New York 2018-2019 Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same with me!!
Great!! Looking forward seeing you in class! They actually having orientation this Friday, don’t know if we are invited to attend as well !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I posted in the Stony Brook thread but wanted to post here as well. Does anyone know what number they are at on their waitlist? I asked once about my place, should I ask again?

I asked about my waitlist number for stony, I am around 100 I was kinda bummed out first, but I asked about my chance to get in, she told me according last two years they went through the whole waitlist which was 190 people, so don’t be discouraged, people who are on the waitlist have a good chance getting in
Hey! Have you heard anything from SB about being pulled of their waitlist yet?

Hey! Have you heard anything from SB about being pulled of their waitlist yet?

I am not sure for right now, but I did ask couple months ago, she said the waitlist goes so slow this year, I have already committed to another program, so I pulled myself off the waitlist from SB, but you should def ask the director about the waitlist

I am not sure for right now, but I did ask couple months ago, she said the waitlist goes so slow this year, I have already committed to another program, so I pulled myself off the waitlist from SB, but you should def ask the director about the waitlist
I reached out to them once and they sent me an email about remaining on the waitlist a few weeks ago as well, but I'm thinking I will just contact them again anyways. Thanks for the reply, and congrats on committing to another program!!

If there is anyone who has been accepted and attending Dominican College, can you please reach out to me? I'm thinking of transferring from another school that is not accredited and it hasn't been the best experience thus far - for a number of reasons.

If there is anyone who has been accepted and attending Dominican College, can you please reach out to me? I'm thinking of transferring from another school that is not accredited and it hasn't been the best experience thus far - for a number of reasons.
Do you mind me asking what school and why?

Do you mind me asking what school and why?
Marist College - it's not even accredited and I'm looking to transfer bc (as the second cohort) we are experiencing a whole host of problems, from material (or lack there of), teaching (or lack there of), disorganization, etc.
BTW - I went to AU for undergrad ;)

Marist College - it's not even accredited and I'm looking to transfer bc (as the second cohort) we are experiencing a whole host of problems, from material (or lack there of), teaching (or lack there of), disorganization, etc.
BTW - I went to AU for undergrad ;)
Okay good to know because I was accepted there for the Spring 2020 cohort. I did put my deposit down, but still have two more interviews coming up this month for two schools that are accredited. Has Marist mentioned anything about potentially not becoming accredited? And ahhh War Eagle!!!

Okay good to know because I was accepted there for the Spring 2020 cohort. I did put my deposit down, but still have two more interviews coming up this month for two schools that are accredited. Has Marist mentioned anything about potentially not becoming accredited? And ahhh War Eagle!!!
I'm in the first cohort at Marist (2nd year student) and we aren't accredited yet because we are a brand-new program - it's not like we were accredited and lost it. We are currently on track to become accredited and have not had any issues with the accreditation process. They just had a big meeting with CAPTE this past week - we are still in good shape.

Reactions: 1 users
Where else are you applying if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in the first cohort at Marist (2nd year student) and we aren't accredited yet because we are a brand-new program - it's not like we were accredited and lost it. We are currently on track to become accredited and have not had any issues with the accreditation process. They just had a big meeting with CAPTE this past week - we are still in good shape.
I know about the accreditation status and how it won't happen until after the first cohort graduates. Thank you for sharing about the big meeting with CAPTE that's huge!!! I was just curious about the experience people currently in the program were having!

Where else are you applying if you don't mind me asking?
I applied to Marist College, The Sage Colleges, SUNY Upstate Medical for in-state and then University of St. Augustine, Creighton University, UTHSC, Wingate University, Samford University, Regis University, and University of Miami for OOS!