New York 2018-2019 Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear back from NYU who went to the 11/10 interview?

I also interviewed that day and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping that they'll send us something soon

Members don't see this ad.

I also interviewed that day and haven't heard anything yet. Hoping that they'll send us something soon

I also interviewed on that Saturday 11/10 and haven’t heard from them yet. I believe they should be sending out the first round of acceptances next week! Best luck

For those who recently interviewed at NYU, just curious, how long were you at the building for? I interview this coming week and wanted to know the time frame. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there for about 1 1/2 -2 hrs I think (it's a blur). About 20-30 before my interview - they ask you to arrive early. During that time I chatted with a current student and the Chair of admissions checked in with me. Then about a 30-35 min formal interview. Then you do a writing sample. It's not timed, but they suggest 30 minutes. And then a tour of the PT floor. I'm NY-based so did not attend a campus tour.[/QUOTE]

Anyone hear from CSI after their interview ? I went on 11/29

I was there for about 1 1/2 -2 hrs I think (it's a blur). About 20-30 before my interview - they ask you to arrive early. During that time I chatted with a current student and the Chair of admissions checked in with me. Then about a 30-35 min formal interview. Then you do a writing sample. It's not timed, but they suggest 30 minutes. And then a tour of the PT floor. I'm NY-based so did not attend a campus tour.
[/QUOTE]

Great, thank you for your response!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone attend the stony brook interview on 11/30? what did you think?

Just got accepted to Hunter College!!!!!!! I'm in complete disbelief

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!! Did they call or email? That's so exciting, I hope I get accepted too!!!
They emailed me telling me that they posted their admissions decision on my application so I signed in and there it was!! Thank you so much and I wish you all the best!! @Studentptms Thank you soooo much!!

Did anyone interview at CSI? What do they mean by analyzing a research article?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from CSI after their interview ? I went on 11/29
I also went on the 29th! But they told me by Christmas I would know my status.

Did anyone interview at CSI? What do they mean by analyzing a research article?
You're given 30 minutes to read a >10ish page of a scientific article and asked to summarize it.

Just got an email right at 5pm from them that I got in!! I interviewed on 11/9

Reactions: 3 users
I also just got an email that I got accepted!!! I interviewed on 11/10

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an email as well that I was accepted into NYU!!
Interviewed 11/10.

I just got accepted to Hunter College on Monday! I have my interview with CSI tomorrow but more than likely going to go with Hunter

I just got accepted to Hunter College on Monday! I have my interview with CSI tomorrow but more than likely going to go with Hunter
Congrats! When did you interview at Hunter? I went on 11/13 and did not get any email.. starting to lose hope :(

Congrats! When did you interview at Hunter? I went on 11/13 and did not get any email.. starting to lose hope :(
I interviewed on 11/28, but they said they will be sending out acceptances all throughout December. Don’t give up hope !

I interviewed on 11/28, but they said they will be sending out acceptances all throughout December. Don’t give up hope !
Thank you very much for your kind words. Happy for your acceptance!

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing! Can you post what your stats were.

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing! Can you post what your stats were.
Sure, I’m sorry if it’s not by a specific format if I need to do so.
Major: Nutrition
GPA:3.87
Pre-req GPA:3.8
GRE: R:154 M:157 W:3.5
Extracurricular: Athletics
Experience: 115 inpatient
~300 outpatient

Sure, I’m sorry if it’s not by a specific format if I need to do so.
Major: Nutrition
GPA:3.87
Pre-req GPA:3.8
GRE: R:154 M:157 W:3.5
Extracurricular: Athletics
Experience: 115 inpatient
~300 outpatient
Thank you your stats are great! Congratulations again :)

Last edited:
How was the NYU interview? Were there any tough questions / do you have any recommendations now that you've been accepted?

It was my favorite from the jump. You meet with a bunch of current students until you go for your interview. An alumni, professor and master clinician asking you like 8/9 questions that are basic. Why PT, why NYU, greatest strength/weakness, etc. I’d recommend being yourself and making sure to relate you answers to your experiences. Also laughing and sending a thank you email afterwards helped. Good luck!

Y'all!! I got my acceptance email yesterday at 5pm to NYU too!!
Congrats for your acceptance, I interviewed on 11/10 as well but haven’t heard back, does everyone also interviewed on 11/10 but didn’t hear back yet, does it mean I have no chance ?

Congrats for your acceptance, I interviewed on 11/10 as well but haven’t heard back, does everyone also interviewed on 11/10 but didn’t hear back yet, does it mean I have no chance ?

I also interviewed on 11/10 and haven’t heard back yet. I believe they send out their acceptances in waves, just gotta keep our fingers crossed!

I also interviewed on 11/10 and haven’t heard back yet. I believe they send out their acceptances in waves, just gotta keep our fingers crossed!

Hope we both hear good news from them soon, good luck for us !

How was the NYU interview? Were there any tough questions / do you have any recommendations now that you've been accepted?

I thought they were very friendly. There was a full-time faculty member, and adjunct and an alum and they rotated asking questions. It became more of a conversation really and I felt like they tried to put me at ease. They are taking notes as you talk, however...so that's a little stilted.

From looking at past years and talking to friends who are current students, these "rolling" programs like NYU, LIU and Hunter tend to interview and then make some offers early, but that totally doesn't mean you won't get an offer later. I think they will inform you if you are out-and-out rejected and otherwise are kept on a pseudo-waitlist, until they fill their classes. There will definitely be a lot of shuffling around. My friend got off the waitlist for Hunter in February a couple years ago and then rescinded an offer from NYU ... which opened up a spot for someone else.

It's hard to hear about other people's acceptances when you're just waiting and hoping! Sometimes I feel it might be better to just not know anything. But don't be discouraged!

Reactions: 3 users
I also got accepted into the waitlist for LIU! wish they would tell us our rank. I liked their program a lot also.

Does anyone know if LIU sent out all of their interview invitations already? Anyone hear from Sunydownstate?

Hi I got waitlisted at LIU as well, how did you feel about their program?

I liked everything i saw the day of the program but to be honest i'm not too interested in attending! It seems as though they have a lot of issues (budget, professors leaving, etc) and i've heard many complaints from grads. Plus the tuition doesn't help.

I liked everything i saw the day of the program but to be honest i'm not too interested in attending! It seems as though they have a lot of issues (budget, professors leaving, etc) and i've heard many complaints from grads. Plus the tuition doesn't help.
Would you be able to go into more detail about the budget and professors leaving? What I got from the students there are that the program is great and the faculty really cares about the students. I am choosing between LIU and another schools but I'm leaning towards LIU so I'd like to know as much information as I can before committing! Thanks!

For anyone who recently interviewed at NYU this past week, did you happen to catch/ask when we may hear decisions by?

Would you be able to go into more detail about the budget and professors leaving? What I got from the students there are that the program is great and the faculty really cares about the students. I am choosing between LIU and another schools but I'm leaning towards LIU so I'd like to know as much information as I can before committing! Thanks!

I was wondering if you got any additional information about LIU and if you have made a decision?