Next week...

ToldYouSo

Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Ap week! Wow, ok so I am shooting for a 2 in calc and I will be happy X)
I managed to get a 3 or 4 in every exam ive taken b4 but I think calc will ruin it.

I have 4 exams, and happy we get to go home after them, who wants to be in school after those?

Everyone who is taking ap's good luck! What exams is everyone else taking? Go to sleep early and eat something with nutrients and sustenance on test day.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking three this year. We don't get to go home after them. :(

Just cataloging my AP experience here.

Last year:
-AP Physics. Got a 3. Won't receive any college credit because you need at least a 4 at my university. I don't want to place out of Physics anyway, so it's all good.
-AP Language and Composition. Got a 5. Will go towards my English requirement, which I'm happy about because I don't care much for english classes (although I love writing, but I figure I'll do plenty of it in other courses).

This year:
-AP Calculus. I'm not sure how I'm going to approach this one. I might just show up to it without much studying and get a 3 like I did with Physics. I wouldn't mind repeating it next year, and I'm not really interested in taking upper division math courses.
-AP Biology. I'm pretty set on majoring in a biological science (leaning toward Microbiology), so this might end up being useless.
-AP Literature and Composition. If this is anything like Lang & Comp, I'll be thrilled. It'd be nice to get out of the general education literature requirement.

Good luck, everyone.

I'm taking three this year. We don't get to go home after them. :(

Just cataloging my AP experience here.

Last year:
-AP Physics. Got a 3. Won't receive any college credit because you need at least a 4 at my university. I don't want to place out of Physics anyway, so it's all good.
-AP Language and Composition. Got a 5. Will go towards my English requirement, which I'm happy about because I don't care much for english classes (although I love writing, but I figure I'll do plenty of it in other courses).

This year:
-AP Calculus. I'm not sure how I'm going to approach this one. I might just show up to it without much studying and get a 3 like I did with Physics. I wouldn't mind repeating it next year, and I'm not really interested in taking upper division math courses.
-AP Biology. I'm pretty set on majoring in a biological science (leaning toward Microbiology), so this might end up being useless.
-AP Literature and Composition. If this is anything like Lang & Comp, I'll be thrilled. It'd be nice to get out of the general education literature requirement.

Good luck, everyone.

You got 5 on Lang and Comp...you will DEFINATELY get a 5 on Lit and Comp..its the easier test. I got a 2 on Language, and a 4 on Lit

Members don't see this ad :)
You got 5 on Lang and Comp...you will DEFINATELY get a 5 on Lit and Comp..its the easier test. I got a 2 on Language, and a 4 on Lit
I got a 4 on all four of my exams last year. I found AP Lang and Comp to be very easy, but this year I'm taking AP Lit and Comp and doing practice tests it's definitely the harder one for me. I didn't even study for the AP Lang and Comp one. I think it depends on the type of person you are...

I don't get to go home after them either :(

I have Physics B and Calc BC this year. I'm hoping to get a 3 on physics (teacher is TERRIBLE and I've been slacking too) but I'm sure I'll get a 5 on the calc. Next year, I'll have Chem, Stats, Lang/Comp. And the year after that, Bio and Lit/Comp. I'm really wondering if I should take Spanish...but I hate spanish...same with history...I hate english too, so I have no clue why I'm taking AP for them.

I got a 4 on all four of my exams last year. I found AP Lang and Comp to be very easy, but this year I'm taking AP Lit and Comp and doing practice tests it's definitely the harder one for me. I didn't even study for the AP Lang and Comp one. I think it depends on the type of person you are...

I thought it was statistical that more students pass AP Lit than AP Language. I remember seeing a paper that my principal showed me of national statistics where AP Lit had a better pass rate than Lang.

But of course, it could be based on the person...but personally, i think that if you got a 5 in Language...you would get at least a 4 on lit if not a 5. Make sure you update us when its time!

Good luck to everyone :)

Don't study too hard.

taking AP lang & comp....my first (and last) AP test, hoping for a 3. I haven't actually taken the AP class, so just winging it i guess. tips please?

