New Purple Uniform

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kyu1q84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
I would prefer one uniform across all of the branches. The current AF ABU is hideous is really missed out on velcro tabs and ranks that the Army ACU has.

The Army's done a 180 on those velcro tabs. Many people - even in the MC - are now having things sewn on. The cargo pockets were switched back to buttons, too. Same for the the OEF multicam uniforms.

This will never happen. It is entirely too reasonable. But all jokes aside, this will really never happen...

It doesn't matter if you have one purple uniform, they're still going to make one for each day of the month and change the damn thing every 5 seconds...

I would prefer one uniform across all of the branches. The current AF ABU is hideous is really missed out on velcro tabs and ranks that the Army ACU has.

The Army velcro sucks. I've been wearing this multicam velcro garbage for just 6 months now, and the velcro is shot. Done. To get it to stick, you have to squeeze it together and rub it and hope. And it's not like I'm hard on the uniforms - I just walk around the base in them, and wear scrubs in the hospital. The multicam is fine otherwise, but the velcro ruins them.

I'm looking forward to tossing them all in the burn pit in a few weeks.

The Marines got their digital camo uniforms right 10 years ago.

The Marine uniforms are spot on. Collar insignia that are pins. So, you don't need to get new ones sewn on with promotion.