Nobody can get a great score in part 1 with decks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rturgay

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is ridiciolus to say decks is enough for p1 to get great score.
study hard,have an opinion from everything especially underlined in ur handouts ,KRB,notes ,etc...
decks will not be enough for those who want to get a score that can be usefull for the future.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
Yeah, you're right. But after 3-4 years you start to slowly forget what you've previously studied. So you must have an elephant brain or to be a genius to "master" medicine/dentistry. I am lucky with my "elephant brain". :D
I am doing old released exams and decks for Part 2. I hope I will score over 80 next month - march.
See ya! :luck:

I used my 10 papers, from 1999-2006 to get 91 in my part 1.

can u tell me where did u get questionpapers of 2000, 2001 and 2004?? i have rest of them..i am appearing for my test in april..

i wish to work as a hygienist in north America, either Canada or the U.S. I am still in the process of trying to get approval to sit the NDHBE for the U.S.,

but i also wish to know more about studying for the Canadaian boards. i bought Dental Hygiene decks for the National board in the U.S. Wondering if there are any similar decks for the Canadian boards.

Does any one have old tests and their solutions for sale? that i can purchase?

I am a dental hygienist from New Zealand.

10ks!

u can also contact me via email: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
What are these "papers" everyone is referring to. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

jb

Not true. Most people on SDN who scored 95+ didn't touch Qbank or Kaplan's book. The old papers are definitely essential, though. Rturgay is right that studying hard during your first year or two of dental school is the best thing you can do to prepare for the boards. After you've done that, the decks and old tests are plenty if you are thorough with them. Other materials are good supplements, but scoring 90+ is absolutely possible with just the decks and old tests.

I agree, the OP isn't true in my opinion. I was in a small group that shared materials to prep, and we had only part 1 decks and a few old tests. Netted me a 95 (and a 97 and 98 for the other two lads).
IMO bottom line is your score ends up being more of a reflection of what you already know (i.e. from dental school or undergrad classes, etc) and not so much how much you cram.
Good luck with the exam.

hi,
are the ASDA reprints and the released test papers in the cd from 1970 to 1996 the same?if not pls tell me as i dont have the reprints..
thank you..