new york interveiw experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ketu229

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys

many of you have had interview at nyu ...can you share the experience here on the separate thread.....

ketu

Members don't see this ad.

I am having my interview at nyu in march.
Could anybody share their experiences with us,so that we will be
having some clue about the interview.

hi,
- the interview at nyu starts at 8.00am
-there are about 4 to 5 different interviewers and you are called
by any one of the interviewer{my interviewer was ms. Amy knowles}
- the questions asked by all the interviewers were almost same
- basically they asked about your strongest and weakest points,more about why you like dentistry?,why do you want to come to nyu?do you know anybody studying here?how are you in basic sciences?any unique experience in dentistry that you are proud of? etc......
- then there is the tour of the college
- next the financial aid info...
- lunch with senior students....
- you are free to go home at about 1 or 2 p.m.:D
the interview is very cool,just relax and be prepared with questions you would like to ask them.
all the best to everyone, hope this info is of help.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks simms,

its great that you had a good experience out there.
did you get any reply from them, how do the interveiwee behave ...I mean are they rude or nice

god luck dds fight .........

thanx for the info.
best luck to ketu229

hi ketu and ddsfight,

could u pls tell me when u got an interview call.I have been waiting for the interview.I will be waiting for ur answer
thank u.

ALL THE BEST FOR UR INTERVIEW

hi ganesha
i applied to nyu in oct got interview call only by dec end.
i have chosen feb 19 as my my interview date.
y dont u call thm and ask thm abt ur application status.

thanks ddsfight

ganesha

I had applied in first week of november and I got the call last week.....I advice you to call them and ask your status ....they really take time to do this......whenever I called them they always said that you will receive a letter soon but ultimately I received it last week I mean end february...

good luck ann 03 ....if you have some good tips please post it here ...thanks

hi ann and kettu

thks for the reply....i have been calling them but no answer
may be u guys have good scores.......i have only 86 in part 1 ........wish u guys all the best in ur interview.wish to meet u guys
in interview.

hi ganesha,

dont worry you will get a call soon,
I have 85 so you will will get it ...ok

86 is not at all bad.i have a 87 u will get the interview card soon

thks ann n ketu..............hoping for the best.....when i saw nyu rejections thread,i got really upset.........lets wait n see.

Hi ,

I had interveiw yesterday (12th Feb) , it was great.
I arrived there at 8:00 , as I reached to 19th floor I saw everyone sitting in the chairs very neat and dressed well. And I was travelling from connecticut by train so till the tim eI reach there had become a bit shabby. Then I headed to restroom and came back with a glamor on my face. The people out there are very nice.
The interveiw were going on, each person coming out was like okay, one or two of them were asked about the dental related questions and so they were a bit upset.
Then came my interveiw turn, the old professor came looking for me since he could not pronounce my name. I want with him and started the interveiw.
First question he asked was when did you graduate?
Are you married ? do you have KIds?
then he satrted speaking about his grad daughter who has just joined as a sophomore.
then he asked about my strenght and weakness?
how many schools did you apply? and which one do you prefer?

thats it those were the questions .....I answered all the questions nicely. He was continueously prassing me that you are god and going very well.....overall it was very nice and remember one thing when you go there relaxed and have a snile on your face....
since this was first interveiw I didnt how it would be , but it turned out to be very good ...........

the person who interveiwed me was very nice and jovial so I enjoyed it.

then was the tour of college, the equipments they have are really great......and ofcourse the research center and rosenthal aesthetic department is gorgues...

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU

IF YOU WANT TO SOME THING MORE PLEASE pm ME

Members don't see this ad :)
hey ketu.
nice review.
could u share ur scores..gpa.and when did u apply?
have u also taken ur part2?

hi ketu,

congrats ..........dont worry u will get admission.........i didn't get a interview call......................can u pls tell me how many people attended ..........do u have any idea about how many seats are left.....................are they ready to invite any more for the interview................waiting badly for nyu interview...hoping for the best.............

all the best for ur result.............

hi ganesha,
i too am in the same boat as you.i too havent heard from NYU .. eagerly waiting to hear from there.
my stats are:89,3.61,253.:( i am losing hopes of getting admitted into a dental school this year...

