MCAT NEXT Week

hscott

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the AAMC's 2017 mock MCAT this Saturday and the real MCAT the following Saturday. This only gives me 7 days to efficiently study my weakest areas (determined by the mock exam) before the real deal. Does anyone have any super efficient studying tips they can impart. Personally, when studying for classes, I have to use notecards and or typing/writing to effectively learn new conceptual material, and practice problems for subjects like physics and gen chem.

Also of note, I am currently a graduate student taking 15 hours this semester, one of which is vet physiology II (which I've been told is fairly comparable to medical school physiology in difficulty level), so I need to be sure I don't fall too far behind in my current coursework as well.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you taken any prior practice exams either from a company or AAMC? How long have you been studying?

Reactions: 1 user
:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I've taken previous practice MCATs before, and I've been studying for the entire Christmas break. Should I really change the date? This is my first real exam, so I only know what to expect based off previous practice exams.

I've taken previous practice MCATs before, and I've been studying for the entire Christmas break. Should I really change the date? This is my first real exam, so I only know what to expect based off previous practice exams.
I studied for 5 solid months and took about 8 practice FLs which allowed me to score in the 92nd percentile. I would be very wary of taking it if I were you, sorry. If you feel it went very badly, void at the end of the exam.

Depending on your education you might not have to take THAT many FLs, but almost everyone I talked to said they did at least 5 FLs (including people that did in the 90+ percentile)

And no matter how good your school is you still need to do content review. You could probably do less if you've taken some kind of anatomy course because I've seen a bunch of anatomy concepts not covered in any of the pre-med reqs I've taken. But if not you'll definitely need more time to learn it

I don't think that's enough time. If you feel as if you are ready, then take it. But I personally would not a risk high-stakes exam like that.

I am taking the AAMC's 2017 mock MCAT this Saturday and the real MCAT the following Saturday. This only gives me 7 days to efficiently study my weakest areas (determined by the mock exam) before the real deal. Does anyone have any super efficient studying tips they can impart. Personally, when studying for classes, I have to use notecards and or typing/writing to effectively learn new conceptual material, and practice problems for subjects like physics and gen chem.

Also of note, I am currently a graduate student taking 15 hours this semester, one of which is vet physiology II (which I've been told is fairly comparable to medical school physiology in difficulty level), so I need to be sure I don't fall too far behind in my current coursework as well.

Thanks for the help!
Any updates?