SRTP and NIDDK Summer Programs 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pigsinacloth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not seen any threads about this yet so I figured I might as well start one for 2022. I think it is early, but has anyone heard anything from these programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone apply to Mayo Clinic's SRF? I havent heard back

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from any other summer programs? Like MIR SRP or FAER MSARF?

I got accepted to NIDDK for UW this morning :)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from others who have done the program? Did they like their experience?

Anyone ever did this program before, is it like a 9-5? I got the UW acceptance was wondering how housing was and if the host labs would help us find something affordable.

Did all programs already fill their spots? Or are some programs still getting back to people?
I have not heard back yet either way from any of the programs I applied so I imagine they are probably still trying to match people.

If we are not selected, do they let us know or do they just ghost? Like one of the programs I applied to said they would notify us by late February. But just got in touch with them and they said they won’t let me know decisions until after 2 weeks. I’m confused lol.

If we are not selected, do they let us know or do they just ghost? Like one of the programs I applied to said they would notify us by late February. But just got in touch with them and they said they won’t let me know decisions until after 2 weeks. I’m confused lol.
I assumed they would be nice and let us know, but I guess that might not be the case. I guess to find out for sure we would have to email them and ask about the status of our individual applications.

Reactions: 1 users
I also got accepted to Vanderbilt STRP 2 days ago but I declined it so hopefully it goes to one of y’all :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted into Vanderbilt SRTP and NIDDK at Washu! I believe they are both rolling

Anyone heard anything from NIDDK Joslin? Also Yale applicants, were we put at a disadvantage because they told us Yale wouldn't be participating until after the deadline to submit?

Anyone heard anything from NIDDK Joslin? Also Yale applicants, were we put at a disadvantage because they told us Yale wouldn't be participating until after the deadline to submit?
I have not heard back yet and maybe we were at a slight disadvantage, but I think it's a match system so I don't know how big a difference that would have made unless you were going to apply to one of the sites that filled early.

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard from students in the past that these programs dont really check your resume or applications that much, or at least scrutinize them. They just match you to whatever project is available based on your interests. Is that correct?

Just as an update I was officially rejected from the NIDDK program. Luckily I was accepted to a different program that is directly related to my preferred specialty so I am not broken up about the news. I just wanted to let people know that you're probably still in consideration if you have not heard back yet.

No news on SRTP, but I will update if I hear back from them.