I have Physics B and Calc BC this year. I'm hoping to get a 3 on physics (teacher is TERRIBLE and I've been slacking too) but I'm sure I'll get a 5 on the calc. Next year, I'll have Chem, Stats, Lang/Comp. And the year after that, Bio and Lit/Comp. I'm really wondering if I should take Spanish...but I hate spanish...same with history...I hate english too, so I have no clue why I'm taking AP for them.
You're allowed to take APs as a sophmore? /jealous

We weren't allowed to. The only one available was AP Gov.

I thought it was statistical that more students pass AP Lit than AP Language. I remember seeing a paper that my principal showed me of national statistics where AP Lit had a better pass rate than Lang.
Oh, I wouldn't know that.

But of course, it could be based on the person...but personally, i think that if you got a 5 in Language...you would get at least a 4 on lit if not a 5. Make sure you update us when its time!
I will! :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone :)

Don't study too hard.
lol I never study too hard. I'm the lazy/do nothing yet do well type.

taking AP lang & comp....my first (and last) AP test, hoping for a 3. I haven't actually taken the AP class, so just winging it i guess. tips please?
Hmm. Have you looked at book resources?

You're allowed to take APs as a sophmore? /jealous

We weren't allowed to. The only one available was AP Gov.
Yep, sophomores get to take AP classes. Freshman dont. AP gov? that's only for seniors in my school

OMG that test was a major pain, i hope I scraped at least a 3 but the essays were...weird not like anything I was expecting.

I took US Government on Monday and have Macroeconomics, English Language, and Human Geography next week. 3 exams in 3 days, should be fun....

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, sophomores get to take AP classes. Freshman dont. AP gov? that's only for seniors in my school
lol

OMG that test was a major pain, i hope I scraped at least a 3 but the essays were...weird not like anything I was expecting.
AP Stats free-response was surprsingly easy for me.

I took US Government on Monday and have Macroeconomics, English Language, and Human Geography next week. 3 exams in 3 days, should be fun....
It should. xD

Yesterday I had CompSci and then straight into Stats. T___T

I'm so jealous, we are not allowed to take any AP classes until junior year and then its only the histories. Then, senior year we can take history (if we don't take calc), Calc AB, Physics B, Chemisty, and English literature.

Last year I took AP Euro and got a 3. This year I'm taking the calc and the other classes listed above. I think I passed the calculus, but I'm awful at physics and not looking forward to english tommorrow because I do horrible on all the pratice multiple choice (but my teacher is kind of bad and talks while we're taking them), but my school is big on writing and I usually do good on that, so we'll see.

Good luck everyone with your tests:)

Edit: Lol, the English Lit test was definately a lot easier than the pratice tests we've been taking in class.

Last edited:
lol I never study too hard. I'm the lazy/do nothing yet do well type.

Just F@CK off man (I meant to say "that's nice dude" in real life :) ). You should die in college.

I am the type who studies a lot to get an A. :(

Calc BC today...the MC was "too spicy" and the FR was just plain awesome :) FR saved my ass I think...probably got a 5. Hows everyone else's APs going?

I decided not to take the AP US Government exam despite taking the class, but tomorrow is my AP English Literature exam and the following Monday is AP Biology. In my practice exams for lit I've been receiving 4's and 5's, so I'm expecting to do semi-decent tomorrow. The college I will soon be attending doesn't really have the traditional 'general education' requirements. Instead I need to take classes that cover three broad divisions; all the classes going toward my Neuroscience major or medical school prerequisites will cover them completely, so AP credits aren't really needed (or can be used to fulfill these requirements). I'm only taking the AP English Literature exam because I have the highest grade in the class, and AP Biology exam because I absolutely love the subject matter.

Yesterday: Took ap lit and comp, I rly liked it and thought I did well

Wednesday: Took calc ab ALOT better than I thought I would do, not sure if I managed a 3 though

Monday: Gov. and politics: I thgouth for sure I would do poorly, but it wasn't THAT bad. I'll be very happy with a 3.

And I take ap bio this monday, am really sure i'll get a 4 or a 5.

Yesterday: Took ap lit and comp, I rly liked it and thought I did well
I thought it was surprisingly easy. Although the last essay question was kind of really broad...

And I take ap bio this monday, am really sure i'll get a 4 or a 5.
Bio is a piece of cake. :thumbup:

I thought it was surprisingly easy. Although the last essay question was kind of really broad...

Bio is a piece of cake. :thumbup:
Yeah the last question could've worked for so many things... I ended up using Tale of Two Cities since I loved that book and it works well.

Yeah the last question could've worked for so many things... I ended up using Tale of Two Cities since I loved that book and it works well.
Ah. I ended up using Chronicles of a Death Foretold as I wrote so many essays on it this year.

Congrats on all the good work this week guys! Monday will be my first this year, AP Bio, and then I have my only other one on Wed, AP Language... thank God for Dual Enrollment classes...

why am i the only person who has an exam this wednesday? they better not have told me the wrong day...

I have AP Language this Wednesday...

Btw, does anyone else thing the AP Bio exam was pretty non-traumatic, or is it just me?

I heard people thought the AP BIO essay was hard, but I dunno. I took AP physics. Only 20 people in my class...and we were like WTF

I am done with AP testing. :thumbup:

Calc was a little difficult. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't feel like the same subject we'd spent all year learning. Probably got a 3. I'm fine with retaking it next year.

Lit and Comp felt similar to Lang and Comp. That means college credit, hopefully.

Biology, as expected, was pretty easy. I think I skipped four questions and was sure on most of the ones I did answer. The essays were alright; hopefully my multiple choice score will cushion any deficiency in my essay score.

Only 1.5 days of high school left (plus one day of finals). I'm so relieved to be done.

This year

Calculus BC - know I failed
Lit and Comp - pass
Bio - passs
Psych (scared!!)
Eco - scared!!

I am done with AP testing. :thumbup:

Calc was a little difficult. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't feel like the same subject we'd spent all year learning. Probably got a 3. I'm fine with retaking it next year.

Lit and Comp felt similar to Lang and Comp. That means college credit, hopefully.

Biology, as expected, was pretty easy. I think I skipped four questions and was sure on most of the ones I did answer. The essays were alright; hopefully my multiple choice score will cushion any deficiency in my essay score.

Only 1.5 days of high school left (plus one day of finals). I'm so relieved to be done.

Good to know... haha, I kept on telling myself in the multiple choice "You have to get as many as you can right here because you know those essays are going to kill you." Then the essays really weren't that bad so I was pretty excited by the end of it...

Congrats!

I'm glad AP exams are over and done with - for this year anyways! I can't wait until the results come though.

This year

Calculus BC - know I failed
Lit and Comp - pass
Bio - passs
Psych (scared!!)
Eco - scared!!
At the end of the multiple choice in Psychology I was totally out of it. I think that the short responses were pretty easy though.

I took the AP Human Geography exam and got a 4 I think. I'm planning on taking AP Chem next year so I'll have a variety of exams that I hopefully will pass.

Ick, I've heard AP Chem's a rough exam.

Personally, I've heard that AP Basketweaving is the most difficult to pass.

Oooh, yup I heard that one is a toughy too. Almost as bad as BC Calc, but then again it is basketweaving.

... are you following me Tib?

Yeah, let's call it following.

It sounds better than 'stalking'. Less creepy. More legal.

True.

But calling it "following" makes you no less of a creeper, love.

Don't worry. I know you like those college boys.

(It's more because you and I are the only ones here, but hey...)

True this, but it's almost always that way.

Haha, don't forget about Jeff! :cool:

Oh. Just checking... we can't leave out or favorite can we?

Good to know then.

I took :

Psych (dominated that test)
Stats (did ok-ish)
Late/alternate English Lit and Comp (Dominated me in every sense of the word.:()