Non-Eu citizen, done residency in USA, then working in Europe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vagueclient

Reaction score
Hello everyone - asking for a friend. I am a non-EU citizen seeking a residency in the US currently. I was wondering if after being board certified in the US, would that help somewhat in the equalization and finding work in the EU in general? What EU countries would a US board certification help with during the equalization?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can only speak for Switzerland. If you did your residency outside of European Economic Area, Switzerland does not under any circumstances directly recognize your residency. However, if you're an EU citizen and you manage to have your residency recognized in some other EEA state, Switzerland can decide to recognize the recognition granted in that other EEA state. If you're not an EEA citizen, I don't see other possibilities. Unfortunately, I don't know what regulations are in other European countries, but generally it's not a straightforward process.

In general, you would have to re-do your residency here in Europe. You must also take into consideration the language.