New Military Pay incentives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so the ceiling has been raised for what is possible....but doesn't mean much, unless that extra room is actually used.

....and will it be used to show that the experience of the O-5's and O-6's means something to the Army, or will those senior officers continue to get pushed aside? the Army seems to think that the incentives should go to getting yound officers to join, for a few years, as opposed to looking at the future, and rewarding long careers - but more importantly, showing the junior officers that they won't be pushed aside and forgotten about if they show loyalty to the Army with longer careers.

(i.e. the Army seems to be more focused on getting a young dentist for only a few years, as opposed trying to keep dentists in for a full career and utilizing experience and training).

so the ceiling has been raised for what is possible....but doesn't mean much, unless that extra room is actually used.

....and will it be used to show that the experience of the O-5's and O-6's means something to the Army, or will those senior officers continue to get pushed aside? the Army seems to think that the incentives should go to getting yound officers to join, for a few years, as opposed to looking at the future, and rewarding long careers - but more importantly, showing the junior officers that they won't be pushed aside and forgotten about if they show loyalty to the Army with longer careers.

(i.e. the Army seems to be more focused on getting a young dentist for only a few years, as opposed trying to keep dentists in for a full career and utilizing experience and training).

These bonuses will combine current bonus groups together. Dental Officers will benefit from this - both junior and senior. Rememember that most of the large bonuses are targeted at the specialitsts - which typically are those making a career out of the military. However, there are the other bonuses - DASP, VSP that will be combined and also benefit all officers.

I used to work on the board for medical special pays. The majority of this type of pay is standardized across the board and all services must pay the same amounts. We currently have about 23 types of special pays in the health care world. They are looking at combining it down to about 4. The current idea is that no one will lose money with the consolidation and hopefully most will get paid more.

One item to keep in mind. Those numbers show what is authorized, not what is funded. If the services don't have the money to pay the ceiling amount, they have the flexibility to work out a lower amount. But, like I said earlier, it has to be the same for all services for most of the pays.