Newbie [Canadian] Wanting to Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldestroyer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So a little bit about myself, I've coasted through University with a 3.95 on a 4.0 scale studying 1-2 days before each test I've taken. I don't enjoy studying much but I try to be as efficient as possible and I know the methods that work for me. I'm a good test taker but I think my reading section is going to be weak on the DAT.

I can't really find a consensus for study material. I'm looking at purchasing a set with Kaplan Blue Book + Flash Cards, Canadian Dental Association DAT Manuals, some soaps, and IQ Publications books for PAT, Chemistry and Bio and Reading.

Is that enough? I've read about DAT Destroyer, Chad's videos, but not sure if any of that stuff is necessary.

Not looking to go crazy on this exam but I'd like to get a pretty good score! I can't imagine more than average 3 hours for 5-6 days a night for 6 weeks.

What should I do about practice exams?

Thanks in advance,

dentaldestroyer

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't want to spend more than a few hours a day, chad's videos and destroyer are must buys. The flashcards and kaplan alone won't get you as far for the same amount of time in my opnion

Check my breakdown in my signature. I really stand by my suggestions.

I studied about 4-5 hours a day for three months and came out with scores that exceeded my expectations.