No Idea What to Study With

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rick Harrison

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a second-semester sophomore and plan on studying for the DAT this summer and taking it near the beginning/middle of the fall of 2020. I want to study for the DAT this summer but I am completely clueless on what materials/study plan I should use. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have heard about DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer, Kaplin, and several other study materials but I have no clue which one people seem to recommend. Do any of these programs have summer plans that I could follow to help me during the summer? Do these materials also include practice exams and videos to help me relearn some of the general chemistry/bio/math since it has been a while since I have taken these classes? I also will be working ~15 hours a week at a dental lab as a technician and ~15 hours a week as a dental assistant for an oral surgeon so I was wondering which study programs seem to be the best with a somewhat busy work schedule. Thank you all for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

There are many materials on the market, read the reviews here and I am sure you have friends or a advisor at your school that can recommend. The most important thing is that you get started and devise a study plan that works for you. All students are different and the process can be overwhelming but with a plan is is quite doable. The best advice I can give any student is do not take the DAT exam until you are fully prepared, no matter how long that takes.

Wishing you the best, #think30

Nancy

I am currently a second-semester sophomore and plan on studying for the DAT this summer and taking it near the beginning/middle of the fall of 2020. I want to study for the DAT this summer but I am completely clueless on what materials/study plan I should use. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have heard about DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer, Kaplin, and several other study materials but I have no clue which one people seem to recommend. Do any of these programs have summer plans that I could follow to help me during the summer? Do these materials also include practice exams and videos to help me relearn some of the general chemistry/bio/math since it has been a while since I have taken these classes? I also will be working ~15 hours a week at a dental lab as a technician and ~15 hours a week as a dental assistant for an oral surgeon so I was wondering which study programs seem to be the best with a somewhat busy work schedule. Thank you all for your help!!
A bit late to the party, but you definitely should check out some of the breakdowns on SDN. The longer ones are especially useful because they cover pretty much everything from head to toe of a studying technique. They helped me a ton in deciding which resource to focus on. I ended up choosing the Destroyer products and PATBooster, and that was an excellent decision for me (and many others). I think it was great because a physical book has no expiration date, so you can use it for as long as you need to study.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile