Newbie DAT questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xjoohn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I have few questions about DAT,

1) When is the best time to take the DAT? Currently 2nd semester Sophomore.

2) How much are chad's videos? Can I just subscribe one month?

Members don't see this ad.

1) I would take the DAT after you finished the 2nd semester organic chemistry. That way you still have it fresh in your memory and gen chem is also still there....

2) You can buy chad's videos individually for ~$4 I believe or you subscribe to all of them which includes gen chem, orgo and QR. 1 month is $40, 2 months is $70 and 3 months is $85.

I agree, take it right after Ochem or even biochem, you'll be glad you did. I graduated in August and just about had to relearn everything again.

I used the kaplan blue book, flashcard exchange, crack dat (dont get the science version it SUCKS because i kept on scoring a 15 on it because the questions were horrible, get crack PAT and MATH if anything, its excellent!)I did not use chads videos. My weak point was always gchem. I studied for 3 months anywhere from 2-10 hours a day. For gchem I used chemguy.com. You pay like 10 dollars and get access to hundreds of very good chemistry videos (basically like a lecture). This guy has an excellent way of teaching it to you. And he's kind of entertaining LOL. You may have not been weak in that area, but that's what I used.

I took my DAT yesterday and scored 24 PAT/24 TS/23 AA :)

I agree, take it right after Ochem or even biochem, you'll be glad you did. I graduated in August and just about had to relearn everything again.

I used the kaplan blue book, flashcard exchange, crack dat (dont get the science version it SUCKS because i kept on scoring a 15 on it because the questions were horrible, get crack PAT and MATH if anything, its excellent!)I did not use chads videos. My weak point was always gchem. I studied for 3 months anywhere from 2-10 hours a day. For gchem I used chemguy.com. You pay like 10 dollars and get access to hundreds of very good chemistry videos (basically like a lecture). This guy has an excellent way of teaching it to you. And he's kind of entertaining LOL. You may have not been weak in that area, but that's what I used.

I took my DAT yesterday and scored 24 PAT/24 TS/23 AA :)

After Ochem would be this summer, but I only took one semester of biology. I will most likely just get Chad's video to brush up chemistry section before the exam. I'm not too worried about chemistry, but my weak point is definitely biology... What did you study for biology section of DAT? you have excellent scores!

Members don't see this ad :)
Biology is soooo broad, and there is a very good chance you will not know something. So just understand as many concepts as possible. I read the Kaplan blue book about 3 times and Barron's DAT about 3 times. I took both Barron's practice test A&b and the 2 on the cd. Don't forget about plant biology which is not included on the Kaplan blue book. I also took the 2 given by Kaplan. I kept on freaking out during my studying. I could never put in a full day of studying during the week because I am working on a masters degree, working, and dental shadowing. I would mentally review key biology material in my head during the day while at work. If I didn't feel comfortable with it, I would google it to refresh my memory LOL. I also took a few peeks at my campbell biology book every now and then. It paid off!!!

I'm also a sophomore and I plan on studying for the DAT and taking it over summer, but I've taken a lot more Bio than you.

If you don't take it this summer, then you'll have to take it at the same time your taking classes unless you take it early next summer and apply ASAP. I didn't want to study for DAT + classes which is why I'm forcing myself to take it this summer....bleh x_x

Even having taken only one semester of Bio, you could do a good job learning the majority of what you need to do given the right resources to study. Good luck:D:thumbup: