New Texas legislation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HerderOfCats

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there really no conversation about the new Texas legislation?? Really??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there really no conversation about the new Texas legislation?? Really??
What's there to discuss?

Vast majority of OB GYNs don't perform elective terminations. Sucks to be in Texas if you do.

It's going to work through the courts. They've halted the ability to sue right now.

It's mainly Planned Parenthood that will feel the brunt and to be honest, I don't care. I've seen enough of the "care" the physicians/ mid levels they hire provide that whatever happens to them is fine.

What's there to discuss?

Vast majority of OB GYNs don't perform elective terminations. Sucks to be in Texas if you do.

It's going to work through the courts. They've halted the ability to sue right now.

It's mainly Planned Parenthood that will feel the brunt and to be honest, I don't care. I've seen enough of the "care" the physicians/ mid levels they hire provide that whatever happens to them is fine.
Huh?
It’s mainly patients that will feel the brunt.
Services aren’t happening right now and that’s horrific. It’s sad when even people in the medical field don’t even understand the necessity of this care, regardless of politics.

Unfortunately, getting care in TX has been super difficult for awhile now and this just takes it to another level.

Anyway, for those interested in action steps I recommend you donate to local abortion funds that are helping people get the care they need & make your friends/family/colleagues aware and also write to professional organizations like Acog.

Also, in regards to the comment about planned parenthood being the most affected, I don’t have the exact stats on TX, but the vast majority of abortion care happens at places NOT at planned parenthood, so in general care is done elsewhere. These laws affect all patients and places outside of planned parenthood in most states.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Vast majority of OB GYNS don't perform abortions. The stats back this up.

Abortions are typically limiting to family planning clinics etc. Fine, it may not be Planned Parenthood exactly but similar style clinics with questionable practices.

They will feel the brunt along with some patients.

In my group of 10 physicians, this news has not caused a peep.