New one for me, maybe not for you --

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm answering 911 lines the other night and I get an odd call...

The guy is requesting an ambulance to take him to the liquor store

:laugh:

Turns out, his phone was cut off due to lack of payment, so the only way he could get a call out was by dialing 911

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a good one along those lines. My partner and I were dispatched for a woman having chest pain. We get on scene to find a woman clutching her chest and breathing heavily. The cops are already there. So we calm her down, give her some O2, and load her into the rig.

Before we take off from the scene, I start rattling off my usual questions. First, she says her chest hurts because she had surgery a few days ago on her breasts and now she thinks they're infected. I take a look and sure enough she had surgical sites that were oozing. Oh, I should also mention I noticed a strong odor of alcohol on her breath. Further on in my questioning, I find she is a former addict who just got out of rehab but has painkillers on her.

En route, I inform this woman that the hospital we're headed to is pretty crowded this night and she'll have to wait a few hours. She says no prob. It's around 3AM now as we pull into the hospital and get into the queue at triage. When we finally reach the nurse, she tells us there are no beds at present and our patient will have to wait in a chair. All of a sudden this woman starts making a fit how she has a bad back and can't sit in a chair. She then announces she's leaving, starts yelling at me and my partner when we tell her that she needs to be looked at, then storms out of the ED.

Eventually, my partner and I piece it together that this woman was probably a hooker who was looking to get a ride back into the city. Boy my partner was pissed about that one.

I was listening in dispatch one night when I was partner-less, when a man called. He wanted an ambulance to come to his home because his five (5) year old daughter lost a tooth. And he wanted us to put it back into the socket. :eek:

He ended up saying never-mind, but still....

Some people just SHOULD NOT PROCREATE!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a couple we had problems w/:
They were some major frequent flyers w/ us and at the worst point they were calling sometimes twice a day! The woman would call once a month to say she was bleeding to death...what was it? Her period of course.

There is a building where they have bingo about a block from the hospital...these people live about a 4 blocks or so from the hospital and the bingo hall. On thursday nites (bingo nites) they would call about 5:30 (bingo starts at 7) and say they were having chest pain, diff. breathing, etc. we'd arrive, take them to the hospital, and leave...they would then sign themselves out of the hospital refusing treatment about 6 and walk the block to bingo. They called the ambulance just so they didn't have to walk the extra 3 blocks!!! I wonder how much money they cost the taxpayers a year?

We actually had a man arrested for abusing an ambulance when I worked in Georgia. Georgia actually has a law making it illegal to summon an emergency vehicle under false pretense or to summon an ambulance when a medical emergency doesn't exist (in the eyes of a layperson).

We Have A Frequent Flyer Here Who Called 911 120 Times Last Month For Things Such As " Which One Of These Pills Is My Antibiotic, I Forgot"?