Normal day for Hem/Onc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrojanMan48

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the normal day would be like for a heme/onc? Like hours, stress level, etc? Also, what's the average compensation for a heme/onc in the southeast and how often are they on call? do they get to keep more regular hours? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

79 views and no one can help me? I've searched this forum 'til I'm blue in the face.....

And now it's up to 238... :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess that means everyone is interested, but no one is doing a Heme/Onc rotation.

TrojanMan48 said:
Can anyone tell me what the normal day would be like for a heme/onc? Like hours, stress level, etc? Also, what's the average compensation for a heme/onc in the southeast and how often are they on call? do they get to keep more regular hours? Thanks!

Well. I didn't do a heme/onc rotation myself. But my cousin is an heme/oncologist in a private local hospital in Northeast--two partners in the hospital's cancer center. Typically very regular hours from 8 to 5. Around 7-10 patients, mostly are follow ups. A couple of counsels from the floor. Stress levels are quite low, but it do make you more tired when a new patient come and you have to tell them the bad news. Have no idea about the southeast..