Not Enough Time For Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziffy 850

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before, but....I just took Step 2-I did not have enough time on each section, so I just blew through and guessed on the last 5-7 questions. Is there a chance I still could pass? I mean, I basically did not do an entire section if you count 5X8.

Members don't see this ad.

ANYONE-I'm not just obsessing-I have history of poor test-taking and BAD Step 1

How did you do on things like Usmle World and the NBME $45 exams? The first block I did on the actual exam, I had about 5-6 q's left at about 2 min remaining. Every block after that I finished all q's but had about only 30 secs remaining. So I know how you feel about the time issue.

I had enough time on uw-averaged about 60-65%-these questions were longer. I felt ai knew the info, but just didn't have time. If I fail, it will be because I'm too slow.

Does anyone know how many questions I can get wrong(or not finish) and still pass?

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all, the test is signed, sealed, and delivered, so there's nothing you can do now but wait. Secondly, the score is not based on number correct out of number of questions (not a percentage score, right?)... Third, of those 5-6 questions on each section, I would bet all my student loans on it that you got at least SOME of those correct. My advice? Have a beer, take a deep breath, remember that this test is not life or death (no test is THAT important unless of course the only thing you care about in life is a stupid test that you can retake if worst-case-scenario arises. Try to enjoy your 4th year. The results will come soon enough.

ahhhh if all med student at least had half of your brain then medical school would be such an awesome place....