New York compounding exam June 2020 - delayed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

297point1

Breaking kayfabe
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-
I've received a question from a soon-to-be graduate who wants to practice in New York; she says that the state has postponed the Part III [compounding] exam in June, and as I understand it the exam is only offered twice per year (January and June). I can't find anything on the state board website about this postponement (NYS Pharmacy:License Requirements) but it makes sense given the pandemic.

The question they asked me is about licensing: does anyone know if New York is going to issue pharmacist licenses for new grads (provisional or full) if they pass the NAPLEX and MPJE but can't take the compounding exam? Or are these grads out of luck until the compounding exam is rescheduled?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Update: Part III exams will be held on August 4.
The student (now graduate) tells me the exam is going to be virtual. Any insight as to how a compounding exam is going to be done virtually? That seems...challenging?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about the results for the NY State Compounding exam from August 4th...some places said results in 2-4 weeks others said 6-8 weeks but with it being electronic would assume it would be quicker to grade. Not sure if the discrepancies with the directions from the exam will slow down the process