new MD school apparently declined federal aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMidlife

has an opinion
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have a look: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/accept-cnucom-or-reapply.1199695/

Brief overview:
1. Cal Northstate is new and for-profit and LCME prelim accredited
2. CN graduated a PharmD class, thus making the whole school eligible for Title IV federal loans
3. CN's first MD class starts this summer
4. CN isn't offering federal loans this year

Lots of student commentary on what CN had to say in the linked thread. As far as I know, this is a first.
:corny:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Somehow I missed that we now have for-profit allopathic schools in the US. Sad days, but it speaks to the fact that we really can't trust these schools to have our best interests at heart. I still don't get the answer for any we're expanding medical school spots as it won't increase the number of physicians.

Members don't see this ad :)
Somehow I missed that we now have for-profit allopathic schools in the US. Sad days, but it speaks to the fact that we really can't trust these schools to have our best interests at heart. I still don't get the answer for any we're expanding medical school spots as it won't increase the number of physicians.
We need more $chool$ for rea$on$.

Really though, I think they're using expanding medical school classes as a blunt instrument to eventually crack open expanded residency funding. "Our country can't even train all of the doctors it graduates! Look at all these students with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt but no place to train!" That's how it's going to go, mark my words.

you're fooling yourself if you think the non-profit status of the other schools means they don't care just as much about money. A board of trustees can count just as well as a board of directors...

Reactions: 1 users
you're fooling yourself if you think the non-profit status of the other schools means they don't care just as much about money. A board of trustees can count just as well as a board of directors...

LOL at everyone thinking that a nonprofit status means anything in term of its financial motivation.

For example, CCOM is banking coins right now.

Reactions: 1 user