GET IT, STUDENTDOCTOR IS NOT 100% ACCURATE!
Now, if you'd like to share more info on the actual topic, that'd be great. What's their call schedule like? Did the residents seem happy?