Ganesha,

Dont worry there are lot of seats left, as far as you have not received a rejection letter keep your fingers crossed. you will get a call soon. there are lot of seats remaining since many people who were accpted at NYU also were accepted somewhere else so they choose the other option. That is the reason that you will get a call.

callous
my GPA is 3.31
NBDE 85
TOefl 260

I did not take part II

dont worry you all will get a call soon

thks ketu for ur encouragement......

hi mili,

dont worry......why r u worried ........u can try in other colleges also...u have good scores ........lets hope for the best.

BELIEVE IN GOD NOTHING WILL GO WRONG.

Hi every one,
Coming to the interview at NYU, I can say that it is the coolest interview one can have. My sincere suggestion is that, know pros and cons of the NYU and other sincere suggestion is, dont have food in that cafeteria. First time in usa, i could see that kind of food. It sucksssssssssss

hahhahahhaha :idea:

All the best to you all

i have a question regarding nyu application..did any one of you use a notarized copy of the transcript and the diploma for initial evaluation..and then when he gets accepted provide an official one?

Originally posted by gsmm
i have a question regarding nyu application..did any one of you use a notarized copy of the transcript and the diploma for initial evaluation..and then when he gets accepted provide an official one?

Yes.

Originally posted by ketu229
Hi ,

I had interveiw yesterday (12th Feb) , it was great.
I arrived there at 8:00 , as I reached to 19th floor I saw everyone sitting in the chairs very neat and dressed well. And I was travelling from connecticut by train so till the tim eI reach there had become a bit shabby. Then I headed to restroom and came back with a glamor on my face. The people out there are very nice.
The interveiw were going on, each person coming out was like okay, one or two of them were asked about the dental related questions and so they were a bit upset.
Then came my interveiw turn, the old professor came looking for me since he could not pronounce my name. I want with him and started the interveiw.
First question he asked was when did you graduate?
Are you married ? do you have KIds?
then he satrted speaking about his grad daughter who has just joined as a sophomore.
then he asked about my strenght and weakness?
how many schools did you apply? and which one do you prefer?

thats it those were the questions .....I answered all the questions nicely. He was continueously prassing me that you are god and going very well.....overall it was very nice and remember one thing when you go there relaxed and have a snile on your face....
since this was first interveiw I didnt how it would be , but it turned out to be very good ...........

the person who interveiwed me was very nice and jovial so I enjoyed it.

then was the tour of college, the equipments they have are really great......and ofcourse the research center and rosenthal aesthetic department is gorgues...

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU

IF YOU WANT TO SOME THING MORE PLEASE pm ME

The last time I checked, NYU had only 11 floors :laugh: . I know waiting in those crowded elevators that stop at each and every floor might give you an idea that it is like 19 floors.

Yeah, the labs and the rosenthal institute are state of the art. You'd also get hands on experience with some of the latest technologies going around.

Dr.hannibal

Hey Ketu..

Looks like we got the same interviewer.. Dr. Weisselberg (hope i got the spelling rt.. actually Im pretty sure I haven't) is such a sweetheart.. the best interviewer I've had. In fact I think if i had to rate my interview experiences.. stress level, access to facilities during the tour, competency of the person taking the tour, interviewer and even the food (krishhhh, looks like u and I dint pick the same thing :D).. i think NYU would top my list. Very cool.

Tasha

sorry Dr hannible
that was by mistake I mean I misprint ...it has only 11 floors.

tasha,
yes he was very nice and since it was my first interveiw I really liked the way he interveiwed me........

krissh,
I agree with you for the food.....I am vegetarian and what I had was I dont know myself........but anyway was not forced to eat.....so ate chips and salads........

i hear that ny interviewers gives their feedback right away... so is this always the case? does everyone know in his interview if he is accepted or not?

ketu,ganesha
thanx a lot for ur kind words..i am keeping my fingers crossed to hear from the school soon.
good luck to you all too

Hi,
i thought i was the only victim there at the lunch session. hahahhahhaa. Any way nice to meet you all.

hi ann
so how was your interveiw?

ketu

hi guys,
anybody know when is the next interview schedule at nyu?can you share your interview dates and ndb scores?

next interview is on 18th of march and I am going there for interview.

hey guys

got accepted in NYU

thanks for the great support guys.

regards

ketu

hi ketu,

congratulations........................so are u taking up nyu or waiting for bu.......
any how congrats.........its time to celebrate.