NIDDK Medical Student Research Program in Diabetes or Vanderbilt SRTP 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YaleBound

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here waiting to hear back from the NIDDK Medical Student Research Program in Diabetes or Vanderbilt SRTP?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here waiting to hear back from the NIDDK Medical Student Research Program in Diabetes or Vanderbilt SRTP?

Currently waiting for NIDDK! I applied to UWash in Seattle and UI in Indianapolis. Where did you apply?

Reactions: 1 user
Currently waiting for NIDDK! I applied to UWash in Seattle and UI in Indianapolis. Where did you apply?
I'm waiting for UAB and Vanderbilt. I also applied to Vanderbilt's SRTP, so either program would be good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a pretty big exam, so I only applied the day it was due. I had applied to NIDDK a few weeks before though.
A couple friends got turned down, and they applied in December, but I haven't heard back yet, so I was wondering how they were processing the apps. (Maybe no news is good news? Fingers crossed).

Hey all, I got accepted into Vanderbilt SRTP and matched at Yale for the NIDDK program on Tuesday. I don't think application timing matters--I submitted close to the deadline for both and neither do rolling admissions to my knowledge.

Hey all, I got accepted into Vanderbilt SRTP and matched at Yale for the NIDDK program on Tuesday. I don't think application timing matters--I submitted close to the deadline for both and neither do rolling admissions to my knowledge.
I think there has to be rolling admissions for NIDDK because each site must have a different review process, no?

Waiting to hear back for NIDDK, chose Columbia and Yale as my first choices. Good luck everyone!

I think there has to be rolling admissions for NIDDK because each site must have a different review process, no?

I don't think it's rolling. I think each site just reviews on a different schedule. If they all start accepting only after the deadline, then it wouldn't be rolling... And I don't think any of them were accepting before.

I don't think it's rolling. I think each site just reviews on a different schedule. If they all start accepting only after the deadline, then it wouldn't be rolling... And I don't think any of them were accepting before.
Ah got it, sorry I'd misunderstood. You're right

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply to any of the NIDDK program's sites in the west or northwest?

Last edited:
I applied to NIDDK for Columbia and Upenn, no news yet!

I applied to NIDDK for the UCSD and Columbia locations. Also haven't heard anything!

Waiting to hear back from University of Michigan for NIDDK, has anyone heard from them?

I've applied to SRTP, NIDDK (Boston and UAB), and the SPORT program for Maryland. Still waiting to hear back. FYI, the confirmation email from SRTP after I submitted my app stated they used a rolling admissions process. Good luck to everyone!

I've applied to SRTP, NIDDK (Boston and UAB), and the SPORT program for Maryland. Still waiting to hear back. FYI, the confirmation email from SRTP after I submitted my app stated they used a rolling admissions process. Good luck to everyone!
Yeah, looking back at the SRTP confirmation it does say rolling.

Apparently Michigan sent out lists on 3/7. No e-mail= no offer.

How did you find that out? Do you know which other schools already made offers?
I e-mailed the coordinator. I'm not sure what other schools have made offers, but she mentioned that she had requested their lists by the end of this week.

I spoke with the coordinator today. She mentioned Columbia has given out just about all of their acceptances so if you haven't heard from them yet it's most likely not gonna happen. However, UCSD has not accepted anyone yet.

Last edited:
I spoke with the coordinator today. She mentioned Columbia has given out just about all of their acceptances so if you haven't heard from them yet it's most likely not gonna happen. However, USCD has not accepted anyone yet.

Still waiting to hear from UW in Seattle. Did you email her, or did you speak to her on the phone?

just got my acceptance email for the SRTP program for diabetes research! Guess I didn't get into the NIDDK program. anybody know what the difference between these two programs are? (or atleast, between Vandy SRTP and Vandy NIDDK?)

just got my acceptance email for the SRTP program for diabetes research! Guess I didn't get into the NIDDK program. anybody know what the difference between these two programs are? (or atleast, between Vandy SRTP and Vandy NIDDK?)
why do you think you didn't get the NIDDK?

I kind of just assume I didn't because I got into the SRTP program. Might seem redundant to get acceptances into both programs at Vandy, but I'm not entirely sure how similar/different these programs are

Didn't get MSRP, email said all sites are practically filled, so if you haven't gotten acceptance yet, it's doubtful. I'm still waiting on SRTP though :/

Didn't get MSRP, email said all sites are practically filled, so if you haven't gotten acceptance yet, it's doubtful. I'm still waiting on SRTP though :/

I did email SRTP a week or two ago and she told me the kidney/hypertension committee would be meeting soon. That's what I put as my first choice when I applied

I did email SRTP a week or two ago and she told me the kidney/hypertension committee would be meeting soon. That's what I put as my first choice when I applied
Yeah that was my first choice, too. They met last Thursday. No info since.