Northwestern status page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bump!

Members don't see this ad.

I was doing just fine....until I stumbled upon this thread.

I had been avoiding this thread...thinking you guys were refering to the status change for interviews.

Now, since even UCLAMAN has posted, I am becoming a bit panicky...

I checked MY status and voila! it has changed
to "A decision has been made on your application. Expect to receive a letter from us soon."

Sometimes this boards stresses me out so much...arrrgghhh...yet I can't get enough of
it:D

Harps

Those of you who have their status changed, do you mind sharing if you're classified as western, central, or eastern region? I've been told at the interview that they select people based on which region they're from. In particular, are there any West Coasters who got the status changed?

Members don't see this ad :)
i am a west coaster.

but i went to undergrad in the midwest and i recall sometihng about the regions being based on where you did undergrad.

in other words, maybe i am a west coaster.

I'm a west coaster, both in residence and college and I got the status change.

i too am a west coaster and got the status change

I am a southeasterner....I was just looking at Northwestern's webpage, and they just say final admissions decisions go out at the end of Nov. and the end of Feb...so this means the status change could mean an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection...getting kind of worried!!!!!

I'm on the east coast, both for home and undergrad. I'm nervous too!!! As you guys receive letters, please let us all know (and tell us how far the letter had to go to get to you!).
Good luck everyone!!!
love,
Grumps
:love:

i'm a west coaster both in school and undergrad

I'm a definitie midwestern or central, or whatever they call it, so I guess we've got all the regions covered. Hopefully today or tomorrow something will come.... I should have just told them I'd pick it up.

i wonder if they even sent them on friday - they changed the status so late in the day. i really hope so, cause i would SO like to know before i leave town on wednesday for thanksgiving with the "in-laws". if they didn't send till monday, then chances are i won't get the letter until i get back on sunday and i don't think i can stand to wait that long, especially because they will ask and i would love to tell them good news.

this is hard.:(

nothing came in my mailbox today...sigh

Anyone get any calls today?? I wonder if Dean Brown is slowly making the rounds? I can't handle this!

Members don't see this ad :)
uhh, me neither!!! and, i have to be away from the computer for the next 4 hours...arrggggggg!

nuclearrabbit77
I apologize for calling you a dumas, im a bit stressed out too. I agree the phone call thing isnt normal protocol, but just wanted to give out as much info as possible. It really was just a misunderstanding, (and I swear Im not cocky) that I took the wrong way. I look forward to seeing ya at the second look weekend.

I also got a phone call on Friday around 7pm Eastern Time, meaning 6pm Chicago time? I don't think anybody should freak out about the calls though because they could have caught you while you were on the train, no reception, blahblahblah. Stupid me though I didn't ask her whether there would be any mail sent out soon but she did tell me 2nd look "weekend" was April 15... which I noticed isn't a weekend but maybe i remembered incorrectly.

the letters were mailed today, not friday. i called the school and checked.

Well raven and taehong81, I guess we're all in the same boat. I hope that the staff merely forgot to update our status page. I was wondering if we can call admissions to see if a letter has actually been sent out. I'm praying that the letter comes as good news for all of us here, (and for those who had their status changed on the website).

And by the way, for those who get the acceptance letter in the mail, please let us know what it looks like. Congrats again to those who got the phone call!

I called and they told me that nothing had been done. But who knows... I also sent an email for some sure info, ill be on the line with the forum. +pissed+ +pissed+

just wondering...anybody hear anything? going crazy over here. :)

This is so agonizing! There is a letter in the mail on its way to New Jersey, and I'm about to be on a plane on my way to Missouri until Sunday! Plus all the family questions are going to come up when I get home... "So, heard from any medical schools lately?"

STOP THE MADNESS!!

tweeter,
i feel your pain...hope we get the letters(of acceptance :) --please!!) today...

not like i really know what's going on in the nu adcom's collective mind...

but i'll bet that the letters going out this round are accepts and rejects. since they have two decision-making times, doesn't it seem like potential waitlists would get rolled over to the next pool so they could be compared with the group interviewing between now and february?

then again, i could be wrong...

just watch...now the letter they've supposedly sent me will turn out to be a waitlist...:D

That's the general sentiment Topherius...

Odds are these are mainly acceptances since they waitlist most people rather than rejected them straight out (someone earlier stressed this happens when it's obvious that you're not a good match for their school)

Still... how big of an ass would you feel if you told family/friends that you got in over Thanksgiving, only to get the kibosh?

Best of luck all

Anyone hear anything by mail yet? I'm trying to decide whether to risk missing my flight by dropping by my apt to check the mail today :D

Hey Grumpy,
I checked the mail yesterday...in fact I stood by the mail box as the mailman was putting letters in.....trying to sneak a peak if he was putting a white letter into my box....but NADA....

instead STUPID safeway advertisement about turkeys and stuff....I don't care about thanksgiving....plzzzz...NU...plzzz send me my letter. I can't take it anymore...I have dreams and panic attacks all at the same time while sleeping:(

Harps

lol harps, ME TOO!! 'cept i didn't even get a safeway advertisement. my mailbox has been *completely* empty for the last two days. maybe I ticked off my mailperson :) It's going to be a loooooong thanksgiving holiday.

Grumpy,
Maybe today...maybe today. Since I am at school and my class ends at 12, I am going to stick around on campus until about 2 and then rush for the 2:30 mail drop....

dayyyuuumm...I've even the mail man's car license number down....:( sad I know...

Harps

i hope it's comin' today...please please please! i'm prayin for us :)

Northwestern University Class of 2008

It came today.

Nice!

Hella...

Congratulations man. I'm having a friend back at school check for me in a bit... otherwise it's gonna be a long holiday.

jonkst, did you receive a call from Dean Brown or no?

if not, this is excellent news for all of us!!!

congratulations!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats Jonkst!!

anal question: what size envelope??

I did not receive the call, so that's good news for everyone, and I don't know the envelope size, it went home and my folks called me.

Originally posted by Jonkst
Northwestern University Class of 2008

It came today.

Nice!

Congrats.

I'd say that everyone who's gotten a status change has been accepted. But I could be wrong. One never knows til lthe letter is in hand I suppose.

I got my letter from Northwestern today and it was also an acceptance! I did not receive a call from Dean Brown, so don't worry if you didn't. The letter comes in a big (like 9x12") manila envelope. Hopefully everyone else gets good news too. Keep us updated.

hey UCLAMAN did you teach a MCAT class at UCLA? With each post, I feel like I know you...it's weird.

finally got and turned in the nwestern app....let's hope another bruin will end up at nwestern.

Originally posted by JonnieQuest
hey UCLAMAN did you teach a MCAT class at UCLA? With each post, I feel like I know you...it's weird.

finally got and turned in the nwestern app....let's hope another bruin will end up at nwestern.

Nope...I was a covel commons tutor when i was at ucla and i taught kaplan mcat last year at the cal poly pomona satellite center and at ucr. i was also a sha at hedrick back in the day. i sure do miss those days. then again...i'm having a blast in medical school.

why do u feel like u know me?

Wooohoooo!!!

Letter came today and I found out while I was sitting interviewing for my state school. The whole rest of the interview I kept thinking to myself "Why am I even here... I'm going to NW!"

Today is a good day. It's time to celebrate...

Congratulations to those that have heard and have faith to those that will hear back in February.

StrngoutAS, are you in California?

Originally posted by StrngoutAS
Wooohoooo!!!

Letter came today and I found out while I was sitting interviewing for my state school. The whole rest of the interview I kept thinking to myself "Why am I even here... I'm going to NW!"

Today is a good day. It's time to celebrate...

Congratulations to those that have heard and have faith to those that will hear back in February.

Hmm...

state school as in a cali state school? is your location malibu, ca?

congrats on the accept tho. hope to meet u at second look weekend.

Nah not a Cali resident... i'm from las vegas.

Congrats guys :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm interviewing at NorthWestern(one of my top choices) in January and hope to join you guys in the next wave of acceptances !

CONGRATULATIONS to all of those who got the letter and acceptance:clap: :clap: :clap:

I loved NU! I just feel a tad bit out of the club...cause my letter hasn't come in yet:(

It would have been nice to celebrate thanks giving with the letter. Ah well, I'll just stalk the mailman on Friday:laugh:

Again, Congrats to those who got the acceptance. Be ready to live on Michigan Avenue!

Harps

I'm so happy for all of you guys!!!! :clap: :clap:
Hopefully we'll all be meeting up at the second look weekend ;)
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed all through thanksgiving dinner. Can't check my mail again until Sunday night... although I'd be up for paying someone to break into my mailbox on friday or sat :laugh:
Anyway, congrats again to all of you with good news, and for all that are still waiting, I feel your pain!

Originally posted by Harps
CONGRATULATIONS to all of those who got the letter and acceptance:clap: :clap: :clap:

I loved NU! I just feel a tad bit out of the club...cause my letter hasn't come in yet:(

It would have been nice to celebrate thanks giving with the letter. Ah well, I'll just stalk the mailman on Friday:laugh:

Again, Congrats to those who got the acceptance. Be ready to live on Michigan Avenue!

Harps

Harps,

if your status page changed I'd say most likely it is an acceptance. Just give it some time. Sux waiting, I know.

I have faith though. :)

Northwestern acceptance came today (Friday, Nov. 28). 2 for 2 bodes well... Waiting for the call from Stanford next Thursday!

congrats everyone :) i got in too! now to decide between NW and one of my state schools...crap!

I got the acceptance as well...and I too will be deciding between Northwestern...which has been my favorite school so far...or my state school!!! Congrats to all!