No II's in mid-December. How worried should I be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah **** OK. if you dont pledge in the South it's not the real deal
I'm referring to the racist Oklahoma frat incident

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly don't think the MCAT alone is holding you back OP. It very well might be, but I guarantee people with similar breakdowns have gotten in. A 124 B/B is slightly low, yes, but a 131 CARS is ridiculous and well-respected. I don't think adcoms throw out your application after seeing your B/B score, unless they have a subsection screening of 125. That does exist though I haven't heard of it for the schools on your list aside from what was mentioned about Keck in this thread.

What I see in your application is purely a lack of passion... Let me explain.

Scribing is becoming cookie-cutter; I say this as a scribe for the last 2+ years. It's a great and undervalued experience in my opinion, but it seems like everyone is doing it and it doesn't truly set you apart. Beyond scribing, you have really nothing to speak of - I'm not trying to sound mean, but a few shadowing and volunteer hours is effectively nothing when you're up against people who have 500+ hours of meaningful activity.

I think your grades, MCAT, and scribing show that you are cut out for/want a career in medicine, but what adcoms may be wondering is WHY you are pursuing this. Applicants with your stat profile are everywhere in application pools. You have to demonstrate passion towards medicine to make yourself stand out. What part of you is drawn to medicine? What activities have you done in your life that you can seamlessly connect to medicine? Think about connecting things your hobbies to medicine. What things do you enjoy in your life that have drawn you to pursue this career?

I think if you add some activities in/from your personal life that demonstrate passion and serving, you will find yourself doing well. Definitely ask, if possible, some of the schools you got rejected from to see what they are looking for. However, I guarantee that the reason you don't have any interviews yet is not SOLELY because of your MCAT distribution.

And don't lose all hope yet. There are still a lot of interviews to go out. I'm in the same situation as you with no interviews yet, and while it is discouraging, it's not all over yet. But now is the time to start evaluating your application and figuring out how to improve. Don't wait until April and be stuck with two months to try and figure something out. I personally am starting small; I know a deficit in my application is my MCAT, specifically CARS, so I'm starting practice passages again. Take a few minutes to write down some ideas and figure out where to go from here. Good luck with everything.

I second this. Add more volunteering and tie your experiences volunteering into why you want to be a physician (do something for at least 3 hours a week for over a year in some kind of clinical setting). That and a complete lack of research is a big turn off for many MD schools.

bruh. where you from? Do they use "wicked" as a noun, adjective, and a verb?
Nah man, we've progressed as a community to where a respectful nod followed by "bro..." can be everything and more :)