New York 2018-2019 Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was looking for one too but I don't think anyone's made it yet. One of us could make one maybe??
Do you know the cost of NYU tuition?

Members don't see this ad.

accepted to csi. i’m between csi, drexel and stony brook. mostly stony brook and csi...
csi is ~40k
stony ~ 125k

but i’m in loveeeee with stony and feel bleh about csi. not sure what to do

Your getting the same degree. Is it really worth spending an extra 85 grand?

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted to csi. i’m between csi, drexel and stony brook. mostly stony brook and csi...
csi is ~40k
stony ~ 125k

but i’m in loveeeee with stony and feel bleh about csi. not sure what to do
I declined CSI for the same reasons, was not feeling the environment. I went to Drexel for undergrad and it was a good experience, but I would not go there again because of the costs and quarter system. Have heard good things about Stony, but I'm honestly really surprised it costs that much. If you are a NY resident though, you get a lot of financial aid. None for Drexel.

Lets make one! Did yall accept and pay the deposit already?
Yep already submitted my deposit. I'm waitlisted at Columbia so I'm still waiting on that, but as of now it looks like I'll be going to NYU

I declined CSI for the same reasons, was not feeling the environment. I went to Drexel for undergrad and it was a good experience, but I would not go there again because of the costs and quarter system. Have heard good things about Stony, but I'm honestly really surprised it costs that much. If you are a NY resident though, you get a lot of financial aid. None for Drexel.

it’s closer to 115 (instate) than 125 actually but yeah! i’m so so torn. i want to go to stony but also want to have no loans!

what do you mean by financial aid? you don’t really get any for grad school

Applied/Accepted/Interviewed: NYMC, NYIT, Columbia
Turned down nymc & nyit, thinking about Columbia

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Any NYU interviewees still waiting on a decision? Has anyone heard anything other than “February/March” for decisions?
I interviewed in December and I’m so nervous waiting for any news!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cost and school ranking. I’ve been accepted to my home state school, which is in the nations top ten and 1/3 the price of Columbia.

Oh that's tough! In state tuition is always the best. Totally will be my deciding factor in schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Any NYU interviewees still waiting on a decision? Has anyone heard anything other than “February/March” for decisions?
I interviewed in December and I’m so nervous waiting for any news!

I have an interview on the second! They probably make all the decisions after that! I’m guessing it’s the last interview date. How was your interview?

Hi,
Heyyy, has anyone got an interview from NYMC or SUNY Upstate yet?
Congrats on getting invited for an interview! I had my interview at NYMC in October and was accepted, but decided to attend another institution. It was a very intimate-style interview. There were only about 8 of us, in a conference room with the director of the program. He explained to us various aspects of the program, gave us a tour, and we had lunch with current students. We also had the chance to attend a problem-based learning session with current students. For the interview part, each of us was matched with a faculty member and we interviewed in their office for about one hour. Just be very familiar with your application, specifically for that program, and be ready to explain grades/test scores, if needed. It was a very relaxing and non-intimidating setting, so you will be just fine. Best of luck!!

Anyone able to give me some
Info on LIU Brooklyn interview process?

Anyone accepted to NYUs DPT program for 2022 wanna give me there facebook name so I can start a group?

Anyone accepted to NYUs DPT program for 2022 wanna give me there facebook name so I can start a group?
I'm trying to send you a direct message but it's not letting me for some reason.

I interviewed at NYU back in early December but still haven’t heard anything. Have they held any more interviews? Anyone else not heard back yet?

I interviewed at NYU back in early December but still haven’t heard anything. Have they held any more interviews? Anyone else not heard back yet?
I applied in October and never received any response at all.

Got accepted into LIU today. Interviewed on 2/1

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to Touro Manhattan two weeks ago and just got waitlisted at LIU Brooklyn today. For anyone that got waitlisted at LIU, how long did it take for you to hear back?

Accepted to Touro Manhattan two weeks ago and just got waitlisted at LIU Brooklyn today. For anyone that got waitlisted at LIU, how long did it take for you to hear back?
I got waitlisted at LIU and then accepted and it took about 20 days but part of those were during the holidays.
Also, sent in a deposit for Touro Manhattan if you decide to go there, lmk!

Awesome! Did they tell you what number and how long it takes to find out if you get off the waitlist?
I'm pretty low. In the 20s ... they said anytime from now til they start .. not seeming too likely though.. i also got waitlisted for LIU today!

I'm pretty low. In the 20s ... they said anytime from now til they start .. not seeming too likely though.. i also got waitlisted for LIU today!
That’s great hopefully you get off both waitlists :) Good luck !

Did anyone get an offer to interview at LIU on march 8th? if anyone has any input or opinions (pros and cons) on their program any information would be helpful

Did anyone get an offer to interview at LIU on march 8th? if anyone has any input or opinions (pros and cons) on their program any information would be helpful
I really enjoyed it, i went a few weeks ago, just a piece of advice, prepare your own questions to ask !

Has anyone interviewed with SUNY Upstate yet? I have an interview with them coming up! Also, does anyone know anything about Stony Brook? I’m on their waitlist and anxiously waiting and hoping they contact me

Has anyone interviewed with SUNY Upstate yet? I have an interview with them coming up! Also, does anyone know anything about Stony Brook? I’m on their waitlist and anxiously waiting and hoping they contact me
I was #5 on the waitlist and have been accepted on January 15th. You can always call them, and they’ll let you know your current spot in the waitlist. They are super nice! Good luck! It was moving pretty fast.

I really enjoyed it, i went a few weeks ago, just a piece of advice, prepare your own questions to ask !

Thanks! Is there any specifics about the program that stood out to you or anything you disliked?