Newark Beth Isreal - Children's of NJ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lg2005

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any thought on this pediatric residency?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about Beth Israel, but I would guess that if you were going to pick a program in the immediate area, the UMDNJ-NJMS program is much tighter.

Jaluv said:
I don't know much about Beth Israel, but I would guess that if you were going to pick a program in the immediate area, the UMDNJ-NJMS program is much tighter.

I see that you are from New York, which residency on the east coast (NJ/NY) have you heard good things about? I don;t care where I go as long as the teaching and the envornment is all accepting and people friendly.

ladyj said:
I see that you are from New York, which residency on the east coast (NJ/NY) have you heard good things about? I don;t care where I go as long as the teaching and the envornment is all accepting and people friendly.

Of course, opinions are biased with each person having various values/ expectations.... but along the interview trail I have heard good things about Stonybrook and UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson. I personally interviewed at Maimonides, Good Samaritan, UMDNJ -SOM in Camden , Newark Beth Israel. I have heard not so good things about LIJ - "Schneider's Children's Hospital (although it seems to be "reputable" on the island, more of a status thing). I know someone who transferred out of it and was not happy despite being very smart going into it and havinga good work ethic. So don't know there. I will be going the Newark - Children's Hospital of NJ. The facilities are great....new PICU state of the art, large NICU, Hem/onc wing, etc....only downside is the area it is located in - very dangerous, rough neighborhood. But you can't have everything right? ANd I am sure that I will get a good education there.
Hope this helps.